Check in for Feb 21 Liberty says proof of prior test required.

firefly333

I thought if they are testing when we board, didnt have to test before we board. Well that's a surprise.

I dont cruise until april now, but likely the same. Hopefully the lines to get tested go down by then. 2 hours or more right now. 

I was also hoping to be vaccinated by april 25. And they would take that. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I thought if they are testing when we board, didnt have to test before we board. Well that's a surprise.

I dont cruise until april now, but likely the same. Hopefully the lines to get tested go down by then. 2 hours or more right now. 

I was also hoping to be vaccinated by april 25. And they would take that. 

As far as I understood it was always a double test.  Part of what the cruise lines in Europe helped eliminate a false positive or negative.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I have a B2B in April. I can get a test prior to boarding but I wonder if they will want another test before the 2nd leg?

And I'm wondering if proof I'm vaccinated is enough. As a over 65 taking care of elderly, I expect to get it before april 25th. ...wheels will turn slowly, my guess is I still need a test.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And I'm wondering if proof I'm vaccinated is enough. As a over 65 taking care of elderly, I expect to get it before april 25th. ...wheels will turn slowly, my guess is I still need a test.

i would bet testing is still required as getting the vaccine does not guarantee 100% that you can't still catch and or carry and spread the virus.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, edspec said:

I don't think they're holding out, I don't think they know.

I agree. I also have some summer cruises that are only two days apart (I live near the port).  That is probably not going to be doable, it is currently in South Florida taking 2-4 days to get test results back. 

15 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I agree. I also have some summer cruises that are only two days apart (I live near the port).  That is probably not going to be doable, it is currently in South Florida taking 2-4 days to get test results back. 

Testing could change dramatically 6 months from now.  6 months ago most were waiting weeks not days

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 minutes ago, cruizinmimi said:

What kind of test....rapid test or PCR test prior to reaching embarkation?

They're probably going to cancel through March anyway.  Who knows what will be required 4+ months from now.  Not worth even speculating at this point.

• Like 2

I'm curious what the earliest cruise is that they are allowing people to check in. Are they checking in people for January cruises? While not the final answer, if they are allowing people to check in, it at least gives hope that the cruie line expects (hopes?) to be cruising.

9 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’m wondering if they’ll let people cancel if they choose not to do a pretest and then another test. 

There is always cwc allowing you to cancel and take the deposit as a fcc, but until cruises start who knows. 

I kept april because I kept hearing vaccines would be out this year. Today news said they expected seniors by feb or march, the rest by April. The dates keep being moved up. I'm not crazy about getting tested myself but will do it if I have to. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm curious what the earliest cruise is that they are allowing people to check in. Are they checking in people for January cruises? While not the final answer, if they are allowing people to check in, it at least gives hope that the cruie line expects (hopes?) to be cruising.

Sorry but there's going to be NO cruises in January.

20 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Sorry no.   Check in and actually sailing and mutually exclusive  events.  I don't bother checking in anymore, but  several cruises allowed check after the check in opened and up until the day the cruise was cancelled.

M

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm curious what the earliest cruise is that they are allowing people to check in. Are they checking in people for January cruises? While not the final answer, if they are allowing people to check in, it at least gives hope that the cruise line expects (hopes?) to be cruising.

Sure you can ahead and check in on any cruise that is within 90-days but I wouldn't waste the paper and print the set sail pass.     I was able to check in to my December cruise but never bothered, knowing it would be cancelled.    I have a Jan. 9th cruise, I'm not going to bother.    We should hear something from Royal early December (hopefully sooner).

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There is always cwc allowing you to cancel and take the deposit as a fcc, but until cruises start who knows. 

I kept april because I kept hearing vaccines would be out this year. Today news said they expected seniors by feb or march, the rest by April. The dates keep being moved up. I'm not crazy about getting tested myself but will do it if I have to. 

Long-term, testing everyone is not going to be practical.  At some point they will probably just want proof of vaccination.  If you are not able to provide that, then you will need to take a test.  This will probably be true with many activities, like going to concerts and football games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last I heard from their Healthy Sail Panel they were requiring everyone to get a covid test up to 3 or 5 days before arriving at Port/Terminal.    Then they will do their own covid test at the terminal.     Pretty sure that is how MSC and others are doing it in Europe.

I think in Europe the two tests are required if you are arriving from another country, otherwise it would just be one test at the port.  

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I lifted and shifted mine but am still in the group.

Someone just checked in today and got this. I thought rcl was doing the testing?

20201124_131221.jpg

I am assuming that they are referring to one rapid test done at the port.  This is the way that I have seen it done on several European cruise check-in YouTube videos.  

15 minutes ago, travelhound said:

Long-term, testing everyone is not going to be practical.  At some point they will probably just want proof of vaccination.  If you are not able to provide that, then you will need to take a test.  This will probably be true with many activities, like going to concerts and football games.

Testing until Nov 1 is a CDC requirement.