Check in for Feb 21 Liberty says proof of prior test required.

firefly333

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Canadians can fly down right now without any problem. They just can't cross at land border and drive down.  .

Thousands have done it.

And how does that make any sense? The U.S. - Canadian border is the last place that should ever be shut down. I have nothing but good feelings for Canada.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And how does that make any sense? The U.S. - Canadian border is the last place that should ever be shut down. I have nothing but good feelings for Canada.

Thank you, it doesn't make any sense. I won't comment more because I have been striving to be apolitical on CC. I know several Canadian snowbirds currently in FL, AZ and CA. They simply flew down and contracted a long term vehicle rental since they were prohibited from driving across the border. When they return to Canada in March/April they will be required quarantine for 14 days if the rules currently in place remain.

Our home is California now (I have a work visa) but we have been back in Canada since mid Feb. dealing with both personal and business matters.  We are about to move back to the US.  We could have gone home any time if we had flown direct from Vancouver to the closest major Airport to our home.   Oddly, you are not allowed a connecting flight.  However, we had both vehicles with us while were up here and had we chosen that route we would have had to leave them in Canada in storage until the border restriction was rescinded and then returned to pick them up and drive them across the border. That would have been way too inconvenient. We recently were granted an exemption for crossing as an essential worker.   Under DHS's identification of essential workers my vocation was not explicitly permitted, it isn't exactly a common field.  We requested to be included under a specifically included category that we are closely related to and were recently approved.  I've got a couple more weeks to get everything wrapped up up here and I'll be spending Christmas in my own home. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Canadians can fly down right now without any problem. They just can't cross at land border and drive down.  .

Thousands have done it.

Problem for us for our March 2021 cruise, which I cancelled a few days ago, is we live in southern Ontario and always fly from Detroit (or Buffalo), not Toronto.  Prices are much better, flight time options are better, the US airports are less chaotic.

For this reason, I had already previously purchased tickets Detroit to Fort Lauderdale, but I am not permitted to drive 2 hours to the Detroit airport for my flight to Florida, but I can drive the same 2 hours in the opposite direction to Toronto for my flight to the same destination.  I purchased these flights many months ago when we had no idea that the cruising pause would last so long.

3 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Problem for us for our March 2021 cruise, which I cancelled a few days ago, is we live in southern Ontario and always fly from Detroit (or Buffalo), not Toronto.  Prices are much better, flight time options are better, the US airports are less chaotic.

For this reason, I had already previously purchased tickets Detroit to Fort Lauderdale, but I am not permitted to drive 2 hours to the Detroit airport for my flight to Florida, but I can drive the same 2 hours in the opposite direction to Toronto for my flight to the same destination.  I purchased these flights many months ago when we had no idea that the cruising pause would last so long.

That and the 14 day quarantine upon return would be pretty onerous as well. 14 days in home prison for a 7 day cruise is going to dissuade almost any Canadian from trying... Even if you could get the requisite test and results in time.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That and the 14 day quarantine upon return would be pretty onerous as well. 14 days in home prison for a 7 day cruise is going to dissuade almost any Canadian from trying... Even if you could get the requisite test and results in time.  

Many U.S. States require 14 day quarentine after high risk travel and you cannot get out of it with a negative test.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Many U.S. States require 14 day quarentine after high risk travel and you cannot get out of it with a negative test.

I knew there were some states that did but I have no idea which ones do. I know CA,OR and WA are requesting it but not mandating it nor enforcing anything.  Those are the only states I plan on being in for the next few months.  After that we'll see what happens.  I'm supposed to be in TX OK and KY in April and May.

Edited by Tree_skier

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I knew there were some states that did but I have no idea which ones do. I know CA,OR and WA are requesting it but not mandating it nor enforcing anything.  Those are the only states I plan on being in for the next few months.  After that we'll see what happens.  I'm supposed to be in TX OK and KY in April and May.

I'm not sure but hawaii had a quarantine and alaska had added a test and quarantine. NY didnt want us Texans and some others. As far as I know ny still doesnt want Texans. Stopping people on some bridge to check their license. 

Move to florida, it's the only wide open state I know of. Let's hope this goes away in 6 months. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Alberta is now doing a test and Ontario is pushing for the same kind of testing.  

Upon return to Canada you take a Covid test and only need to quarantine until your negative test cones back in 2 to 3 days. After that you are free and then you must get tested again in another 5 days. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 11:19 PM, firefly333 said:

Move to florida, it's the only wide open state I know of. Let's hope this goes away in 6 months. 

We're heading  to Florida in a few weeks and will be there until spring 🙂  Won't miss the snow or our lockdown governor.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2020 at 10:49 PM, Tree_skier said:

The same goes for NY. I have no problem staying home for two weeks. It would force me to do things around the house that I have been putting off. However I still work and now you are talking about using 3 weeks of paid time off whether it's sick time or vacation time. God forbid you actually get covid. That's another 2 weeks after you recover.  We can't even go and visit family in Florida at this point.

On 11/24/2020 at 7:22 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

What are they going to do about those who already had Covid but are far past the infectious stage but can still test positive for Covid up to three months after already having it?

Dan

On 11/25/2020 at 8:40 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

So those that are less risk of getting or giving COVID to others are not allowed to sail?  

I’m not up to speed on the latest rules from Royal Caribbean, but if someone gets Covid after final payment (and may very well test positive all the way up to the sail date ) will royal give them a full refund including deposit?.

It’s completely not fair to those who get Covid and have recovered to not allow them to sail.

Dan

Some further official insight into my previous comments. 
This is from the policy for the Singapore Quantum sailing leaving today  

“Guests who have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 in the past 180 days before embarking, or hold a positive serology certificate dated during this timeframe, will not be able to receive a PCR test, and are therefore unable to cruise.”

44 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

“Guests who have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 in the past 180 days before embarking, or hold a positive serology certificate dated during this timeframe, will not be able to receive a PCR test, and are therefore unable to cruise.”

Holy moly I sure hope I dont catch it even more. Even if I recover wouldnt get my april 25th cruise. I keep seeing posts april has no chance to go, even out of Galveston. I'm holding out hope. I sure need my cruise. 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Thank you for this!  I would guess that this would carry over to US sailings as well.  

WOW, 180 days!  That's a lot of folks who are not able to cruise for quite some time after contracting COVID.  For us, this makes it very hard to plan or book a cruise IMO.  Sure, RCI can provide you with cruise credit if you need to cancel, but I'm not sure what policies airlines will have by the time cruising starts up again in the US.  For those of us living up north, flying is much preferred for many of us.

Looking forward to when things are back to "normal" whenever that is.

Dan

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Wow

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

How would they know if you had it before?  Are they going to check some central database?

This is a very good point, but from the viewpoint of those who have had Covid but were asymptomatic and never knew they had it.  I could be wrong about the numbers, but I seem to remember a statistic that says around 40% of Covid cases are those who are asymptomatic and don’t even know it.

They might be in for a rude surprise when they get their Covid test three or so days before the cruise and find out they are positive.  You can easily test positive for Covid 2 to 3 months after having had it even though you are not contagious, and probably safer to be on board than those who have not had it

Dan

FWIW, I can finally check in for my Freedom cruise.  (I doubt it will sail)  It has some of the same requirements and you need to download the app.  Not a problem for me.  I'm guessing it will be for some.

You are required to download the mobile app prior to sailing

• Access your digital boarding pass
  • Answer the health questions on the app the day before your sailing
  • Board safely, quickly, and with confidence
  • Like 1