All inclusive

Happy Cruiser 6143

7 minutes ago, MarinerBoy said:

Please ignore all CV19 related stats, these are just outliners and blimps. The reality is that alcohol consumption is going down, and even if a slight increase due to CV19 happened it has 0 effect on the cruise industry.

We know people are aiming for healthier life styles, I just revealed a huge leak in the case why Celebrity is going "all inclusive" due to the revolutionary new study that alcohol is going down thus they plan on seeing less alcohol bought to justify " all inclusive" offerings. I want people to praise my leak, because among the posters here I am the only one consistently delivering up to date marketing data and strategy leaks from the top. 

Thanks for your brilliant insight. If it wasn't for people like you most of us here would know nothing. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

Thanks for your brilliant insight. If it wasn't for people like you most of us here would know nothing. 

Finally, some appreciation around here. You are very welcome, thank you, finally.

I will produce some other interesting content as I obtain it. 

Edited by MarinerBoy
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MarinerBoy said:

Please ignore all CV19 related stats, these are just outliners and blimps. The reality is that alcohol consumption is going down, and even if a slight increase due to CV19 happened it has 0 effect on the cruise industry.

Drinking in the US hits 30-year high!

From an article earlier this year pre covid.

"Drinking in America has been rising for the last 20 years and has reached a point where Americans are drinking more than they were when Prohibition was enacted, according to federal health statistics."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/alcohol-consumption-increase-in-us

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

"Drinking in America has been rising for the last 20 years and has reached a point where Americans are drinking more than they were when Prohibition was enacted, according to federal health statistics."

If this was true how do you explain the all inclusive prices direction and my marketing data post to support this?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MarinerBoy said:

If this was true how do you explain the all inclusive prices direction and my marketing data post to support this?

Sounds like your data is PFA even though they're "outliners and blimps." For some in Vancouver, that's Plucked From Air

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Also pre-COVID,  a 2019 study published in The Lancet found that global alcohol consumption is steadily increasing as well. Total alcohol consumed globally per year has gone from 21 billion litres in 1990 to 35.7 billion litres in 2017 - an increase of 70%. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)32744-2/fulltext

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Also pre-COVID,  a 2019 study published in The Lancet found that global alcohol consumption is steadily increasing as well. Total alcohol consumed globally per year has gone from 21 billion litres in 1990 to 35.7 billion litres in 2017 - an increase of 70%. 

But did YOU spend over 10,000 hours studying the subject like Boy did?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2020 at 2:31 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I agree.  We were parked next to a Disney ship in St. Maarten once.  The noise from their pool deck was overwhelming.  That alone put me off ever considering them.

Much worse is being berthed  adjacent to a Carnival ship. Loud DJ music  blasting away  the entire time..no one on our ship had any peace !  Efforts by  our Cap to have them tone it down were not successful!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Much worse is being berthed  adjacent to a Carnival ship. Loud DJ music  blasting away  the entire time..no one on our ship had any peace !  Efforts by  our Cap to have them tone it down were not successful!

I always say that Carnival is very aptly named, or as we call it CarniMART.

54 minutes ago, MarinerBoy said:

Finally, some appreciation around here. You are very welcome, thank you, finally.

I will produce some other interesting content as I obtain it. 

I'll drink to that!  🍸🍹🍷🍾🍻🥂 and what cruise is not complete without a 🥤

41 minutes ago, MarinerBoy said:

I realize that you are only an intern, but I am hoping that one of the marketing managers or directors that you report to are honest with you about your writing skills(?). 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)32744-2/fulltext

Yeah... There is the whole craft beer industry that is booming. Hardly demonstrating a decrease in consumption!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarinerBoy said:

We know people are aiming for healthier life styles, I just revealed a huge leak in the case why Celebrity is going "all inclusive" due to the revolutionary new study that alcohol is going down thus they plan on seeing less alcohol bought to justify " all inclusive" offerings. I want people to praise my leak, because among the posters here I am the only one consistently delivering up to date marketing data and strategy leaks from the top. 

Heaps and heaps of "always included" praise for you MBoy.  I just wish you would rectify your grammar.  

2 hours ago, MarinerBoy said:

X has been "giving away" the beverage package for many years in a variety of promotions (123 Go, BBB, etc)  IMO all-inclusive is just another name for same package of percs.  Difference is now guests are unable to opt out.  Sounds like they paid for a marketing study to validate something they have been doing all along.  

1 minute ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I nominate MarinerBoy as Cruise Critic's comedian of the year.  I wonder if he practices in front of a mirror?  He has added farcical humor to the threads

I am guessing MBoy loves and needs the attention, but as you say, has added a great deal of farcical humor for sure. 

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I am guessing MBoy loves and needs the attention, but as you say, has added a great deal of farcical humor for sure. 

Perhaps he amuses you, but he creates a constant distraction from the OP's topic.

Edited by C-Dragons

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Heaps and heaps of "always included" praise for you MBoy.  I just wish you would rectify your grammar.  

Why don't you as you are obviously one and the same person.

On 12/1/2020 at 10:07 AM, Bo1953 said:

Very happy here as I just checked pricing on our sailing in Oct 2021 and the AI pricing is not more than 2.5% higher than what we originally paid....

When it gets lower, we will change over for the pricing...

No complaints here, so far.

bon voyage

Interesting.  When did you originally book your cruise?  Did you have one of the BBB options on your booking?  How many perks in your original booking?

Several people have reported the same experience.  

I cannot really compare my October booking, because I have the Best bundle and my category of cabin is sold out.

Edited by jagoffee

It's really going to depend on when you booked your original reservation and what perks you included (paid for).  Prices went way up a few months ago.  If you booked in the last couple months with at least 2 perks I don't think you will see a significant increase.

I looked at the 2 perk price for my 8 reservations the day before AI was included and the day after.  Pricing was pretty much the same.  However both of these prices were on average 90% more (ranging from 35% to 151%).   Granted about 1/2 of the sailings have been L&S.  Most were booked over a year ago.

Edited by wrk2cruise