Ship movements thread

FreestyleNovice

On 4/24/2021 at 5:43 PM, bluesea777 said:

ESCAPE left Civitavecchia less than an hour ago and is heading to .... Rotterdam !!! ETA is May 1.

Here is a picture I took from our new abode of the line-up of 8 J50s for the SailGP that is taking place here in Bermuda. They are very fast boats - faster than the AC75 (America's Cup) that were here 2 years ago.

When cruising resumes we'll begin to see the cruise ships from our house across the Great Sound to the Dockyard.

SailGP Bermuda line up April 23 2021.JPG

Left to right: GBR, ESP, AUS, JPN, FRA, USA, DEN, NZL.

Escape maby go into drydock?

For future reference, the additional suspended sailings:

Ship - Suspended Through
Pride of America - July 31, 2021
Norwegian Bliss - July 31, 2021
Norwegian Sky - August 30, 2021
Norwegian Star - September 23, 2021
Norwegian Spirit - September 24, 2021
Norwegian Dawn - September 26, 2021
Norwegian Sun - October 7, 2021
Norwegian Escape - October 10, 2021
Norwegian Breakaway - October 17, 2021
Norwegian Encore - October 28, 2021
Norwegian Pearl - November 7, 2021
Norwegian Jewel - November 13, 2021

It might be interesting to see if Escape will stick around in Europe after her dry dock at the end of May. Besides a Baltic and a relocation to the Med and a November transatlantic there's not much to stay around for.

4 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Escape maby go into drydock?

3 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Yep, a 3 week dry dock.

I see, but Rotterdam of all places that NCL uses/have used for drydocking the NCL ships, namely Portland, Brest, Marseille, etc.

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

I see, but Rotterdam of all places that NCL uses/have used for drydocking the NCL ships, namely Portland, Brest, Marseille, etc.

Rotterdam was also used by RCCL for Allure, it's a supply and demand thing I guess that holds up for the extra mileage/ship movements. :classic_smile: Besides cruise ships there are of course lots of merchant ships that use dry docks. Royal won't be coming back to Rotterdam though.. https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2018/05/articles/crew-member-rights/royal-caribbean-boycotts-rotterdam-shipyard-after-€1000000-fine/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Taking this back to Page 1 with this titbit ...

Jewel arrived and docked in Miami this morning - the first NCL ship to do so - hopefully to have the crew vaccinated. Will be interesting to see where she will go next.

Encore still in Singapore anchorage with dozens other ships.

Stay well, stay safe. Bermuda is up to 45% fully vaccinated (over 16 years old). Also Bermuda is waiting for approval from the UK before they can start administering the vaccine to the 12-15 years olds. Pfizer (from the UK) mainly being used here.

We are nearing the end of the 3rd (and worst) wave now. Active cases now number less than 200 - down from over 900 at beginning of April. That was when the complete lockdown began for 3 weeks with 8pm (yeah early) to 6am curfew. This curfew WORKED! And daily new active cases dropped from over 100 to single-digit.

Non-vaccinated travellers (locals and visitors) coming into Bermuda on & after June 6th are subjected to be put into Gov't controlled hotel quarantine for 14 days at the travellers' own expense. Three hotels have been selected. The Carifta Games, to be held here in Bermuda this summer has been cancelled because of this. Lots of athletes are under 16.

Bermuda is working hard to keep to new variants out - India is in a really bad state at the moment.

• Like 4

JEWEL is still docked in Miami.

ENCORE has left Singapore anchorage, popped in near Singapore Changi Airport for a bit and is now enroute to Jakarta Indonesia with May 20 as ETA.

Bermuda is now 50% fully immunized. The Gov't has put up several mobile vaccination centres all over the island for people who are unable to drive far to the main vaccination centres previously. The schools/college are back in session therefore the biggest vaccination centre at Bermuda College is no longer.

Bermuda is supposed to receive the first post-covid cruise ship on Sunday May 23 as Viking Orion pops into Hamilton Bermuda from Gibraltar to homeport here for the summer. First cruise is on June 15th.

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SUN left Mazatlan 2 days ago and is heading to Panama with ETA of May 26. 

Interesting ...

Encore is now back in Singapore anchorage.

Spirit left Brindisi a few days ago, went to Augusta Sicily, and is now heading to join Jade in Bar Montenegro.

Jewel is still holed up in Miami - since May 14.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

SUN left Mazatlan 2 days ago and is heading to Panama with ETA of May 26. 

Interesting ...

With the hard time Japan is having with the new peak in Covid-19 cases I guess NCL does not see a Oct/Nov/Dec Japan season happening. Sun had/has an Asia season in 2022 too before repositioning to Seattle at the end of April.

Positioning the Sun at entrance of the Panama canal as a relative quick back up ship (for the best and worst case scenarios in the Caribbean) perhaps? Just a wild guess.. 

• Like 1

Norwegian Bliss; at anchor, Portland, UK (English Channel)
Norwegian Breakaway; moored, La Seyne sur Mer/Toulon, FR. Suspended through October 17, 2021
Norwegian Dawn; at anchor, Augusta, IT. Suspended through September 26, 2021
Norwegian Encore; at anchor/holding outside Singapore, Sinagpore Eastern OPL (= outside port limits, to avoid port charges and pilotage fees). Suspended through October 28, 2021
Norwegian Epic; moored, Civitavecchia (Rome), IT

Norwegian Escape; at anchor, Portland, UK (English Channel). Suspended through November 2, 2021
Norwegian Gem; moored, Oranjestad, Aruba
Norwegian Getaway; moored, Marseille, FR
Norwegian Jade; left Bar, Montenegro and is heading to Piraeus, Athens, GR
Norwegian Jewel; moored, PoM, Miami, USA. Suspended through January 9, 2022
Norwegian Joy; moored, Oranjestad, Aruba. Suspended through October 9, 2021

Norwegian Pearl; moored, Willemstad, Curacao: Suspended through December 7, 2021
Norwegian Sky; moored, Oranjestad, Aruba. Suspended through August 30, 2021
Norwegian Spirit; moored, Bar, Montenegro. Suspended through January 28, 2022
Norwegian Star; moored, Genova, IT. Suspended through September 23, 2021
Norwegian Sun; at anchor, Panama anchorage Pacific (south of Panama Canal). Suspended through January 18, 2022
Pride of America: underway to Astoria, Oregon, USA. Suspended through October 31, 2021

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Revised the list, I added the launch dates from NCL. Things seem to be getting serious so we now can really check up on their current location. The only odd thing is.. Gem was supposed to return to sail in the Med this summer too right? I highlighted the ships in bold text which launch first but she's not being mentioned a lot.. and is also left out on a grand total list on the NCL website. :classic_huh:

First Sail Date: August 7, 2021 from Seattle, USA

Norwegian Breakaway; moored, La Seyne sur Mer/Toulon, FR. 
Suspended through October 17, 2021
First available sail date: October 24, 2021, Bermuda cruises departing from New York.

Norwegian Dawn; from Italy underway in the Med to Marseille, FR, currently crossing Corsica/Sardinia. 

Suspended through September 26, 2021

First available sail date: October 3, 2021, Greek Isles cruises departing from Venice, Italy.

Norwegian Encore; at anchor/holding outside Singapore, Singapore Eastern OPL.
Suspended through October 28, 2021
First available sail date: November 14, 2021, Eastern Caribbean cruises departing from Miami, Florida.

First Sail Date: September 5, 2021 from Barcelona, Med cruises (with 2nd embarkation in Rome)

Norwegian Escape; at anchor, Portland, UK (English Channel). 
Suspended through November 2, 2021
First available sail date: November 20, 2021, Europe cruises departing from London (Southampton), England.

?
First available sail date: ?

First Sail Date: September 13, 2021 from Rome, IT, Med & Greek isles

Norwegian Jade; moored, Piraeus, Athens, GR
First Sail Date: July 25, 2021 from Athens, GR, Greek isles

Norwegian Jewel; moored, PoM, Miami, USA. 

Suspended through January 9, 2022
First available sail date: January 20, 2022, Panama Canal cruises departing from Panama City (Colon), Panama.

Norwegian Joy; moored, Oranjestad, Aruba.

Suspended through October 9, 2021
First available sail date: October 19, 2021, Caribbean cruises departing from Miami, Florida.

Norwegian Pearl; moored, Willemstad, Curacao: 

Suspended through December 7, 2021

First available sail date: December 23, 2021, Panama Canal cruises departing from Miami, Florida.

Norwegian Sky; moored, Oranjestad, Aruba. 

Suspended through August 30, 2021

First available sail date: September 5, 2021, Caribbean cruises departing from Miami, Florida.

Norwegian Spirit; moored, Bar, Montenegro. 

Suspended through January 28, 2022

First available sail date: February 9, 2022, Australia & New Zealand cruises departing from Sydney, Australia.

Norwegian Star; moored, Genova, IT. 

Suspended through September 23, 2021

First available sail date: October 3, 2021, Europe cruises departing from London (Southampton), England.

Norwegian Sun; at anchor, Panama anchorage Pacific (south of Panama Canal). 

Suspended through January 18, 2022

First available sail date: January 28, 2022, Asia cruises departing from Hong Kong & More.

Pride of America: underway to Astoria, Oregon, USA. 

Suspended through October 31, 2021

First available sail date: November 6, 2021, Hawaii cruises departing from Honolulu, Hawaii.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Revised the list, I added the launch dates from NCL. Things seem to be getting serious so we now can really check up on their current location. The only odd thing is.. Gem was supposed to return to sail in the Med this summer too right? I highlighted the ships in bold text which launch first but she's not being mentioned a lot.. and is also left out on a grand total list on the NCL website. :classic_huh:

Norwegian Breakaway; moored, La Seyne sur Mer/Toulon, FR. 
Suspended through October 17, 2021
First available sail date: October 24, 2021, Bermuda cruises departing from New York.

Norwegian Dawn; from Italy underway in the Med to Marseille, FR, currently crossing Corsica/Sardinia. 

Suspended through September 26, 2021

First available sail date: October 3, 2021, Greek Isles cruises departing from Venice, Italy.

Norwegian Encore; at anchor/holding outside Singapore, Singapore Eastern OPL.
Suspended through October 28, 2021
First available sail date: November 14, 2021, Eastern Caribbean cruises departing from Miami, Florida.

First Sail Date: September 5, 2021 from Barcelona, Med cruises (with 2nd embarkation in Rome)

Norwegian Escape; at anchor, Portland, UK (English Channel). 
Suspended through November 2, 2021
First available sail date: November 20, 2021, Europe cruises departing from London (Southampton), England.

?
First available sail date: ?

First Sail Date: September 13, 2021 from Rome, IT, Med & Greek isles

Norwegian Jade; moored, Piraeus, Athens, GR
First Sail Date: July 25, 2021 from Athens, GR, Greek isles

Norwegian Jewel; moored, PoM, Miami, USA. 

Suspended through January 9, 2022
First available sail date: January 20, 2022, Panama Canal cruises departing from Panama City (Colon), Panama.

Norwegian Joy; moored, Oranjestad, Aruba.

Suspended through October 9, 2021
First available sail date: October 19, 2021, Caribbean cruises departing from Miami, Florida.

Norwegian Pearl; moored, Willemstad, Curacao: 

Suspended through December 7, 2021

First available sail date: December 23, 2021, Panama Canal cruises departing from Miami, Florida.

Norwegian Sky; moored, Oranjestad, Aruba. 

Suspended through August 30, 2021

First available sail date: September 5, 2021, Caribbean cruises departing from Miami, Florida.

Norwegian Spirit; moored, Bar, Montenegro. 

Suspended through January 28, 2022

First available sail date: February 9, 2022, Australia & New Zealand cruises departing from Sydney, Australia.

Norwegian Star; moored, Genova, IT. 

Suspended through September 23, 2021

First available sail date: October 3, 2021, Europe cruises departing from London (Southampton), England.

Norwegian Sun; at anchor, Panama anchorage Pacific (south of Panama Canal). 

Suspended through January 18, 2022

First available sail date: January 28, 2022, Asia cruises departing from Hong Kong & More.

Pride of America: underway to Astoria, Oregon, USA. 

Suspended through October 31, 2021

First available sail date: November 6, 2021, Hawaii cruises departing from Honolulu, Hawaii.

Gem was supposed to sail out of the DR to the Southern Caribbean starting in August, but that has now been cancelled. It was not part of the round of cancelations on Wednesday. Passengers booked on the Gem had their reservations put on hold Thursday evening and got their cancellation letters on Friday.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Any idea when Bliss starts making a move? Time is running short for the Bliss to be in Seattle by August 7th which is just over 2 months away!!

• cross the pond (9-10 days approx)
  • meet up with other NCL ships to transfer crew over (? days)
  • have the crew vaccinated (WHERE & WHEN ??) - they need at least 5 weeks if Pfizer is used
  • cross the Panama Canal 
  • travel up the Pacific Coast to Seattle

NCL - please come clean!!! When is Bliss moving??

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 11:27 AM, bluesea777 said:

Any idea when Bliss starts making a move? Time is running short for the Bliss to be in Seattle by August 7th which is just over 2 months away!!

• have the crew vaccinated (WHERE & WHEN ??) - they need at least 5 weeks if Pfizer is used
  • cross the Panama Canal 

Until I read this I thought for sure the Bliss is happening in Alaska. Got a sailing on Aug 28th and now a bit concerned.  Maybe I'll look at refundable hotel rates for pre-cruise night.

Though as typing this, thought I remembered reading that the Gem and Joy were cancelled to redeploy the crews to other ships, like the Bliss.  If those ships were set for July then maybe they already got the vaccine.  I don't know.

Crews probably has to do a quarantine too.  Hmmm, the ship will be sprinting.

I think it could still be a go for Bliss. I would imagine Joy and Gem crews were already vaccinated. If so, Bliss could come across to the Caribbean to pick up crew and then on to Alaska. At least I am hopeful that this might be the case. 😉

On 5/31/2021 at 6:13 PM, robcolem said:

Until I read this I thought for sure the Bliss is happening in Alaska. Got a sailing on Aug 28th and now a bit concerned.  Maybe I'll look at refundable hotel rates for pre-cruise night.

Though as typing this, thought I remembered reading that the Gem and Joy were cancelled to redeploy the crews to other ships, like the Bliss.  If those ships were set for July then maybe they already got the vaccine.  I don't know.

Crews probably has to do a quarantine too.  Hmmm, the ship will be sprinting.

How are they planning to do Alaska sailings this year?  Did I miss something, since I can't see my country (Canada) allowing any cruises this calendar year, so unless the US changes its own laws, you won't see any New England/Canada, Alaska or Canada/Hawaii cruises this year.

2 minutes ago, dolfan1980 said:

How are they planning to do Alaska sailings this year?  Did I miss something, since I can't see my country (Canada) allowing any cruises this calendar year, so unless the US changes its own laws, you won't see any New England/Canada, Alaska or Canada/Hawaii cruises this year.

US temporarily suspended the laws until Feb 2022 about stopping in a foreign port of call. 

I saw some other topic where it could actually be the Encore doing Alaska sailings from Seattle, not the Bliss

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 3:54 PM, SSFun said:

I think it could still be a go for Bliss. I would imagine Joy and Gem crews were already vaccinated. If so, Bliss could come across to the Caribbean to pick up crew and then on to Alaska. At least I am hopeful that this might be the case. 😉

When and where did they get vaccinated? NCL has been keeping mum about their crew being vaccinated ... 

NCL - please come clean and tell us about that!!

On 5/30/2021 at 6:27 PM, bluesea777 said:

• cross the Panama Canal 

You saw it coming. And @mianmike did some excellent research. :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1