Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I agree, although I've learned from my daughter, who is MUCH more extroverted than I am, that she needs to be around other people.  She goes crazy if she's alone too much.  

I get that but I am sure they have plenty of crew to hang with and don't have to feel like the pressure is on them to be the entertainment.

As for myself, I tend to value alone time. I would also value getting out of that uniform and into comfortable clothes.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wonder if the officers actually enjoy the meal or if it's just part of their job to pretend like they enjoy it.  

In all likelihood, some probably do and some probably don't.  Just like the various responses on here, there are people who are naturally more comfortable with this.  I've noticed it when the officers do the Q&A.  Some are very comfortable and give very detailed answers, and some are clearly annoyed.  We were on an NCL cruise, and guy asked how much does it cost to operate the ship a day.  The Director of Hotel Operations answered "Are you a stock holder, otherwise you don't need to know that."  Clearly he did not need to be on the panel.  I doubt he was any friendlier at lunch, alcohol or not.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I agree, although I've learned from my daughter, who is MUCH more extroverted than I am, that she needs to be around other people.  She goes crazy if she's alone too much.  

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

As for myself, I tend to value alone time. I would also value getying our of that uniform and into comfortable clothes.

This is my wife and I.  I'll talk to anyone and everyone.  My wife is more quiet.  Dinner on the cruises always start out with her being very quiet, and then around day 2 joining in the conversation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Freedom used to do breakfast😉

I loved that breakfast!!   Very elegant and included all Ds and up.  Did not have to be 350/340 points.  Was in the days of the "Diamond Event" (no DL) and Diamonds in December as well.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Nothing against anyone who enjoys this, but this is one thing I will never participate in. If it was the Captain.. I would still pass. Maybe I am overlooking something about it that would be beneficial, but I just can't see it. 

Luckily not everyone has the same desires and tastes.  Choice is there.  Thank goodness we are not all the same!!  😮  Me, I enjoy the lunches...and if you have never tried one?......

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Luckily not everyone has the same desires and tastes.  Choice is there.  Thank goodness we are not all the same!!  😮  Me, I enjoy the lunches...and if you have never tried one?......

Agree about choices. This is one thing that I do not need to try to know that I would not enjoy. 😉

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, soremekun said:

I'm currently at 27 points.  I have two remaining cruises on Royal for 2021.  They are 7 nights each.  These will push me to Emerald.  Makes me semi reconsider my choice to L&S my February 2021 cruise to March 2022.

This means I will "experience" three different status levels next year.

So funny about Emerald level, it's so short we skipped right over it going from Platinum to Diamond on one longer cruise.  Drats...never got the Emerald pin either.  😉 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I would like to hit 340 pts to get solo cabin discount. I dont care otherwise and no hope to get there any time soon

DP340 is a trap.  Once you get it you'll find other cruise lines have a hard time being price competitive when solo.  

I'm shopping some other lines now and in all cases Royal solo is the least expensive.  That's a good thing unless you like another itinerary or ship better, then you have to accept the higher cost for the privilege of sailing the competition. 

DP340 doesn't work in July & August so that is my window to sample other lines.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Aww guys...now you have me missing that fun "pop up" piano player we used to enjoy on Harmony.  Sigh...so many things we miss.  

The Pop Up Piano guy came up to a Suite party up on deck 17 (Star Cabin) on Sail-away for 2018 President Cruise on Harmony. Fun stuff. @John&LaLa was there. A bottle of fine Wine was required to gain access. Lol

M8

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

EBay 

Oh that's right....I could buy one couldn't I?  Get to own a pin identical to the Diamond pin, but with a green piece of glass versus a clear piece of glass.  Wowowow!!  Gotta get me one!!  

Oh...in case you missed it that WAS a joke.  😉 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The Pop Up Piano guy came up to a Suite party up on deck 17 (Star Cabin) on Sail-away for 2018 President Cruise on Harmony. Fun stuff. @John&LaLa was there. A bottle of fine Wine was required to gain access. Lol

M8

I think it's funny as heck to see him stuff himself and the piano in the elevator!!  😄   

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh that's right....I could buy one couldn't I?  Get to own a pin identical to the Diamond pin, but with a green piece of glass versus a clear piece of glass.  Wowowow!!  Gotta get me one!!  

Oh...in case you missed it that WAS a joke.  😉 

Pretty expensive $2.75 or best offer. 

64EA591C-E48C-4FEE-A728-57DFB0BBA22A.png

• Thanks 1