The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

1 hour ago, vada_9 said:

Let's try Cape Town at the V and A waterfront and it is the Zeitz museum of contemporary art. Got it from your last clue and the little boat is the hoho around the harbour.

I knew it looked familiar as we were there last year.

***Ding Ding Ding!!!  You got it.

AMA had us fly to Cape Town where their 'River Cruise' began with 3 nights in Cape Town, then a long flight through J'burg to Kasane, Botswana to board the Zambezi Queen in Namibia.  More passport stamps in one day than I ever had, even before Schengen!

OK @vada_9: you're up!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vada_9 said:

I believe they were the old silo's that they converted to an art space.

Yes but my photo doesn't show the silos, only the square-ish front which is partially blocked by the other building.  DW and I don't normally like 'modern art' but we had some free time so gave this a shot.  We had been pleasantly surprised by the modern art in the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, so we decided to give this a shot.  This time, the architecture was interesting - but the 'art' was not!!!  [In Our Not-At-All-Humble Opinion]

3 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Not the new Tappan Zee bridge... though it bears a striking ressemblance!

@jpalbny you are a true New Yorker!  Yes, it's the New Tappan Zee Bridge, just as it is still 6th Avenue, and still the 59th Street Bridge – and Shea Stadium!!!  JFK airport is the one exception – and that/he was special.  And maybe the Jackie Robinson Interboro Parkway [although it was hardly an honor to give him the worst road in all of NYC...]

I am again so grateful to @notamermaid for starting this thread.  It is one of two on Cruise Critic that I really look forward to checking, in this time of Covid and no-cruising.  [The other is https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2741933-to-add-some-humour.  But if you haven't discovered it yet, be aware that it is 688 pages with over 12,000 humorous posts, each funnier than the next – if you rearrange them that way...]

And the Cruise Critic computer agrees, telling us all that notamermaid is Hot!

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 9.33.48 PM.png

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I am again so grateful to @notamermaid for starting this thread.  It is one of two on Cruise Critic that I really look forward to checking, in this time of Covid and no-cruising. 

Thank you. Not really sure what else to say, was a bit speechless at breakfast. Your post made me really happy (with watery eyes)! One of my first thoughts this morning after I had woken up was "I wonder if someone has solved the puzzle during the night." Really beats waking up thinking about politics.

So, I will pat myself on the back a bit and thank you all again for joining in the fun. :classic_smile::classic_smile: The game would not work without all your great travel pics and enthusiasm.

Right, I think we are waiting for an answer from @vada_9 about Hanoi.

notamermaid

• Like 1

I also want to add my thanks for this thread.  I haven't had most of everyone else's experience touring Europe (and none of Asia or Egypt), but really enjoy seeing the pictures.  A few I knew but have googled a lot thanks to the clues.  It's nice to have a thread to escape to with all that's going on in the world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NewCruiser2016 said:

Vada_9, is it the Nhat Tan bridge in Hanoi, Vietnam, Red River?

Yes it is - your turn now. 

Also known as the Vietnam - Japanese Friendship bridge. In the first photo we are driving in from the airport. Will be in Hanoi once we cross the bridge. 2nd photo taken from Angkor Pandaw - Red River and Halong Bay cruise.

We also crossed the Red River by train (on a shared bridge ). An interesting fact is young couples on their scooters, park their bikes on the bridge, grab a blanket/food for a date, watching the water below. 

2 minutes ago, vada_9 said:

Yes it is - your turn now. 

Also known as the Vietnam - Japanese Friendship bridge. In the first photo we are driving in from the airport. Will be in Hanoi once we cross the bridge. 2nd photo taken from Angkor Pandaw - Red River and Halong Bay cruise.

We also crossed the Red River by train (on a shared bridge ). An interesting fact is young couples on their scooters, park their bikes on the bridge, grab a blanket/food for a date, watching the water below. 

I think I remember that bridge coming in from the airport.

I did a Vespa tour in Hanoi that crossed that bridge that you crossed by train.

I would like to yield my turn to Notamermaid to add my thanks for starting this wonderful thread. If that isn’t within the rules (or Notamermaid prefers not to post), let’s do a wild card.

Notamermaid, please let us know if you will post the next photo. And thank you again for your great idea!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NewCruiser2016 said:

I would like to yield my turn to Notamermaid to add my thanks for starting this wonderful thread. If that isn’t within the rules (or Notamermaid prefers not to post), let’s do a wild card.

Notamermaid, please let us know if you will post the next photo. And thank you again for your great idea!

Thank you very much. I am honoured to be given the next turn. :classic_smile:

But I would like to pass it on and happily invite a person who has not posted a photo in the thread before - let us say we wait two hours. I hope that gives someone reading in the background enough time to prepare. If no one responds then I do want to see another puzzle from a repeat poster when I get up. :classic_biggrin:

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
spelling

I also would like to thank everyone for this escape from our present predicament. ( I don't want to call it our new normal).

It is interesting to see what will catch someone's eye enough to take the time to photograph it.

I do not take photographs,  I take snapshots....that way no one can criticize the lighting, composition or content.  They make me happy , and that's what remembering things that matter to me are all about.

RB 

7 minutes ago, Ritabob said:

I do not take photographs,  I take snapshots....that way no one can criticize the lighting, composition or content.  They make me happy , and that's what remembering things that matter to me are all about.

RB 

I also take snapshots – but these sophisticated new cameras [even in smartphones] turn them into photographs!

Name what is in the photo. First guess the river. After that name the town/city/place.
The person one who first guesses correctly gets to post the next photo!

Please, DO NOT POST any PHOTOS unless it is your turn

Hi all, We visited this location while on a Viking Cruise last summer.  I bet it will be too easy but it is such a fun thread!

Vacation Photo.jpg