Early January Sailings?

whitshel

3 minutes ago, mariemorgan said:

That's the part that sucks.  Lift and Shift ends November 30th.  If they don't cancel by then we are just gambling then and lost the option to lift and shift.

I have been unable to L&S....already had most of 2021 and even into early 2022 booked.  😮 

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have been unable to L&S....already had most of 2021 and even into early 2022 booked.  😮 

I got the same problem. I'd have to cancel one of my already booked cruises.

I got 2 b2bs in early jan to march 2022, plus one just before in dec 2021., chess says check mate.

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I got the same problem. I'd have to cancel one of my already booked cruises.

I got 2 b2bs in early jan to march 2022, plus one just before in dec 2021., chess says check mate.

I am doing the most simple thing possible...which gives me the choice to make on my own...ask for refund to CC.  😉 

• Like 3

The situation in Florida is in the top 3 Covid19 cases in the country. Why would anyone deliberately expose themselves to that high risk? Cruises are not going to open up to the public without test cruises and then the cdc must review and approve to start sailing. Even members of Congress are asking cdc to change back to a”no sail order”.

Hal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mariemorgan said:

That's the part that sucks.  Lift and Shift ends November 30th.  If they don't cancel by then we are just gambling then and lost the option to lift and shift.

I believe that the L&S restriction is that you have to book prior to November 30, but you can L&S on those booked cruises up to April 2022. From RCL's T&C:

"The “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before November 30, 2020, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and April 30, 2022, to opt-in for RCI’s “best price guarantee” on their current sailing, or cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing (“Lift and Shift”) or (ii) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise. Visit www.royalcaribbean.com/cruisewithconfidence for complete details."

8 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

The situation in Florida is in the top 3 Covid19 cases in the country. Why would anyone deliberately expose themselves to that high risk? Cruises are not going to open up to the public without test cruises and then the cdc must review and approve to start sailing. Even members of Congress are asking cdc to change back to a”no sail order”.

Hal

You mean the 1 congressman lol. 1 other many from the other chamber, 1 of each signed. 2 total. 

Yes all agree the order out now in effect extends the no sail probably at least thru the end of feb jumping thru hoops. No need to extend the no sail. 

Odd with all the good vaccine news out lately seems people are at a all time low being pessimistic. Easy to just give up for many .. it has been a long time with little news from the cruiselines so we dont know their timeline. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

Hal

I don't know where you are getting your information (maybe you should back your statement up with a source).   Here is the current top states with Covid cases.  Florida is not even in the top 20.  Check your figures before you make a statement like that.  

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days

• Thanks 2

Vaccines are only good if you can get the majority of the population to get it. Sad, but true, even the flu vaccine has a reasonable result, but only half the population in the us will take it. The Covid19 vaccines are extremely new and quick to market, testing was not done on a long time line and declared “safe” after a few month and a test group of oboist 50,000 volunteers. I’m in my seventies, have done over sixty cruises, did seven different cruises in 2019, only got to go on two in 2020(five more were cancelled), and had plans for six in 2021. Still, I will not get vaccinated until much later in the year when I can see that there are no major side effect to worry about. I wear a mask and social distance when I venture out of the house, so doing so on a ship simple is not vacation mode!

Hal

17 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I believe that the L&S restriction is that you have to book prior to November 30, but you can L&S on those booked cruises up to April 2022. From RCL's T&C:

"The “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before November 30, 2020, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and April 30, 2022, to opt-in for RCI’s “best price guarantee” on their current sailing, or cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing (“Lift and Shift”) or (ii) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise. Visit www.royalcaribbean.com/cruisewithconfidence for complete details."

For Lift and Shift, the new cruise has to begin by April 30, 2022.  see the highlighted sentence below.

NEW! Lift and Shift - Lift and Shift is for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. For CWC guests that are ready to move to an alternative sail date in the following year, we’re happy to price protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternative sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. However, the alternative sail date that the guest will be moved to, needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year departing on or before April 30, 2022. For example, if you are moving from a July 30, 2020 sailing, you must move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category, and the sail date should be June 30th, 2021 – August 30th, 2021. To be eligible, guests must move their booking on or before November 30th, 2020.

14 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

Island lady,

look at: statista. Com

As of today 11/18/20

1 Texas - 1,078,875

2 California - 1,054,766

3 Florida - 897,323

4 Illinois - 587,656

Hal

OK, did that, and sadly, you are wrong.

Cases per capita.JPG

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Ohhhhh I was thinking that wouldn't be an option after November 30th!  Like we had to choose that before then or it wouldn't be an option.  That makes me feel a little better.

Edited by mariemorgan

22 minutes ago, mariemorgan said:

Ohhhhh I was thinking that wouldn't be an option after November 30th!  Like we had to choose that before then or it wouldn't be an option.  That makes me feel a little better.

I think you were right.  It says at the end:   To be eligible, guests must move their booking on or before November 30th, 2020.

1 hour ago, HS2BS said:

Vaccines are only good if you can get the majority of the population to get it. Sad, but true, even the flu vaccine has a reasonable result, but only half the population in the us will take it. The Covid19 vaccines are extremely new and quick to market, testing was not done on a long time line and declared “safe” after a few month and a test group of oboist 50,000 volunteers. I’m in my seventies, have done over sixty cruises, did seven different cruises in 2019, only got to go on two in 2020(five more were cancelled), and had plans for six in 2021. Still, I will not get vaccinated until much later in the year when I can see that there are no major side effect to worry about. I wear a mask and social distance when I venture out of the house, so doing so on a ship simple is not vacation mode!

Hal

Not me, I've read and listened to some in the study and I'm satisfied.

Also new is the vaccine may last years, though this new study was only on 185 as not enough have had it long enough to measure antibodies. 

Anything that might lessen my chances to get it, I'll do for the sake of my elderly parents. Sign me up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HS2BS said:

Island lady,

look at: statista. Com

As of today 11/18/20

1 Texas - 1,078,875

2 California - 1,054,766

3 Florida - 897,323

4 Illinois - 587,656

Hal

Gee the top 3 are also the largest states in population so their total numbers will be higher but that doesn’t make them the worst 3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Not me, I've read and listened to some in the study and I'm satisfied.

Also new is the vaccine may last years, though this new study was only on 185 as not enough have had it long enough to measure antibodies. 

Anything that might lessen my chances to get it, I'll do for the sake of my elderly parents. Sign me up. 

Just to clarify, the 185 number is the number of people in the study who became infected, not the number of people in the study. The number of people in the study is 30,000+. The effectivity % is based on only 8 of the people who became infected were given the vaccine, the other 177 infected people received the placebo. They will monitor all 30,000+ for the next two years to determine the longevity of the vaccine's effectiveness.

15 hours ago, mariemorgan said:

Sorry,

The ability to lift and shift ends Nov. 30th 2030 unless extended.

The April 2022 date is the last sailing that you can shift to as long as the shift is done by November. 30th

16 hours ago, orville99 said:

The lift and shift must be completed by Nov. 30th for sailings that depart no later than April 30, 3022

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is what I did for January and will probably end up doing for April, too.

Just waiting for RCI to cancel my B2B January sailing now.  AND the rest of the Aussie cruise season.  Frustrating to wait month by month.  😕

22 hours ago, cellfree said:

Do we think that Royal will cruise out of Port of Tampa in March? Awhile back I read that Tampa was not having ships sail until March or April. I do not remember the source. Of course I realize none of us know when anything will sail again. Just sort of wondering about the Tampa Port situation.

I think the only reliable ports in March will be Miami and Fort Lauderdale.