Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

It's almost always lunch on the last sea day in my experience 

Often yes, so we decline, unless we are on B2B.  Then we decline the  second week.   For a few itineraries that have had 2 sea days at the end, the lunch was scheduled for first of the two final days.    That is perfect for us.

M

15 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Sorry - didn't mean to be so aggressive.  For some reason this is a sore spot for me.  To me, it is so  stupid when people make up categories and  call themselves double Pinnace, Diamond ++ or whatever.   I sort of feel sorry for them.   I guess they have a need to feel important.

M

No worries, that’s why I just said unnamed. I’m with you on people trying to name them. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think everyone here knows exactly what I meant.  There are two different milestones in which you can accrue additional perks which does make them an unnamed level.  

That solo supplement perk is the biggest of the bunch in my opinion 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Guess you meant make.  It is really hard for those of us  who don't  live in a port city.  Travel time, hotel costs, airfare etc. add a good bit to the  cruise fare.  

We had over 500 pts before moving to the Beach🏖 as I recall

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Unless I am missing something (don't care and never have accepted the meal with an officer invitation) unless it's a ship that has Coastal Kitchen there really isn't all that much advantage to being Pinnacle. Or is there other than bragging rights?

And you wonder why a family ship is so popular with Pinnacles😉

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Sorry - didn't mean to be so aggressive.  For some reason this is a sore spot for me.  To me, it is so  stupid when people make up categories and  call themselves double Pinnace, Diamond ++ or whatever.   I sort of feel sorry for them.   I guess they have a need to feel important.

M

Like I said, I included the dbl to give Pinnacle members a way to play along.

And who knows, 1400 may be the new 700😉

There was a lot of discussion about that a couple years ago as Oasis CK/SL got more and more overwhelmed 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Often yes, so we decline, unless we are on B2B.  Then we decline the  second week.   For a few itineraries that have had 2 sea days at the end, the lunch was scheduled for first of the two final days.    That is perfect for us.

M

Haven’t seen that many 2 at the end lately. I did like those. Very relaxing end. 

I prefer it on 1st sea day because you often meet new people. But that almost never happens

We have 101 days booked in 2021, all in suites.  We have 14 suite-days booked in December but I don't expect those to sail.  Of course, I realize that some or all of the 2021 sailings might not happen, either.  We just have to move forward and hope for the best !

IF they all sail (doubtful), we would make P on our May Serenade Alaska trip.  If not then, my hope is that we achieve P before our Ovation NZ/TP in April 2022.  We're only in a JS on those cruises and while I understand that P amenities can be adjusted on the long cruises, it will still be nice to be "in the club".

• Like 3

Double points in 2021 will get us back to where we would have been if 2020 hadn't been trashed. Based on our current cruising patterns (providing ships actually start sailing again soon), that will get us to Pinnacle in late 2021/early 2022.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm not counting any pre April

We're not either. We have a final payment coming up in late December for a late March Harmony cruise that we're holding off on until the last minute. If ships are cruising by December, the cruise lines demonstrate that they can cruise safely, and there's viable vaccine/theraputics available, we might take a chance on the March cruise. But quite honestly, our May Allure cruise will probably be the first one we actually take in 2021.😵

• Like 2

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Can you add a choice for too far from the next level to get there? (aka On the long road between D+ and P)   If you are D+ between 175-600 points or so it's a pretty lofty goal even solo at 4 or 6 points per night to reach Pinnacle

I'm in the category of "too far from the next level to get there" anytime soon, so I can not vote. This is an interesting thread because I think it shows "the amount of new Lounge Eligible cruisers" is not as big of a problem as feared. Going from D to D+ is easier, but will not change your lounge eligibility. I think the problem comes in for the diamond lounge because it's too easy to get 80 points. I've never been in the SL, so if it's already overcrowded with Suite Guests and Pinnacle members that may be a problem. If people are determined to get to the next level, this will only speed it up by a year or so and they have probably been working on it for awhile now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Can you add a choice for too far from the next level to get there? (aka On the long road between D+ and P)   If you are D+ between 175-600 points or so it's a pretty lofty goal even solo at 4 or 6 points per night to reach Pinnacle

Yep

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Unless I am missing something (don't care and never have accepted the meal with an officer invitation) unless it's a ship that has Coastal Kitchen there really isn't all that much advantage to being Pinnacle. Or is there other than bragging rights?

I’ve never understood the obsession by some regarding the meal with an officer. 

They should be asking to eat with us. 😂

M8

• Like 3
  • Haha 4