Carnival cancels all cruises over 7 days will Royal follow?

sharpasice

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

Carnival actually didn't "cancel" cruises more than 7 days....they just stopped selling them through Oct 2021...."It is worth noting that these voyages, while closed for new bookings, are not cancelled at this time. Existing reservations on these longer itineraries remain valid at this point.

The "challenge" is that they will eventually cancel or shorten the longer cruises which will affect the cruises before and/or after. Or just cancel all cruises and replan all itineraries. 

• Like 1

If a vaccine is implemented by early 2021, it seems unreasonable to me for the CDC to take actions that would in effect destroy the cruise industry. Very vulnerable people will choose not to cruise. I hate to see any government entity have too much authority in an situation that isn't that black and white.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Well,everything was turned upside down with the the moving of Quantum to Brisbane.

There a few Ovation cruises to NZ got the chop and replaced with 2 short coastal cruises each out of sydney.

We are booked on a 12 night around NZ (6 Dec) and I’m expecting that to be canceled.

Thanks!  I am booked out of Sydney on Serenade starting in February doing circle Australia, (I just now cancelled short 5 night Tasmania cruise) then supposed to do two trips to NZ in March.  

RCI has cancelled Australia/NZ cruises through January 2021 now.  I am assuming your cruise was cancelled already?  Or was that Dec. 2021 for your cruise?  

10 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

If a vaccine is implemented by early 2021, it seems unreasonable to me for the CDC to take actions that would in effect destroy the cruise industry. Very vulnerable people will choose not to cruise. I hate to see any government entity have too much authority in an situation that isn't that black and white.

I heard this morning that by march they expect vaccine to be available for everyone. Cutting it close myself as my cruise is in april. Maybe only can get in first shot but not 2nd booster. Who knows, it's still not even approved. 

And yes, I too have come to dislike how cdc uses its power. Seems unfairly only over cruising industry.

• Like 1

The speculation has been that when cruises restart, they will be just 3-7 day cruises. possibly to just their private islands and maybe Mexico. It'll take time for cruise lines to get back 100%, so it seems reasonable for the longer cruises to be put on hold for now.

Princess is also canceling longer cruises till 11/21. I suspect if vaccine is deployed before that date, adjustments will be made. 

Do remember that the vaccine [vaccines] will be issued by priority. Those working in health industry must obviously be 1st, and that MUST mean worldwide, because the virus is no respecter of borders. With several companies making and distributing it, might be a lot available, but with maybe as much as 5 BILLION needs, cannot be really fast. 

I my am 69 with diabetes, HBP, and lung probs. Does that make me priority? I couldn't guess. Just wait and hide and hope to get through. Reward will be a bit of the World under my feet. No me under it. 

18 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Had a Radiance TP cancled yesterday finely got transfer through Quantum Hawaii to Brisbane 16 night october 2021🙂

Was you able to get price protection or did you have to pay the prevailing fare? The only option we had was to re-book at prevailing rate with $50/$100 OBC. 

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a 9 nighter on Freedom for mid-Sept to Canada.     I suspect they could modify / shorten the sailing by losing 1 port and 1 sea day.     We'll see!   Maybe the CDC will allow 8 or 9 nighters if we have a vaccine and all is going well with cruise lines.    It is far too early for anyone to know what will be happening next fall.     

I am on this cruise as well.  I hope they let us know changes before final so I can make decision to cancel or not.  

• Like 1

Well this didn't take long.....UUUgghhhhhhhh

A passenger on SeaDream Yacht Club’s SeaDream 1 has tested positive for COVID19 on a preliminary basis, the captain of the vessel, Torbjorn Lund, announced in a shipwide intercom address shortly after noon on Wednesday.

Lund asked all passengers to return to their cabins, where they would be isolated. Nonessential crew also would isolate immediately, he said.'

Edited by bajathree

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  I am booked out of Sydney on Serenade starting in February doing circle Australia, (I just now cancelled short 5 night Tasmania cruise) then supposed to do two trips to NZ in March.  

RCI has cancelled Australia/NZ cruises through January 2021 now.  I am assuming your cruise was cancelled already?  Or was that Dec. 2021 for your cruise?  

That’s December  2021 ,no one expects this season to happen .

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Was you able to get price protection or did you have to pay the prevailing fare? The only option we had was to re-book at prevailing rate with $50/$100 OBC. 

Had a choice of ships and sail date and was just moved across at same price . Asked about OBC as others were getting RCI reply was we were getting a new more tech advance ship , but loved Radiance and now she is gone☹️

TA extract 

Just now, Hogbay said:

Had a choice of ships and sail date and was just moved across at same price . Asked about OBC as others were getting RCI reply was we were getting a new more tech advance ship , but loved Radiance and now she is gone☹️

TA extract 

ear Valued MyCruises passenger,

We are reaching out to you with an update from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines regarding your Radiance of the Seas, Transpacific voyage in September 2021.

They have today announced that they will be replacing Radiance of the Seas Brisbane deployment with one of their newest and most innovative ships, the Quantum of the Seas.  We are really pleased to advise that they are still operating a Honolulu to Brisbane  sailing in October 2021.

Royal Caribbean will give you the option to move over to the new sailing, which will enable you to experience this incredible ship, whilst still returning to Brisbane.

The new sailing departs Honolulu on the 14th October 2021 , and arrives into Brisbane on the 30th October 2021,  please see below map for itinerary:

0?ui=2&ik=4dd1624b77&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1681230965894036988&th=1754eea7eb803dfc&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8MQUoQ8olAGkOmpESd0AxyFmzRgaEHHCLBScLesAkYFPVnbs8FhG3nbKv-FJffOm4g3-uur7y8mblZpZtdFNk8PDQi24Ja2EOMyuZ7dY-XZZig553RRXNuJjE&disp=emb

If you are happy to proceed with the ship change and above itinerary, please let us know via email and we can facilitate this for you.  

Alternatively if you are unable to travel in October 2021, we can also approach Royal Caribbean to move you across to the Ovation of the Seas Honolulu to Sydney departing 28th September 2021 or alternatively a sailing in April 2022 from Brisbane back to Honolulu.

For more details on the ship, please refer to this link   https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/cruise-ships/quantum-of-the-seas

Due to the high volume of passengers affected by this change we request that you please reply to this email confirming your preference (including your booking number IG /MYC).  

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

ear Valued MyCruises passenger,

We are reaching out to you with an update from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines regarding your Radiance of the Seas, Transpacific voyage in September 2021.

They have today announced that they will be replacing Radiance of the Seas Brisbane deployment with one of their newest and most innovative ships, the Quantum of the Seas.  We are really pleased to advise that they are still operating a Honolulu to Brisbane  sailing in October 2021.

Royal Caribbean will give you the option to move over to the new sailing, which will enable you to experience this incredible ship, whilst still returning to Brisbane.

The new sailing departs Honolulu on the 14th October 2021 , and arrives into Brisbane on the 30th October 2021,  please see below map for itinerary:

0?ui=2&ik=4dd1624b77&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1681230965894036988&th=1754eea7eb803dfc&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8MQUoQ8olAGkOmpESd0AxyFmzRgaEHHCLBScLesAkYFPVnbs8FhG3nbKv-FJffOm4g3-uur7y8mblZpZtdFNk8PDQi24Ja2EOMyuZ7dY-XZZig553RRXNuJjE&disp=emb

If you are happy to proceed with the ship change and above itinerary, please let us know via email and we can facilitate this for you.  

Alternatively if you are unable to travel in October 2021, we can also approach Royal Caribbean to move you across to the Ovation of the Seas Honolulu to Sydney departing 28th September 2021 or alternatively a sailing in April 2022 from Brisbane back to Honolulu.

For more details on the ship, please refer to this link   https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/cruise-ships/quantum-of-the-seas

Due to the high volume of passengers affected by this change we request that you please reply to this email confirming your preference (including your booking number IG /MYC).  

Glad it worked out for you. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 4:45 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a 9 nighter on Freedom for mid-Sept to Canada.     I suspect they could modify / shorten the sailing by losing 1 port and 1 sea day.     We'll see!   Maybe the CDC will allow 8 or 9 nighters if we have a vaccine and all is going well with cruise lines.    It is far too early for anyone to know what will be happening next fall.     

I have a 9 night RCL cruise on Explorer at the end of March.  I'm beginning to think that may end up being a 7 night.  Unfortunately, that would also impact the itinerary, since they were sailing from Miami to Aruba.  Has anyone heard about rescheduling 9 night RCL cruises in March?

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I heard this morning that by march they expect vaccine to be available for everyone. Cutting it close myself as my cruise is in april. Maybe only can get in first shot but not 2nd booster. Who knows, it's still not even approved. 

And yes, I too have come to dislike how cdc uses its power. Seems unfairly only over cruising industry.

I have heard dates later than March for “availability for all”.  Hopefully other drug companies have the same success (fingers crossed) with their vaccines and March can be viable.  I sure hope other companies have the same success and Covid will become an object in our rear view mirror. 

• Like 2