Poll, Booked 2021 winter cruises

Poll; Final payments for Winter 2021 cruises.  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What are your plans for your booked Winter 2021 cruise?

• Make final payment and hope the cruise goes on as planned
    • Make final payment in hopes cruise is cancelled and take full refund
    • Make final payment and take 125% FCC if cruise is cancelled
    • Lift and Switch
    • Make final payment and if cruise goes on choose closer to the date whether to cancel and take FCC
    • Cancel now and take refund on deposit
    • Other

41 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Below are the otpions you gave. I'm curious how many of these options apply to my booked cruise. I'm not overly confident the cruise will happen. Looking for some help from the experts to tell me what my options will be come final payment time in another month. Here are the details of my cruise. Feb 28th - March 7th Liberty, out of Galveston. We have paid the $500 NRD but no other money.

• Lift and Switch
  • Make final payment and if cruise goes on choose closer to the date whether to cancel and take FCC
  • Other

Hard to tell if your cruise will be a go so it all comes down to if it is a go do you want to be onboard with all the precautions that will be in place including mask use on the pool deck. My opinion is that you have nothing to lose with doing a Lift and Switch to 2022 and deciding next December if you want to follow through or use the CWC.and cancel. 

Made final payment for Anthem 26 Jan 2021.  My vote of confidence that science will prevail.  If CDC isn't cooperative, I'll take a 125% FCC and apply it to my Anthem 31 Jan 2022, then next year apply the remaining FCC to a Jan 2023 cruise.  Yes, I know I am potentially giving RCI an interest free four year loan.  That's the commitment behind my vote of confidence.

I’m a bit out of your time frame, since my B2B leaves Singapore on Apr 25, 2021, but I still voted to make final payment and go. Even if they cancel the first leg from Singapore to Yokohama and keep the TP to Seattle, I will stick with it. I’m still bound and determined to get a TP that ends in Seattle (home). Last time I tried on Explorer, Royal cancelled it, and it could just happen a second time.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Below are the otpions you gave. I'm curious how many of these options apply to my booked cruise. I'm not overly confident the cruise will happen. Looking for some help from the experts to tell me what my options will be come final payment time in another month. Here are the details of my cruise. Feb 28th - March 7th Liberty, out of Galveston. We have paid the $500 NRD but no other money.

• Lift and Switch
  • Other

With a NRD you could do any of these options except the “cancel now and take a refund on deposit”

instead you could cancel now and get a FCC for your deposit in addition to listed options. 

6 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I don't know about you but I'm going to really miss my winter getaway this year.....We're on Odyssey Feb 6, 2022. 

I'm betting that the Sept 2021 cruise will be a safe go. 

100%! Definitely going to be a tough , long winter pill to swallow! We are near the time where it would really be countdown to the holidays and then cruising! Argh. But that only means we will be closer to 2021 hopeful medical advances and cruise safety to and opening those borders 😉 Even more to look forward to with Odyssey- are you on the southern route? Looks incredible.  

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Did you book a good rate and do you already have a early 2022 cruise? If so lift and shift.

Imo rates seem to be going up as more cruises get cancelled and more have fccs to use.

Double pts and using cwc is a option, but I'd bet you will have to pay a lot more.

Cwc and lift and shift might end nov 30th, so waiting closer to sail date might remove lift and shift as a option. Could be extended but I'd be afraid to chance it. Anything you book after nov 30th, might also lose deposit if cwc goes away. Right now lifting and shifting your deposit is safe... or moving it with cwc, but then it's not price protected.

I was booked same date on liberty b2b and lifted and shifted, but I'm probably older than you. I didnt feel safe if it goes in February.

We got a great rate (IMHO)! We've got corner aft 7708. We originally booked the corner aft on Jewel. RCI cancelled Jewel and moved us to Liberty. The gave us the (more expensive) corner aft on Liberty for the same price we paid on Jewel. We've got it for $1400. The current rate is $2953. We have nothing booked for 2022 yet. 

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We got a great rate (IMHO)! We've got corner aft 7708. We originally booked the corner aft on Jewel. RCI cancelled Jewel and moved us to Liberty. The gave us the (more expensive) corner aft on Liberty for the same price we paid on Jewel. We've got it for $1400. The current rate is $2953. We have nothing booked for 2022 yet. 

I got the corner aft deck 9, solo. I heard the afts deck 7 have even bigger balconys, but need 3 to book usually. Mine is a tad less but maybe same category but solo rate. I moved from feb 28, to last 2 dates in march now. We might run into each other. 

You can wait and hope to get cancelled and see if you can get refunded or keep the rate. Only problem might be lack of D4s left? D2 and D6 seems more common. Maybe see if any afts left, but idk, I wanted one. I think they go fast. I'd hate to lose that bigger aft balcony on deck 7. You could do mock booking and maybe see if any 2022 liberty have afts left. 

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

I would actually consider my Oct 2021 cruise kinda winter....and hoping it sails for Canada/New England.

We also are booked for Oct. 2021...Montreal to San Juan.  One year today we will hopefully be somewhere between Florida  and Haiti. I don't suppose it is winter there but right now where I live it is 22 so that is winter.

Edited by New Mexico 8
i wasn't through will my posting.

10 hours ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

100%! Definitely going to be a tough , long winter pill to swallow! We are near the time where it would really be countdown to the holidays and then cruising! Argh. But that only means we will be closer to 2021 hopeful medical advances and cruise safety to and opening those borders 😉 Even more to look forward to with Odyssey- are you on the southern route? Looks incredible.  

Bumper cars on a cruise ship....who knew?? haha. We're on the western route and going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and CocoCay. We have over a year to decide whether to bring our daughters to see the turtle sanctuary or the beach in Grand Cayman, last time we were there before kids we enjoyed some turtle burgers......that may traumatize them haha. 

I would have fallen solidly into the ‘take the 125% credit’ camp had RCI not changed the ship AND itinerary on the 2021 cruise we intended to use It on.  Now we’ll just hope this December’s cruise is cancelled and take the refund. 

Edited by NthernLgts

I have two cruises booked, one in January and one in February, that I booked over a year ago. The January cruise is already paid for and I will pay the balance due on the February cruise in the near future. I hope both cruises sail but I am prepared for both cruises to be cancelled. After having 5 cruises cancelled this year, all which were booked way before this pandemic, it has gotten to the point that I anticipate/expect upcoming cruises to be cancelled as well. 

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

With a NRD you could do any of these options except the “cancel now and take a refund on deposit”

instead you could cancel now and get a FCC for your deposit in addition to listed options. 

We did this for our 31 Jan cruise.  Wasn't a choice in your poll.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

"Other"

Thx.  Interesting...I didn't even see other as an option when I looked at the choices.  I find myself making mistakes a lot by just quickly skimming through things that I read.  Bad habit developed while working.  That or just getting older.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thx.  Interesting...I didn't even see other as an option when I looked at the choices.  I find myself making mistakes a lot by just quickly skimming through things that I read.  Bad habit developed while working.  That or just getting older.

That's ok, I keep writing 2021 when I mean 2022......just seems so far away. 

44 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We have one booked for Feb 2021 and we'll go if it's not one of the first sailings but we won't be upset if it's cancelled . I will be devastated if our Dec 2021 is cancelled.

I fully believe that your December 2021 cruise will be good to go. Question about your Feb 2021 cruise, if it is a go and masks are mandatory onboard (pool deck specifically) will you go on it? 

51 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I fully believe that your December 2021 cruise will be good to go. Question about your Feb 2021 cruise, if it is a go and masks are mandatory onboard (pool deck specifically) will you go on it? 

Yes. I never sit out in the sun so that won't matter and it's only a 4 day so my husband doesn't care. We have a pool in our backyard. My concern is quarantine. If they can't guarantee that we can get off the ship and quarantine at home if we are exposed then we will cancel.

6 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Bumper cars on a cruise ship....who knew?? haha. We're on the western route and going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and CocoCay. We have over a year to decide whether to bring our daughters to see the turtle sanctuary or the beach in Grand Cayman, last time we were there before kids we enjoyed some turtle burgers......that may traumatize them haha. 

Right?! too early to countdown? 😉 Those are amazing ports! HAHA if Turtle burgers don't fly you could attempt Stingray city!

And don't miss the Snack Shack at CocoCay.... Funnel Cakes there could give Wonderland a run for their money! 

• Thanks 1

I would L&S my Jan Oasis cruise but couldn't since it is a 7 nighter and Jan 2022 I want an 8 nighter so I cancelled and I am waiting for my refundable deposit to be returned. There is no way that I was going to pay off the cruise then take an FCC. There is also no way I would risk taking the cruise if it actually occurs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would L&S my Jan Oasis cruise but couldn't since it is a 7 nighter and Jan 2022 I want an 8 nighter so I cancelled and I am waiting for my refundable deposit to be returned. There no way that I was going to pay off the cruise then take an FCC. There is also no way I would risk taking the cruise if it actually occurs.

That was our feeling exactly. We had an NRD so weren't losing anything doing a L&S. We were actually considering just cancelling and losing our deposit but now we have another year to decide. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 7:30 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

We have over a year to decide whether to bring our daughters to see the turtle sanctuary or the beach in Grand Cayman, last time we were there before kids we enjoyed some turtle burgers......that may traumatize them haha. 

Yes, and the turtle farm is where they are raised.

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes, and the turtle farm is where they are raised.

I really enjoyed the Turtle Farm. It was quite interesting and they even had a tank with turtles that you could pick up and hold. We haven't been there in quite a few years now.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really enjoyed the Turtle Farm. It was quite interesting and they even had a tank with turtles that you could pick up and hold. We haven't been there in quite a few years now.

The best thing we heard about the turtle farm was when a hurricane came through and resulted in the turtles escaping into the sea to gain their freedom from becoming someone's lunch.