Nothing until March?

bouhunter

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot understand why there are people in the stadium in Texas watching baseball,not wearing masks,not socially distancing and eating food.

I' can't understand the large gatherings under the same conditions going on in Williamsburg Brooklyn, Five Towns Long Island and Rego Park Queens.  They had to add new restrictions to these hot zones.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I' can't understand the large gatherings under the same conditions going on in Williamsburg Brooklyn, Five Towns Long Island and Rego Park Queens.  They had to add new restrictions to these hot zones.  

Can't wait for New Year's Eve in Times Square

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot understand why there are people in the stadium in Texas watching baseball,not wearing masks,not socially distancing and eating food.

I dont see the pictures you are speaking of. I know very limited capacity was only allowed. Maybe the folks they caught on camera came together idk, but our stadiums barely open here in dallas. In fact they are offering stadium food delivered to your home on game days here. We are far from wide open.

While masks are required in dallas, we can take them off to eat and drink, like sitting in the stadium. We had one of the lower capacity allowed here from the figures I've seen. Many local HS games have cancelled due to covid as well as college games. 

El paso is a huge problem down on the border. Most of those with positive cases are under age 40. The mayor broke it down by activities, so many ate in restaurants etc. ...... 27% admitted to travelling to Mexico. And people are back and forth daily at the border. They have asked people to stay home 2 weeks, $250 penalty if caught without a mask, and a curfew. The question I have is about mexico. My cruise goes to mexico. Not a lower capacity game. 

33 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

My wife and I were invited to a wedding in Cedarhurst this past August.Invitees were given the choice of coming to the party or watching on Zoom.We opted to watch from our living room.There were 150 people at the catering all,nearly everyone we could see was not wearing a mask nor were they socially distancing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont see the pictures you are speaking of. I know very limited capacity was only allowed. Maybe the folks they caught on camera came together idk, but our stadiums barely open here in dallas. In fact they are offering stadium food delivered to your home on game days here. We are far from wide open.

While masks are required in dallas, we can take them off to eat and drink, like sitting in the stadium. We had one of the lower capacity allowed here from the figures I've seen. Many local HS games have cancelled due to covid as well as college games. 

El paso is a huge problem down on the border. Most of those with positive cases are under age 40. The mayor broke it down by activities, so many ate in restaurants etc. ...... 27% admitted to travelling to Mexico. And people are back and forth daily at the border. They have asked people to stay home 2 weeks, $250 penalty if caught without a mask, and a curfew. The question I have is about mexico. My cruise goes to mexico. Not a lower capacity game. 

I am watching the games every night .There appear to be hundreds of people there ,most of whom are not wearing masks.In addition the baseball players are on camera sitting side by side in the dugouts with only a few wearing masks. Others are on camera spitting saliva ,a supposed no no.They are touching hands after a player hits a home run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am watching the games every night .There appear to be hundreds of people there ,most of whom are not wearing masks.In addition the baseball players are on camera sitting side by side in the dugouts with only a few wearing masks. Others are on camera spitting saliva ,a supposed no no.They are touching hands after a player hits a home run.

Since you dont even appear to know who is playing idk? I've heard of some dallas players getting fined, but houston also has professional teams. Dallas has a mask mandate for those on the sidelines and has levied fines. Idk about houston, and you keep saying texas without naming tems so who knows? As if texas only has one team...

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Since you dont even appear to know who is playing idk? I've heard of some dallas players getting fined, but houston also has professional teams. Dallas has a mask mandate for those on the sidelines and has levied fines. Idk about houston, and you keep saying texas without naming tems so who knows? As if texas only has one team...

Probably referring to World Series,  so it's Houston

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Pretty sure they are talking about the World Series in Arlington

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

they are allowing 11,500 fans in attendance.  The players have been quarantined in a bubble format (since arriving in Arlington), so high fives and foregoing masks amongst themselves is not a big deal (just like basketball and football players all having a lot of physical contact)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I am referring to the Dodgers and Tampa Bay

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

they are allowing 11,500 fans in attendance.  The players have been quarantined in a bubble format (since arriving in Arlington), so high fives and foregoing masks amongst themselves is not a big deal (just like basketball and football players all having a lot of physical contact)

However,there are fans in the stands.

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

However,there are fans in the stands.

Of course, and there are about 25,000 at the Cowboys games next door each week.  I haven't heard of any one having a positive test and tracing back to these locations (I live here and it would be all over the news if they were able to track someone back to one of these gatherings, lots of politics between state government and local leaders on this particular subject)

In addition the bars and restaurants are open in most counties in this area as well

There you go, Its Texas, thats what they do....

As the coronavirus pandemic rages across the country, Major League Baseball has decided to let more fans watch the playoffs live.

The league will make 11,500 tickets available for each game of the National League Championship Series and the World Series, it announced Wednesday. Both series will be held at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Tex., home of the Texas Rangers.

MLB said it has received “all the appropriate approvals” in order to allow fans in the stadium, which will include up to 10,550 fans spread throughout the ballpark and 950 in Globe Life Field suites.

Mask wearing is mandatory except when eating or drinking, and the league will instill some social distancing measures — people will be separated six feet from each other and 20 feet away from the field, dugouts and bullpens — during the games. Also, hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the park.

55 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife and I were invited to a wedding in Cedarhurst this past August.Invitees were given the choice of coming to the party or watching on Zoom.We opted to watch from our living room.There were 150 people at the catering all,nearly everyone we could see was not wearing a mask nor were they socially distancing.

My oldest son and daughter in law had postponed their wedding and reception from May until this past weekend.  They went ahead in May and got married in his living room with 9 total people there.  Her sister was her matron of honor and my youngest son was his brother's best man.  Her parents, my DH and myself, their pastor completed the 9 people attending. At the time the max number of people allowed to gather in No VA was 10.  My youngest son's wife, the matron of honor's husband, and my new DIL's 2 brothers who live in the states couldn't come (oldest brother is an airline pilot in the Philippines).  Her niece and nephew also weren't there, nor were my parents or my DH's mother.  It was live streamed and recorded but not what they originally planned.  So, they rescheduled the vow renewal and reception for Oct 25.  But on the 22nd (last Thur) they decided to cancel because they were more concerned about everyone's safety.  So, they cancelled the event for 75 people (originally 175) and lost all their money.  We had given them about 1/3 of the amount and they came up with almost all the rest because her family doesn't have much, but we don't care that it was "lost". The plan was for mask wearing, even though the venue doesn't require it.  The wedding was going to be outside, but the reception inside.  The venue had bought air filtration systems to use for indoor events.    Supposedly all the food that was purchased for the reception will be donated by the venue.  The problem with wedding venues is once you pay them something, they get to keep it which is why a lot of people go through with it. 

• Like 1