Iona

Bin man

10 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

I notice on Twitter a number of people posting pictures of a package they have received to help them enjoy watching the launch....followed by outrage from those who haven’t been so lucky.

can’t wait to watch it play out on here....

They appear to be travel writers btw

They have been sent to staff, commercial and media partners and select frequent cruisers - I believe those at the very top of the loyalty tree who have accepted the invite to the online ceremony.

it’s a nice gift but not one for anybody to get upset over. I imagine those on the maiden will get the commemorative gift which is more usually worth receiving.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

I imagine those on the maiden will get the commemorative gift which is more usually worth receiving.

That sounds interesting, fingers crossed the maiden goes as planned, selfishly as we will be on board.

23 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

They have been sent to staff, commercial and media partners and select frequent cruisers - I believe those at the very top of the loyalty tree who have accepted the invite to the online ceremony.

it’s a nice gift but not one for anybody to get upset over. I imagine those on the maiden will get the commemorative gift which is more usually worth receiving.

Knowing some P&O cruisers from the past if there is anything any good or collectible they will be on sale on Ebay next week for 99p.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I have my own cocktails and nibbles ready for watching on Sunday evening 😊

Have you got information on how to watch it yet. I'm presuming it will be a link, but I haven't got anything yet.

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

The link hasn’t been sent out yet, so you’ve not missed it.

But I got an email with what I though was  an embodied link. Is that not the same thing, or perhaps, as I put it into trash, I didn't get the final invite?

57 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Hoping it's a Youtibe link so I can cast it to the TV.

That is what I was hoping. I have just hunted out the email and it says 

RSVP to watch our private livestream from the comfort of home and you’ll see even more than you could have at the quayside.

So I then looked live stream up and found this link with info (ignore the kids bit). 

https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk

I'm sure they will have it all sorted on something anyone can watch.

I do wonder if trying to pretend that allowing you watch something online, is really that special.  

Surely it would be better to issue an invitation to everyone on the P&O data base to watch,  rather than create this quasi-elitist cadre of invitees.

Or do P&O not have enough cash to allow for full internet coverage?  

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

I do wonder if trying to pretend that allowing you watch something online, is really that special.  

Surely it would be better to issue an invitation to everyone on the P&O data base to watch,  rather than create this quasi-elitist cadre of invitees.

Or do P&O not have enough cash to allow for full internet coverage?  

Perhaps the streaming platform they are using has a limit on the number of streams they can offer. Opening it to everybody on their database would be likely to be unsustainable and why limit just to their database? It could be argued that they should be aiming it non cruisers or non P&O cruisers because they would be the source of new business. Imagine the outcry if that happened. Rather than creating a ‘quasi-elitist cadre of invitees’ (a term I find vaguely insulting), they seem to be being practical in ensuring that at least some P&O cruisers are being given the opportunity to watch the stream, hopefully without buffering, freezing or any other technical glitch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just had an email:-

At 10am BST on 16 May, we’ll send the livestream link to the email address
you registered when you RSVP’d. Please click on this link at 8.45pm BST
to watch the event, which will start at 9pm BST sharp.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Perhaps the streaming platform they are using has a limit on the number of streams they can offer. Opening it to everybody on their database would be likely to be unsustainable and why limit just to their database? It could be argued that they should be aiming it non cruisers or non P&O cruisers because they would be the source of new business. Imagine the outcry if that happened. Rather than creating a ‘quasi-elitist cadre of invitees’ (a term I find vaguely insulting), they seem to be being practical in ensuring that at least some P&O cruisers are being given the opportunity to watch the stream, hopefully without buffering, freezing or any other technical glitch.

I was going to say much the same thing with regard to the streaming platform and capacity.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I have the link sent today as well, bit worrying it says make sure your device is as close as possible to the router 🤔

It sounds like you have received the same email that I have. There is no link to follow in this email. It says they will be sent on Sunday afternoon.
The advice given does seem to indicate that there are only a certain number who can watch (those invited), and any more may result in freezing, buffering etc which will spoil the experience. Sharing the link on here or any other online site / social media etc for non-invitees will almost certainly produce this effect and the whole stream is likely to be adversely affected, and may well crash.

Well I don’t know what I have done. 
hubby forwarded me the email as they don’t send me things for some reason obviously not worthy. So I clicked and rsvp. 
now I just thought maybe they won’t like it cos it could be rsvp from my email and not his. Tried his and it says the rsvp is now closed. 

so no idea 🤷‍♀️ 

maybe won’t be watching. Hubby says he’s not bothered anyway. I might have to watch on YouTube after instead 

18 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I have my own cocktails and nibbles ready for watching on Sunday evening 😊

Us too, a bottle of Peller Iced Cuvee, our pre dinner tipple from the Glass House, then ingredients for a couple of Laverstokes our gin cocktail of choice from The Crows Nest.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Just got our hamper today didn’t realise we were that far up the food chain but won’t be complaining 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Us too, a bottle of Peller Iced Cuvee, our pre dinner tipple from the Glass House, then ingredients for a couple of Laverstokes our gin cocktail of choice from The Crows Nest.

We always have one of those when we are in the glass house. My now favourite holiday drink after someone recommended it on here a few years ago 😁

• Like 1