Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Trying to gauge the amount of new Lounge Eligible cruisers that will be anointed in 2021.

And yes, I know there is no level known as Dbl Pin, I just wanted the Pinnacle members a chance to play along😉

None of the above... Starting at D+ and ending at D+. It's a long way in between.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, twangster said:

You really needed a "Does nothing for me" category to capture the true picture of what this promo means to CC users.

Data is incomplete without this. 

1845 people have viewed this thread.  68 people have voted.  So using Cruise Critic Math, 1,777 people fall in the "Does Nothing For Me" category.  You can't argue the math.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, molly361 said:

Unless I am missing something (don't care and never have accepted the meal with an officer invitation) unless it's a ship that has Coastal Kitchen there really isn't all that much advantage to being Pinnacle. Or is there other than bragging rights?

You get a nifty name tag to wear.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve never understood the obsession by some regarding the meal with an officer. 

They should be asking to eat with us. 😂

M8

Nothing against anyone who enjoys this, but this is one thing I will never participate in. If it was the Captain.. I would still pass. Maybe I am overlooking something about it that would be beneficial, but I just can't see it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Generally the boss here is on the other side of questions. I have to often ask for a Credit Card. 😇

Isn't life easy when someone takes all the guess work out of things.  There are times when I'm on the phone with the cable company or someone, and the Boss says give me the phone.  All I can do is tell the person on the other end, "This is your last chance, once I hand the phone off all I can do is pray for your sole."

Well worth the trade of being asked "Did you spend $7 at Target?" when the credit card bill comes in.

Edited by Domino D
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Isn't life easy when someone takes all the guess work out of things.  There are times when I'm on the phone with the cable company or someone, and the Boss says give me the phone.  All I can do is tell the person on the other end, "This is your last chance, once I hand the phone off all I can do is pray for your sole."

Well worth the trade of being asked "Did you spend $7 at Target?" when the credit card bill comes in.

A little bit different but I understand. 

M8

32 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Far inferior than the lunch.

It's not always about the food😉

I recall one where we were at same table with Captain and he had choice words about the merchants near Orient Beach that were disrupting traffic between ship and beach. In a nutshell he said they were punishing the cruise line passengers to try and negotiate rent increase. He was not in their corner

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Data is incomplete without this. 

1845 people have viewed this thread.  68 people have voted.  So using Cruise Critic Math, 1,777 people fall in the "Does Nothing For Me" category.  You can't argue the math.

Sure you can, you are assuming drive by posters will even take the time to fill out a 1 question survey😉

Plus do you think those 1845 views are 1845 unique members. Also can non members vote?

Way to many holes in your theory

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

None of the above... Starting at D+ and ending at D+. It's a long way in between.

Bingo! Given the cruises and points lost on 2020, I won’t be far from where I would have been anyway. I bet that is the case with a lot of folks. I’m not convinced that by the end of 2021 that there will be many more folks at any level than there was going to be anyway if they sailed in 2020. 

Much ado about nothing.......

mac_tlc

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I recall one where we were at same table with Captain and he had choice words about the merchants near Orient Beach that were disrupting traffic between ship and beach. In a nutshell he said they were punishing the cruise line passengers to try and negotiate rent increase. He was not in their corner

Not as exciting as the officer in charge of the laundry who explained how every item was folded by hand.

• Haha 4

Best thing about Pinnacle lunch is watching people arrive and get annoyed where they are sitting😉

And if you are lucky, you might see someone trying to move place cards around. 🤣🤣 

Key word is trying😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Best thing about Pinnacle lunch is watching people arrive and get annoyed where they are sitting😉

And if you are lucky, you might see someone trying to move place cards around. 🤣🤣 

Key word is trying😉

That is always fun to watch.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Key word is trying😉

Now I can't wait to get to Pinnacle.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sure you can, you are assuming drive by posters will even take the time to fill out a 1 question survey😉

Plus do you think those 1845 views are 1845 unique members. Also can non members vote?

Way to many holes in your theory

Well sure if you are going to just disregard clear logic.  So you think it's more logical that some people just pull up a thread and look at it, without taking action (like voting or posting), and that some people visit the site without creating an account or logging in.  Okay, agree to disagree. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Well sure if you are going to just disregard clear logic.  So you think it's more logical that some people just pull up a thread and look at it, without taking action (like voting or posting), and that some people visit the site without creating an account or logging in.  Okay, agree to disagree. 

I’ve probably viewed this thread at least half a dozen times reading the new posts.  I didn’t get to vote 6 times.

• Like 3

I'm currently at 27 points.  I have two remaining cruises on Royal for 2021.  They are 7 nights each.  These will push me to Emerald.  Makes me semi reconsider my choice to L&S my February 2021 cruise to March 2022.

This means I will "experience" three different status levels next year.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1