Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They have a lot of leeway in things they can help you with. It's their job.

Maybe so, but we have never attended with the idea of getting something out of it, except for the food, wine and good conversation..

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Since this thread is more about a meal with an officer than John's poll...I wonder if the officers actually enjoy the meal or if it's just part of their job to pretend like they enjoy it.  Do they drink alcohol during the meal?  If yes, I'd guess that they are not "on duty".

I always ask the question of whether they enjoy the gathering.  Of course, they all say yes, but I think it is a sincere answer.  The air conditioning officer said it was a wonderful break and an escape from below deck where he spent most of his time.

Some drink the wine and some don't.  No idea why or why not.

• Like 1

I am a lowly GOLD right now with only 15 points.  But if we cruise in April on Liberty in JS and with the cruise we have in Oct on Allure in JS, it will put us a little bit away from Diamond.  Then we have a 4/2022 cruise booked on Allure in a JS that will put us at Diamond for sure.  What I worry is that they will change the tier level points after 2021.

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Plus do you think those 1845 views are 1845 unique members. Also can non members vote?

Way to many holes in your theory

Non members ( guest in CC terms)can not vote. I was a non member for many years.  I could read but not participate in anything.  

As for views,  I went in and out of the thread 10 times and the view count did not change. 3311 as of this writing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

So funny about Emerald level, it's so short we skipped right over it going from Platinum to Diamond on one longer cruise.  Drats...never got the Emerald pin either.  😉 

I am pretty sure you can get a LA or Concierge to get you one if you want to add it to your collection.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Those have names on them, so they may not be put up for sale.  Maybe once in a blue moon.

I've seen some gold badges that folks make for themselves.   Not Pinnacle.   Some say Pinnacle in Training. Some have the C&A logo and their name on a gold badge, the size/shape  of a pinnacle badge.  Sure it is nice to reach the  next tier  and enjoy the benefits.  But to make a fake badge, or get one on eBay won't get you benefits.   I feel sorry for those who think a loyalty tier or pretending to be a certain loyalty tier  on a  cruise ship brings meaning to life. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Views do not always update in real time

I did think of that as I noticed that after I posted, the view count jumped by 17. I assumed 10 of those were me. 🙂

On topic:  I toyed with an idea for about half a second of booking 105 nights as a solo JS. That would catapult me straight to Pinnacle.  But a few things stopped me. 1) who knows if Royal will sail for a 105 nights next year and 2) coming up with 40k. 

Pretty sure I don't want to spend 40k to have dinner with an officer.  No offense to the officers out there but for that kind of money,  I'd rather have dinner with Cindy Crawford.  😇😈

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

Nice!  Where is the piano stored when not in use?  Do it use batteries?

The Voyager and Freedom class ships used to have grands up in the card room of the VCL. That is where I used to play. Unfortunately, they are gone. I think Freedom was the last ship to have one of at least it was the last ship I sailed on that had one.

I am not the roving piano player but it is a thought for when I quit my day job.🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Maybe so, but we have never attended with the idea of getting something out of it, except for the food, wine and good conversation..

If you dined with the Captain or other high ranking officer (other than the laundry guy), would you bring up D+ not permitted in the CL?

Asking for a friend. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

I always ask the question of whether they enjoy the gathering.  Of course, they all say yes, but I think it is a sincere answer.  The air conditioning officer said it was a wonderful break and an escape from below deck where he spent most of his time.

Some drink the wine and some don't.  No idea why or why not.

Don’t you think they might say things people want to hear?  You really expect them to say they had better things to do than have dinner with you guys?

M8

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Don’t you think they might say things people want to hear?  You really expect them to say they had better things to do than have dinner with you guys?

M8

I wasn't sure where to hit the "like" or "laugh" button.🙂😆

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If you dined with the Captain or other high ranking officer (other than the laundry guy), would you bring up D+ not permitted in the CL?

Asking for a friend. 

Please tell your friend that the only ones I would raise the issue with would be the LA or the concierge.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

I believe that was implied in my quote, "Of course, they all say yes, but I think it is a sincere answer."  Could I be wrong in my assumption?  Sure.  Are you suggesting the officers are liars?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I think it's funny as heck to see him stuff himself and the piano in the elevator!!  😄   

Yes, I actually told my wife "Well there's something you don't see everyday."

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s for sure. We rode in an elevator once. Unique for sure. 

M8

Did he play while in the elevator?  Was it elevator music?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Asking for a friend. 

M8

NEVER, in my opinion.   In fact, I've had countless meals with officers, including many with the  Captain  or HD and I don't EVER recall  hearing anyone make any complaint.   Quite  the opposite, generally some nice compliments  about the cruise or even a particular staff/crew. 

Let your friend know it would be in poor taste. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1