Iona

Bin man

24 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure you deserve an invitation. Caribbean is half a year onboard.

My invite says ‘as a valued Caribbean member’ so it looks as though it is Caribbean and above. I don’t know whether having a cruise on Iona booked is also a criteria for being invited, maybe not because we are booked on her at the end of November and that is not mentioned in the email. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I have the same app and for a day out we will go to Hythe to watch her come in but not at a stupid hour during the night , think it will be a lot quieter at Hythe 

Yeah we were thinking about Hythe as well. Aside from the car park at the end of the ferry pier in Southampton, I don’t believe there is a better place to watch them come out of the Carnival berths. 

I believe it will be during the day as the whole thing is being filmed! 

13 minutes ago, pete14 said:

My invite says ‘as a valued Caribbean member’ so it looks as though it is Caribbean and above. I don’t know whether having a cruise on Iona booked is also a criteria for being invited, maybe not because we are booked on her at the end of November and that is not mentioned in the email. 

We are only Mediterranean but have a cruise booked on Iona in January and recieved an invite. I believe it is due to a high level or if you have a cruise booked soon on Iona that you have an invite  Has anyone on a low level but not got a cruise booked on Iona got an invite?

I have just noticed this line in the email sent.

"And, as a valued guest who’s set to sail on Iona’s maiden cruise"

That is the first I knew I was on the maiden cruise! 

I have never been booked to go on the maiden but I'm booked to be on her in September in 2022.

P&O IT strikes again?

41 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

We are only Mediterranean but have a cruise booked on Iona in January and recieved an invite. I believe it is due to a high level or if you have a cruise booked soon on Iona that you have an invite  Has anyone on a low level but not got a cruise booked on Iona got an invite?

We got an invite booked on Iona next July (was originally and May 21)  and lowest level loyalty

7 hours ago, purplesea said:

I haven't recieved an email although my mother has, but we are both booked to sail in January 2022.

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

I think you have to be a certain grade ( Baltic ?) to receive an invite.

I don't think tiers has anything to do with it  - I'm Mediterranean and my mother is Atlantic! 

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I don't think tiers has anything to do with it  - I'm Mediterranean and my mother is Atlantic! 

Perhaps it's based on how far you live from Southampton. I still have a union flag from a sailaway, so I might yet get an invitation to the naming ceremony.🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We're Baltic and have an Iona staycation booked for September.  No invitation so far.  

I'm going to whinge and whinge until I get a free cruise!! 🤣

I would send an email to the CEO and ask for an immediate response.🤣

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, pete14 said:

I got an invite this morning by email.  How exciting - NOT!  I don't have anything booked on her and wouldn't.  So I guess it goes out to all Caribbean and up.

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps it's based on how far you live from Southampton. I still have a union flag from a sailaway, so I might yet get an invitation to the naming ceremony.🤣

It's by Zoom!  Nothing to do with Southampton.

Well I have been Caribbean for a number of years and for a short period reached the dizzy heights of Baltic and we have not had any communications from P&O with regards  to Iona's naming ceremony so I am beginning to think the invitations are either recent cruisers whatever tier they are in the Peninsular Club or just totally random.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Well I have been Caribbean for a number of years and for a short period reached the dizzy heights of Baltic and we have not had any communications from P&O with regards  to Iona's naming ceremony so I am beginning to think the invitations are either recent cruisers whatever tier they are in the Peninsular Club or just totally random.

We have received the invite, we are Baltic but also have a cruise booked on Iona in February, so maybe not random.

7 hours ago, majortom10 said:

No invite here. I’m Caribbean tier. No cruises currently booked tho.

• Like 1

I have never cruised before and have had an invitation. I have had 3 cruises booked on Iona at various times since 2018 though 🤷‍♀️
If MX-Drew is English Channel tier, I think I must be River Medway 😂 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Me too!

Glade I made a couple of people smile, I personally dislike all this tier stuff we should all be valued customers and have nothing to do with how many cruises we have had because that does not indicate how many more you might book. Even then you should get the same service on your 1st, 5th or 10th cruise.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

We can Zoom down to Southampton at short notice. You may get a call one day on channel 16 . Jean , we are sending the tender into Salcombe. Join us for lunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We can Zoom down to Southampton at short notice. You may get a call one day on channel 16 . Jean , we are sending the tender into Salcombe. Join us for lunch.

Zap, good morning.  The tender is about the biggest thing we can take in Salcombe (joke).  Yes I did realize you were joking, but someone further back did not.   Personally I think it's either random or in alphabetical order.  We are Caribbean and have 2 cruises booked on Aurora.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

My brother-in-law was asked to do something with Iona's 'launching' (his word not mine).  In Iona not Southampton, so who knows where it's going to be held.