Iona

Bin man

2 Cunard, 2 P&O and a winter holiday in January for us never gone so long without a holiday. We should have been going on Britannia on Thursday to the Mediterranean.

Edited by majortom10

I’m really laughing now, I’ve now had a “special invite” to view the opening ceremony! I’m not booked on her and only on the second lowest tier, I think perhaps they haven’t had that many people sign up? 
Anyway I’ve signed up 😆

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

I’m really laughing now, I’ve now had a “special invite” to view the opening ceremony! I’m not booked on her and only on the second lowest tier, I think perhaps they haven’t had that many people sign up? 
Anyway I’ve signed up 😆

Yep!

But pass our bedtime! 🙃

• Haha 1

My hubby got an email so I’m taking his. For some reason p&o never send me offers or stuff even though iona was booked in my name on the old booking and hubbys on the new one. We are the bottom tier . We only have two cruises under our belt. 

off to See if I’m working or what it’s even to do with. Oh such an exciting life to lead

edit. 9pm that’s nearly my bedtime. Well least im not working. Will probably be watching this. 

do you think we will get to see anything inside or useful or is it just the ship sailing in with Gary Barlow singing 

Edited by Vampiress88

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Anyway I’ve signed up 😆

We were originally booked to sail on Iona in July 2019 (Iona fest) then August this year and are now booked for January next year, but I haven't received an invitation. I don't think it has anything to do with tiers as my mother received an invitation, she's Atlantic while I'm a bit higher in Mediterrean. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

We were originally booked to sail on Iona in July 2019 (Iona fest) then August this year and are now booked for January next year, but I haven't received an invitation. I don't think it has anything to do with tiers as my mother received an invitation, she's Atlantic while I'm a bit higher in Mediterrean. 

I don’t think it’s anything to do with tiers either , I’m only Atlantic. 
I would like to try Iona one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

My hubby got an email so I’m taking his. For some reason p&o never send me offers or stuff even though iona was booked in my name on the old booking and hubbys on the new one. We are the bottom tier . We only have two cruises under our belt. 

off to See if I’m working or what it’s even to do with. Oh such an exciting life to lead

edit. 9pm that’s nearly my bedtime. Well least im not working. Will probably be watching this. 

do you think we will get to see anything inside or useful or is it just the ship sailing in with Gary Barlow singing 

I’ve no idea Vamps, we’ll have to wait and see!

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I’ve also had an invite and no cruises booked.

I am Caribbean, sometimes Baltic.  I got an invitation. Whilst I have 2 cruises booked on Azura I have no intention whatsoever of going on Iona (much too big for me) so I have respectfully declined my invitation.

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 1

My husband got an invite late afternoon, "Because he is a Peninsular Club member at Mediterranean level".  It seems I do not have the same importance though......

He accepted - something to do with the fact there is nothing else to do!  We were booked on an Iona Fjords for June, which we changed to from the September US/Canada cruise for this September.  Cancelled now of course and we had no other P&O cruises were booked at that stage.  He booked two Azura cruises from the newly released cruises last week direct and I booked an Aurora one from the new cruises as well, through a well used agent.

I agree it looks like they have not had takers from the previous invitees.

4 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I still have Invitation Envy 🤣

Must start whinging more....🤣

You must be in the higher tiers as well, it does seem very hit and miss.  Perhaps you should complain to make a point 🙂

When we spoke to P&O to change our cabin at the weekend the lady asked if we want our data choices updated, which she then processed for both of us.  She said it needed to be done annually to allow them to send emails etc., so it is possible that made a difference.  I had gone through all the questions myself on my loggin a couple of times over the last year mind and apparently mine was not showing as updated!!  I got the email with a link to click to confirm my choices, but still the invite and other emails only came to my husband though.  Perhaps they just choose one person per household, if so they have chosen the wrong one of us as I am the holiday freak.

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, tring said:

Perhaps they just choose one person per household, if so they have chosen the wrong one of us as I am the holiday freak.

@tringYou win the joke of the week, no hang on, the joke of the year award. P&O marketing emails targeted to a certain group. That would be a first going on the post and emails my wife and I receive. My wife works full time and has only been the 2nd Guest on a booking receives post marketing world cruises whilst I'm the one who has booked every cruise and is retired only gets marketing for 7 day cruises! Love to see that algorithm. 

• Like 1

Well, I've now received an invitation,  so the bottom of the barrel is definitely being scraped. 

Unfortunately I have a prior engagement,  watching some paint dry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I received an invitation yesterday which I accepted. Let’s face it it’s the nearest thing to cruising we have had this year - Atlantic tier. If we had not had three cruises cancelled we would have moved up to the next level. 

• Like 1

I havent had an invitation but I have only done over 30 cruises with P&O and at one stage reached the dizzy heights of Baltic obviously not good enough to receive an invitation but some who have never even cruised with P&O yet or have done very little get invites. P&O have not got any idea of the word loyalty or if they do they expect people be loyal to them but they never return it. Like a fool I recently on release booked a cruise on Iona for 2023 what a fool I was. We should be on Britannia at this moment in time butI moved it to Baltic cruise next May and said that it would be my last P&O cruise. Wish I had listened to myself and kept my promise.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1

With all this talk of invites, are we all talking about the invitation to watch on line, as opposed to actually attending in person?

I certainly wouldn't be getting worked up if I hadnt received an invite to sit in front of my own TV, drinking my own champagne !   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I havent had an invitation but I have only done over 30 cruises with P&O and at one stage reached the dizzy heights of Baltic obviously not good enough to receive an invitation but some who have never even cruised with P&O yet or have done very little get invites. P&O have not got any idea of the word loyalty or if they do they expect people be loyal to them but they never return it. Like a fool I recently on release booked a cruise on Iona for 2023 what a fool I was. We should be on Britannia at this moment in time butI moved it to Baltic cruise next May and said that it would be my last P&O cruise. Wish I had listened to myself and kept my promise.

I don’t think it’s got anything to do with loyalty. I think it’s to do with the emails they have set up on their systems as my hubby gets one I don’t but we’ve been on the same cruises in each our names. 
I’m assuming you have lots of other reasons to be feeling like that against p&o rather than no email 

Just now, MX-Drew said:

Here's a thought re this invitation email, how many people have ONLY ever booked through a TA and got an invite? Maybe you need to have booked direct?

Just a thought.🤔  

We only book through a TA and got an invite to sit in front of our TV!