All inclusive

Happy Cruiser 6143

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Interesting.  When did you originally book your cruise?  Did you have one of the BBB options on your booking?  How many perks in your original booking?

Several people have reported the same experience.  

I cannot really compare my October booking, because I have the Best bundle and my category of cabin is sold out.

We booked on The Edge last Thanksgiving and only had three (3) of the four (4) Perks, then later added the fourth at no additional charge

Just after Christmas there we were able to secure a 7% reduction on the sailing... then I missed another sale...LOL

If the pricing goes down on the new program compared to what we have now, I will certainly move it over or what we need to do in order to secure it. I will make the change if the pricing goes down > ~1.25%, then I will have my TA pursue the reduction.

bon voyage

10 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

We booked on The Edge last Thanksgiving and only had three (3) of the four (4) Perks, then later added the fourth at no additional charge

Just after Christmas there we were able to secure a 7% reduction on the sailing... then I missed another sale...LOL

If the pricing goes down on the new program compared to what we have now, I will certainly move it over or what we need to do in order to secure it. I will make the change if the pricing goes down > ~1.25%, then I will have my TA pursue the reduction.

bon voyage

Good to see some actual facts.  Thanks for sharing.

it looks like you have the Best bundle, so a comparison is a little more difficult.  Based on my understanding, the Always Included is a step backwards from the Best.  It would not have the Premium Upgrade and it will likely be an inferior Internet.  (Surf)

We booked the Edge in June of this year for a January 2021 S1.  A few weeks later the fare reduced $700. We got the lower rate.  Then we moved the reservation to a February 2021 sailing..  Same rate, cabin and perks.  Last month we L&S, since it was obvious the cruise was not going to sail, to the APEX for February 2022 in same S1 cat with identical perks since it's a suite.  They protected the same booked rate we booked in June.  However the rate with lots of cabins available in the cat increased over double.

I would have cancelled if I had to book at prevailing rates.

43 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

We booked the Edge in June of this year for a January 2021 S1.  A few weeks later the fare reduced $700. We got the lower rate.  Then we moved the reservation to a February 2021 sailing..  Same rate, cabin and perks.  Last month we L&S, since it was obvious the cruise was not going to sail, to the APEX for February 2022 in same S1 cat with identical perks since it's a suite.  They protected the same booked rate we booked in June.  However the rate with lots of cabins available in the cat increased over double.

I would have cancelled if I had to book at prevailing rates.

Since your current booking in a S1 already includes more than what is in the Always Included, it would be reasonable to conclude that the increase in the prevailing rate is demand driven and it is not at all related to AI.  I suspect this is true on many of the price increases.  Some people have a hard time believing this.  

21 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Since your current booking in a S1 already includes more than what is in the Always Included, it would be reasonable to conclude that the increase in the prevailing rate is demand driven and it is not at all related to AI.  I suspect this is true on many of the price increases.  Some people have a hard time believing this.  

There are 50 S2s and 37 S1s available today.  There were much more available when I checked the price to L&S.  I agree some is demand driven due to cancellations and fewer inventory from L&S.  Suites aren't affected by AI since, as you pointed out,  it already includes Premium Liquor, grats & WiFi with $300 OBC.  Therefore I suspect it can't just be demand driven for such a huge increase 16 months out. I didn't compare the current rate.

I suspect overall the rates are increasing more than for just the AI but Celebrity is also trying to eat up FCC and recover money they lost for not being able to sail.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Good to see some actual facts.  Thanks for sharing.

it looks like you have the Best bundle, so a comparison is a little more difficult.  Based on my understanding, the Always Included is a step backwards from the Best.  It would not have the Premium Upgrade and it will likely be an inferior Internet.  (Surf)

There are add-on's to upgrade the packages, that can make it more a2a for sure....

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2020 at 2:55 PM, MarinerBoy said:

As someone who works in the marketing field in the cruise industry, I will share one key research point we discovered: Less and less people are drinking alcohol in the United States and in general around the world.

As humanity slowly embraces new environmental and healthy life styles the consumption of alcohol per capita is going down. Cruise ship marketing experts like my self are very well aware of this fact and our recommendations to cruise line are reflecting the changes you see in Celebrity for example. Celebrity is smart to offer "all inclusive"  packages because they know consumption of alcohol is going down, their costs overall will go down while allowing to charge a premium rate under the idea "but its all free, all you can drink".

Jokes on the consumer, but many people are still from the "older generation" the generation that has no clue how bad alcohol is for your body and your health. It is proven that drinking more than 3 glasses of wine or 3 drinks per day in general is detrimental to your health, and dont get me started on sugary cocktails and yeast/barely filled malt filled beer which are so so bad for you.

In general, there is no need to drink a lot on the cruise, I see less and less of it, so of course companies like Celebrity will want to modify their offerings by going "all inclusive" knowing very well drinking is a fad on the way down. You can thank me later for my tips, I can open a go fund me page f you care to donate for my inside information. 

Celebrity already has a fairly decent offering of non-alcoholic wines and champagne, at least in the suites.  There's an excellent non-alcoholic gin out there which they would do well to adopt.  They can make money selling these offerings.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

There are 50 S2s and 37 S1s available today.  There were much more available when I checked the price to L&S.  I agree some is demand driven due to cancellations and fewer inventory from L&S.  Suites aren't affected by AI since, as you pointed out,  it already includes Premium Liquor, grats & WiFi with $300 OBC.  Therefore I suspect it can't just be demand driven for such a huge increase 16 months out. I didn't compare the current rate.

I suspect overall the rates are increasing more than for just the AI but Celebrity is also trying to eat up FCC and recover money they lost for not being able to sail.

You made me look.  I reviewed the prevailing rates for the 2/26/2022 Apex cruise from PR.  $2900 a day for two in a RS and $1500 a day for two in the highest level SS.  I find it hard to believe that anyone would book at those rates.  Based on your reports there are a lot of cabins available. I do not take 7 day cruises nor cruise out of PR, but those numbers are more than twice what I have ever paid.  Makes me question the numbers, so I see your point.  
We can certainly agree that those rates have nothing to do with the implementation of the AI. (Unless it was an error).  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Apex cruise from PR.

Apex sails from Fort Lauderdale.  Cruise visits PR.  7 night cruise with 3 ports and 3 sea days.  $750 pp/pd for a SS is crazy.  My threshold is ~ $250 pp/pd on a generic itinerary like this.

Edited by wrk2cruise

On 12/3/2020 at 5:31 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Apex sails from Fort Lauderdale.  Cruise visits PR.  7 night cruise with 3 ports and 3 sea days.  $750 pp/pd for a SS is crazy.  My threshold is ~ $250 pp/pd on a generic itinerary like this.

What type of cabin is used for your $250pp/pd threshold?

5 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

What type of cabin is used for your $250pp/pd threshold?

Sky Suite.   Yea hard to come by but I still have 2 in my future, both under $200 pp/pd both S1.  These were both L&S from Jan/Feb 2021 to 2022 booked immediately when sailings opened.  One on Connie and the other Infinity, however the Infinity was L&S to Reflection aft corner S1.   I wouldn't pay $750 pp/pd for a PH on Celebrity let alone a Sky Suite.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

Sky Suite.   Yea hard to come by but I still have 2 in my future, both under $200 pp/pd both S1.  These were both L&S from Jan/Feb 2021 to 2022 booked immediately when sailings opened.  One on Connie and the other Infinity, however the Infinity was L&S to Reflection aft corner S1.   I wouldn't pay $750 pp/pd for a PH on Celebrity let alone a Sky Suite.

Congratulations, those were very good prices.  Hopefully they were at a good time of year.

I just received this holiday card from Celebrity:

"In this socially distanced year, it is more important than ever to be in touch with the people who mean so much.

We couldn't be more grateful for your support of our Celebrity Cruises family, and can't wait to sail into a wonderful new world with you in 2021.

Wishing you joy and prosperity, happiness and good health."

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

This is a very warm message and appreciated, but it would have been nice to include a statement that "we really appreciate your loyalty so your level benefits have been restored. And since your loyalty level includes some items that are now covered by our all-inclusive pricing we will give a discounted cruise price based on your level.

I wish all the wonderful employees at Celebrity the best the holiday season has to offer and a much brighter 2021.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orator said:

I just received this holiday card from Celebrity:

"In this socially distanced year, it is more important than ever to be in touch with the people who mean so much.

We couldn't be more grateful for your support of our Celebrity Cruises family, and can't wait to sail into a wonderful new world with you in 2021.

Wishing you joy and prosperity, happiness and good health."

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

This is a very warm message and appreciated, but it would have been nice to include a statement that "we really appreciate your loyalty so your level benefits have been restored. And since your loyalty level includes some items that are now covered by our all-inclusive pricing we will give a discounted cruise price based on your level.

I wish all the wonderful employees at Celebrity the best the holiday season has to offer and a much brighter 2021.

At least you got a card.  I cannot even get an email from them.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Same here.  Have done a number of SS @ $250pp pd or less.  Including aft S1s.  Look at the prices that people are apparently willing to pay ($1500-2000 or more per day) on Celebrity and just SMH.

17 hours ago, TeeRick said:

At least you got a card.  I cannot even get an email from them.

TeeRick,

I see from your signature that you're booked on an August cruise to Norway in August.  If that cruise operates, do you think it is reasonable to expect that cruise will be open to people from outside of Europe?  Have you started making flight arrangements?

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'll be glad to share some of my marketing e-mails from Celebrity with you.  

No thanks.  But I wish I could get emails from Captain's Club and early emails about the release of new itineraries.  Or any other informational non-marketing email.   I am only an elite+ member that has spent a shi#-load (#=p in the G-rated version) of money with them over the years.  Sorry for venting.  Now I feel better.😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

TeeRick,

I see from your signature that you're booked on an August cruise to Norway in August.  If that cruise operates, do you think it is reasonable to expect that cruise will be open to people from outside of Europe?  Have you started making flight arrangements?

Good question so here are my thoughts- similar to other folks in this situation.

We signed up for this cruise in January when we were on Eclipse in S.America before the world went sideways this year.  We got a tremendous deal on a suite so I hope it goes (Aug 26th out of the UK).  But have $1800 deposit tied up by Celebrity on it.  If we L&S once the Europe 2022 itineraries open up the new price will be crazy I think.  But I am getting more and more skeptical about going.  If dw and I could get a first dose of vaccine by June I think we will be protected by end of August.  We will be in the under 65 group so last in line.  But there are several hurdles that I can think of.  The cruise is over 7 nights.  Even if we could fly to/from the UK, we might be restricted getting into Norway as Americans.  The ports in Norway might not be open.  We will follow the vaccine distribution and coverage to the Norwegian population closely in the next few months.  We want to cruise in the usual fun vacation way we are accustomed too (no masks and COVID restrictions, and in particular no COVID risk).  Those are a lot of hurdles and probably others.  But still have hope with the vaccines now approved.  

No flight arrangements yet.  We will use Flights By Celebrity since it requires no money from us until final payment (end of May) when we should know a lot more.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Good question so here are my thoughts- similar to other folks in this situation.

We signed up for this cruise in January when we were on Eclipse in S.America before the world went sideways this year.  We got a tremendous deal on a suite so I hope it goes (Aug 26th out of the UK).  But have $1800 deposit tied up by Celebrity on it.  If we L&S once the Europe 2022 itineraries open up the new price will be crazy I think.  But I am getting more and more skeptical about going.  If dw and I could get a first dose of vaccine by June I think we will be protected by end of August.  We will be in the under 65 group so last in line.  But there are several hurdles that I can think of.  The cruise is over 7 nights.  Even if we could fly to/from the UK, we might be restricted getting into Norway as Americans.  The ports in Norway might not be open.  We will follow the vaccine distribution and coverage to the Norwegian population closely in the next few months.  We want to cruise in the usual fun vacation way we are accustomed too (no masks and COVID restrictions, and in particular no COVID risk).  Those are a lot of hurdles and probably others.  But still have hope with the vaccines now approved.  

No flight arrangements yet.  We will use Flights By Celebrity since it requires no money from us until final payment (end of May) when we should know a lot more.

Thanks for your thoughts. I share your concerns about the foreign ports being open for cruises.  I don't think Europe will be as far along vaccinating their populations, so I have some concern if European cruises are an option, especially for non-European residents.  May final payment is in May. hopefully things will look better by then.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:31 AM, TeeRick said:

No thanks.  But I wish I could get emails from Captain's Club and early emails about the release of new itineraries.  Or any other informational non-marketing email.   I am only an elite+ member that has spent a shi#-load (#=p in the G-rated version) of money with them over the years.  Sorry for venting.  Now I feel better.😀

@TeeRick try calling Captains Club. Both DH and I were getting the emails, then all of a sudden mine stopped arriving. I called, changed the email attached to my Captains Club and now we both get them.