Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

We always look forward to it.  You'll be at a table for 8-10 with one or two officers.  The meal will usually include steak and perhaps lobster.  Also good wine.

You'll have the opportunity to learn about the particular job the officer has.  We're had the head of the laundry to the air conditioning officer, for example.   You can also glean a sense of the person and their family, likes and dislikes.

Bottom line - a lot of fun, good food, good company.

Totally agree.  Always one of the better lunches on the cruise...and fun conversation all around.  🙂 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Trying to gauge the amount of new Lounge Eligible cruisers that will be anointed in 2021.

And yes, I know there is no level known as Dbl Pin, I just wanted the Pinnacle members a chance to play along😉

Looks like about 10% will hit diamond.

Maybe another good question is how many of these would have hit diamond anyway?

Unless they change the rules for the DL the only extras are those hitting diamond. 

I have 2 b2b early 2022 I pushed out that would have made me hit d+, so it's just a tad earlier with only 2 2021 still booked.

It's very nice and I wish I had more booked in 2021, but seems like except for pushing about 10% to diamond a tad earlier, not many here going to see a lot of difference. I'll hit d+ 3 months sooner. Lol

If covid gets better I might still book more in 2021, even if they dont get double pts. I'm waiting on covid.

Was already just two cruises shy of turning Pinnacle before the Covid crash.  The double points won't make much difference to me.  Just make it in one week instead of two...though assuming my B2B January Freedom cruise will even be a go, we would make it in the middle instead of the end.  😉  

Have 8 legs in early 2021 booked for Serenade out of Sydney.  Don't expect those to go at all.  Would have been some heavy double points, cruising from 2/10 to 5/16/21.  😮 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Do they allow shorts and a T Shirt?  😇

Most people tend to follow the smart casual guideline.  Some men will indeed wear shorts.  Indeed, overall, women tend to me better dressed than men.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

Unless I am missing something (don't care and never have accepted the meal with an officer invitation) unless it's a ship that has Coastal Kitchen there really isn't all that much advantage to being Pinnacle. Or is there other than bragging rights?

You do get free internet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.

Loyalty 2X Points applies to new bookings made on 10‌/‌19 – 12‌/‌31‌/‌20 to Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Loyalty 2X Points provides Loyalty members 2X Crown and Anchor points on sailings departing on 1‌/‌1 – 12‌/‌31‌/‌21 ("Eligible Sailings"). Crown and Anchor points will be applied once the guest pays the booking in full and completes the sailing. When reserving, a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation.

Offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates, as well as existing bookings for Eligible Sailings made prior to Oct‌ober 1‌9, 20‌20.

Yes, just was on Royal's Fbook page(community). Royal confirmed that it's double points for any 2021 cruise that is booked up to Dec 31'20. (She said it shouldnt have said starting Oct 19'20). She confirmed that its good for cruises that were booked before the pandemic started. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

We're not either. We have a final payment coming up in late December for a late March Harmony cruise that we're holding off on until the last minute. If ships are cruising by December, the cruise lines demonstrate that they can cruise safely, and there's viable vaccine/theraputics available, we might take a chance on the March cruise. But quite honestly, our May Allure cruise will probably be the first one we actually take in 2021.😵

Which week in May? We just added May 30

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Once again, I got a lump of coal from this promo.  

Oh how I could have used it in 2019...

You really needed a "Does nothing for me" category to capture the true picture of what this promo means to CC users.

Truly sorry I failed you all.🤣🤣

John, who isn't surprised on the number of Monday morning quarterbacks😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I must have missed the memo. Some recent meals have included Tisdale wine. 

m

We had one of those on Harmony last year. 

LA was so embarrassed,  he sent a bottle of Belle Glos to the cabin🍷

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I must have missed the memo. Some recent meals have included Tisdale wine. 

m

I remember that our last few as 340+ Diamond +  were showing a down scaling of the menus.  As Pinnacle they were more consistent.  

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Had three cruises last year alone that had two sea days at the end, they were on Anthem and Serenade.  Have never sailed Grandeur or anything else in that class.

Both were longer than a week I'm guessing.

5 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Assuming our April 2021 cruise happens we will have had about 160 points not earned from cancelled or shifted cruises.

For the period of 4/21 to 12/21, with double points,  we will gain 188 points.  Already being Pinnacle, not much difference for us. 

This whole situation has really messed up my scheduling of what ship to be on to get the blocks I need...   

I feel your pain.  I was on a block cruise in March when everything came to a stop.  I was on that March cruise because I needed the block.  I feel very lucky to have gotten that Majesty block.