Double points

juncos

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Umm...let me get this straight....   1 +1 is ....umm...2!!  😉  Do I get the gold star now??!!  😄 

IMO NO gold star 😭 as you missed the concept of adding extra points (used previously for suite and/or solo bonuses) versus actual double points which this new 2021 bonus is apparently (we’ll see what happens when there are actual points added for sailing). The previous solo or suite bonus was 1 + 1 = 2; this 2021 double points is actually 1 x 2 = 2. Same answer in this case, but not the same answer when you start stacking bonuses (1 + 1 + 1 = 3; 1 x 2 x2 = 4). Of course we can now have both concepts in play as a solo in a suite with 2021 double points is (1 + 1 + 1) x 2 = 6 points per night. 

Edited by TravelerThom

18 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

IMO NO gold star 😭 as you missed the concept of adding extra points (used previously for suite and/or solo bonuses) versus actual double points which this new 2021 bonus is apparently (we’ll see what happens when there are actual points added for sailing). The previous solo or suite bonus was 1 + 1 = 2; this 2021 double points is actually 1 x 2 = 2. Same answer in this case, but not the same answer when you start stacking bonuses (1 + 1 + 1 = 3; 1 x 2 x2 = 4). Of course we can now have both concepts in play as a solo in a suite with 2021 double points is (1 + 1 + 1) x 2 = 6 points per night. 

Wow...ouch.  Feel better now?  😉 

On 10/30/2020 at 2:57 PM, juncos said:

Yes diamond plus

Booked for sept 19 and 26 2021

Also for Dec 12

Love to see you there

Thanks for the reply

All 2021

Best regards

You are diamond plus and don't know that C&A points have nothing to do with the price paid for a cruise?

• Like 2

On 10/30/2020 at 3:54 PM, TravelerThom said:

Many people refer to solos getting double points, when in actuality it is 1 more point per night. Many people refer to suites getting double points, when in actuality it is 1 more point per night. Those people then assume that solo in a suite is 4 points per night, when it is actually 3. “Double Points” has been repeatedly misused in the past, so people now assume that double points doesn’t actually mean double points. 

It has been confirmed by RCG the solo in a standard room, under this plan, is 4 points per night. Certainly solo in a suite will be more

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Cabin fever.🤣

I’m thinking of getting t shirts for our first cruise (whenever that is) That say “I’m warm again and someone else if cooking for me”

Good idea- you can wear them on your next cruise  Christmas 2022😇🍹

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/30/2020 at 2:20 PM, juncos said:

Does not answer the question, read the question...

Can't answer your first question, since RCL has never given points based on the price you paid for a cruise. Some other cruise lines do (like HAL), but that has never been a part of RCL's loyalty scheme. It looks like the rest of your questions have been addressed.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Can't answer your first question, since RCL has never given points based on the price you paid for a cruise. Some other

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Can't answer your first question, since RCL has never given points based on the price you paid for a cruise. Some other cruise lines do (like HAL), but that has never been a part of RCL's loyalty scheme. It looks like the rest of your questions have been addressed.

cruise lines do (like HAL), but that has never been a part of RCL's loyalty scheme. It looks like the rest of your questions have been addressed.

Thanks for your reply don't' wish to continue with this.

Perhaps you don't know,when we cruise we get double point for the full amount of the cruise.

ex: If we pay $2000.00 we get 4,000 points which goes toward OBC, 5,000 =$50.00 on board credit..

I knew what the answer was about the double points, but you never know I liked to know for sure.

Best regards

3 minutes ago, juncos said:

Thanks for your reply don't' wish to continue with this.

Perhaps you don't know,when we cruise we get double point for the full amount of the cruise.

ex: If we pay $2000.00 we get 4,000 points which goes toward OBC, 5,000 =$50.00 on board credit..

I knew what the answer was about the double points, but you never know I liked to know for sure.

Best regards

What you are describing are VISA Rewards points (2 points for RCL purchases and one point for all other purchases with your CC), which are completely separate from the Double Cruise Points promotion that RCL just announced. You’ll get exactly the same number of VISA reward points on 2021 cruises as you got for every RCL cruise purchase you’ve made since you got your VISA card.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, orville99 said:

What you are describing are VISA Rewards points (2 points for RCL purchases and one point for all other purchases with your CC), which are completely separate from the Double Cruise Points promotion that RCL just announced. You’ll get exactly the same number of VISA reward points on 2021 cruises as you got for every RCL cruise purchase you’ve made since you got your VISA card.  

Mystery solved!!!!!

On 10/30/2020 at 1:50 PM, firefly333 said:

Yes WWII, way back. Air Force. That's how my parents met. She was 18 when they married. He says he robbed the cradle, lol she is a mere 94. 

My husband's parents, too.  She was 18 in December 1941, they got married in June 1942, he had to report to Seattle immediately thereafter (she went with him), and he shipped out in September.

She will be 97 this December 29th.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 9:32 AM, orville99 said:

Ah, yes!  The wonderful "multiple-dipping points scenario".  One of my favorites.  Next year is a bonanza year for points all over!  Double Chase Sapphire points, 2% Big Box rebate points on travel purchases, double C&A points.  Plus, the Sapphire points and rebate points are pure cash back if I want.

This is all in addition to the Big Box shopping cards we get when we get back from each cruise.

Now, if we could JUST GET ON THE DAMN CRUISES!!!!!

Edited by pcur
  • Haha 1