Congressional Investigation into CDC No-Sail Order

19 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The exchange took place March 18.  It is not propaganda, it is what was said.  You can find the video to view

I’m not disputing what took place nor that the reporting is inaccurate.  To me, the article practices a bit of sophistry in that little information/perspective on why the Order remains in place and what actions cruise lines have taken to comply with the Order were offered.

Edited by d9704011

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I’m not disputing what took place nor that the reporting is inaccurate.  To me, the article practices a bit of sophistry in that little information/perspective on why the Order remains in place and what actions cruise lines have taken to comply with the Order were offered.

That could be.  When I saw the article discussed yesterday, I immediately went to the source as is my habit.  The propaganda designation does seem to me a bit much

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

Not to politicize, but this is the administration's MO.  Just like the border issues, the WH defers to DHS. Here the CDC is punting to DOT...  Really?

CDC is feckless and has no clue what to do.  I'd be pushing for answers too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I was a bit surprised by Dr. Walensky's answer to Lisa Murkowski's question about which other agencies were involved.  She said "the Department of Transportation and I believe several others".  The "I believe several others" without actually naming them, to me, is a bit suspect.  Either she doesn't know or is making it up, is what it sounds like. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I was a bit surprised by Dr. Walensky's answer to Lisa Murkowski's question about which other agencies were involved.  She said "the Department of Transportation and I believe several others".  The "I believe several others" without actually naming them, to me, is a bit suspect.  Either she doesn't know or is making it up, is what it sounds like. 

That stood out for me as well.  

The question was specific to the CDC's orders.  Not other items that are related to passenger vessel operations.

The CDC created the CSO banning cruise ships but is now claiming they aren't in control of the CSO any more.  Now it's some other agency or agencies that can't be named.

• Like 6

This is quite sad, as we've all been thinking the CDC has all the control.  If it is a 4 phased approach I would think that the agencies  involved would be called out in that documentation.  Being that this issue has been on the table for such a long time the CDC should have made it clear what the path is to sail. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

The CDC doesn't want ships sailing.  This is all smoke and mirrors to kick the can down the road.  It's not about science or data or facts.

Hopefully the senate isn't buying this hogwash. 

50% plus 1 is in agreement with CDC.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That's a really bad look from the CDC.  Playing dumb and saying it's not their decision?

Totally agree.  It also undermines the effective of vaccinations.

Basically the CDC is saying that even with vaccines PLUS all of their best practice protocols such as distancing, masks, and frequent testing that nothing has changed, it is too risky for anyone to gather at any level.

Hours before getting my first dose and now I am questioning if I should vaccinate.

If vaccines combined with all the best protocols in the world can't move America forward we really have little choice but to let the virus run its course. 

If vaccines aren't the answer or game changer we thought, nothing will be.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

Not to politicize, but this is the administration's MO.  Just like the border issues, the WH defers to DHS. Here the CDC is punting to DOT...  Really?

CDC is feckless and has no clue what to do.  I'd be pushing for answers too.

sad, but not surprising.

• Like 1

I'm sure the CDC will eventually have an epiphany one night and reverse things the next day, much like they did for the 6 foot/3 foot school rules, even though most schools have been doing 3 feet or less since August and the CDC director herself said last July that 3 feet was fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Totally agree.  It also undermines the effective of vaccinations.

Basically the CDC is saying that even with vaccines PLUS all of their best practice protocols such as distancing, masks, and frequent testing that nothing has changed, it is too risky for anyone to gather at any level.

Hours before getting my first dose and now I am questioning if I should vaccinate.

If vaccines combined with all the best protocols in the world can't move America forward we really have little choice but to let the virus run its course. 

If vaccines aren't the answer or game changer we thought, nothing will be.

It is frustrating.  Ive had both for over 2 months so you can imagine how annoying it is.  I tend to lean towards Dr. Paul rather than Dr. Fauci so I may be biased.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

why can't anyone in government take some responsibility and stop passing the buck?  So ridiculous watching this video.

That's a good one !  The government taking responsibility ?!  (I'm not laughing at you....I'm laughing at the buffoons).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

While the Senator from Alaska was quoted, I'm sure other Senators are interested to hear the CDC's plan to reopen which don't depend on Canada.

That was my question. Alaska sailings are unique as it depends upon Canada opening their ports. Maybe that’s why she suggested multiple agencies?

M8

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That was my question. Alaska sailings are unique as it depends upon Canada opening their ports. Maybe that’s why she suggested multiple agencies?

M8

The question to her was specific to the CDC orders.  

The senator from Alaska knows all to well the complexities of the PVSA and immigration law.  She wasn't asking the CDC director to give opinions on other areas of federal law.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

The question to her was specific to the CDC orders.  

The senator from Alaska knows all to well the complexities of the PVSA and immigration law.  She wasn't asking the CDC director to give opinions on other areas of federal law.  

They didn’t have time to consult the puppet master(s). 😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 1