Carnival cancels all cruises over 7 days will Royal follow?

sharpasice

Im waiting to find out what will happen on our 9 day radiance Alaska cruise in May 2021 from Vancouver. We don't really want to go on it (we found a 7 day one that better fits our personal schedules) but it's a non refundable deposit, so I would prefer if they cancelled. It's round trip Canada, but only goes to US ports! It was still on the website this morning. 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:33 AM, sharpasice said:

So I read this morning that Carnival has canceled all cruises over 7 days through Oct 2021.  Do you think Royal will follow?  CDC says nothing over 7 days or anything port intensive. Mine is both. I have one now booked on Radiance (was changed by Royal from Explorer) for 9 nights in November 2021.  I really thought we'd be safe on the COVID front by that time.  Now I'm worried.  

October, nope, vaccine won't get rolled out till likely late Q1 then to get enough doses and to get enough of the population to herd immunity, easily Q3 or later.

what is more amazing how they decided a few thousand people for 5-7 days is okay but 10 days is too dangerous only raises the insanity of public health policy in the wester world.

Is it any wonder most of the wester world is going thru a massive new spike and lockdowns compared to other areas

1 hour ago, celoplyr said:

Im waiting to find out what will happen on our 9 day radiance Alaska cruise in May 2021 from Vancouver. We don't really want to go on it (we found a 7 day one that better fits our personal schedules) but it's a non refundable deposit, so I would prefer if they cancelled. It's round trip Canada, but only goes to US ports! It was still on the website this morning. 

I had a non-refundable deposit on a 9 night cruise and just changed it to a 7 night, using the RCL "Cruise With Confidence" offer.  The only catch is that you have to rebook on another RCL cruise.

Edited by travelhound

On 11/11/2020 at 8:31 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

As their IT people are obviously updating website for longer sailings, hopefully rcl let's us know their plan. 

Would be easy enough to modify some of the itineraries.

Or for sailings booked for late summer/fall of 2021 to let them ride as vaccine could be a game changer and 8+ nights could be allowed by then.

Yeah, I am hoping they sell the 8 nighters with a disclaimer "This cruise may become a 7-nt cruise, if this happens you will be refunded 1/8 of your cruise fare. Itineraries may change."

Much rather they do that than kill all the longer cruises.

2 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

Yeah, I am hoping they sell the 8 nighters with a disclaimer "This cruise may become a 7-nt cruise, if this happens you will be refunded 1/8 of your cruise fare. Itineraries may change."

Much rather they do that than kill all the longer cruises.

When I rescheduled from 9 to 7 nights on RCL, the 7 night was actually more expensive.  Although, it does give me some peace of mind, since it is now CDC compliant.  I was also a little worried that RCL wouldn't cancel until just a few weeks before and then there would be very little availability on other ships at the same time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, travelhound said:

I had a non-refundable deposit on a 9 night cruise and just changed it to a 7 night, using the RCL "Cruise With Confidence" offer.  The only catch is that you have to rebook on another RCL cruise.

Apparently I'm not that smart because I booked the 7 night already- so we have two cruises, and the cabins we want in each.  That is what makes my mom feel better, and so I'm happy to do it 🙂

On 11/11/2020 at 7:51 PM, toad455 said:

RCCL could make that a 7-day & just do Labadee & Aruba.

Day 1: Depart Miami

Day 2: at sea

Day 3: Labadee

Day 4: at sea

Day 5: Aruba(all day)

Day 6: at sea

Day 7: at sea

Why not swap labadee out for Curaçao?

The Artic crossing on Jewel from Copenhagen to Boston on August 31, 2021 is no longer offered but our booking ist still there. Is it canceled? Will it be canceled? Will it be adjusted and end e.g. in Halifax? They just added this great cruise one month ago....

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

The Artic crossing on Jewel from Copenhagen to Boston on August 31, 2021 is no longer offered but our booking ist still there. Is it canceled? Will it be canceled? Will it be adjusted and end e.g. in Halifax? They just added this great cruise one month ago....

Yep.  Our 2 TAs, April on Rhapsody and October on Anthem are in the same boat.  And we a 2nd cruise. B2b with them. I have my doubts about April but higher hopes for October.  Only time will tell.

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

It's probably too long to be CDC compliant, 7 night or less.  That said, with a successful vaccine that will be in mass distribution by then, the CDC will probably lift that restriction.

15 minutes ago, celoplyr said:

I don't see any listed for sale besides 2 in Australia and some cruise tours (until November).  Sure would be nice if they made an announcement.....

Imo they know jan and feb at the very least will be cancelled, so there is no reason to tell people their 8 days and longer also cancelled. Just have to wait until they announce the next round of cancellations.

If you are still booked jan and feb, plan B time.

On 11/15/2020 at 4:07 AM, Saab4444 said:

I did that cruise in 2018. It was wonderful.

My TP from Yokohama-Seattle is blocked also next May. I’m wondering if they could look at alternative debarkation ports in Canada for the TP, and possibly some TA’s. Then do the 7 day or less repo’s to embarkation ports. I don’t really no mileages in the East, but I do know Vancouver would be an easy one here, instead of Seattle.

21 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I did that cruise in 2018. It was wonderful.

My TP from Yokohama-Seattle is blocked also next May. I’m wondering if they could look at alternative debarkation ports in Canada for the TP, and possibly some TA’s. Then do the 7 day or less repo’s to embarkation ports. I don’t really no mileages in the East, but I do know Vancouver would be an easy one here, instead of Seattle.

We also did the Serenade crossing in 2018.  It was great.  Both our TAs are now on hold.