Check in for Feb 21 Liberty says proof of prior test required.

firefly333

8 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

For Canadians who drive to Florida to do a cruise (there are a bunch of them) who take a couple days to drive down there, it will be difficult to get a test in the 24 hours to 3 day time frame.

Could be difficult for all of us. I'm telling myself one step at a time. The free test here last time I heard took 2 weeks for results often. I have no idea right now where I'd get test results fast enough to fit whatever that test is they are asking for. 

April 25th. First cruise. Hopefully then I too will know of a place to test with faster results. Before I read 5 days before, now check in has shortened it to 3 days before. 

Lol there could be a lot of cancellations once we restart and some great deals like biker says. People might decide ... I think I'll wait, or lift that cruise to later.

Just now, firefly333 said:

Yep exactly what I'm worried about. 

I suspect the rules will change when whoever it is that came up with this bright idea sees that it can't work. If not then I would consider cancelling. I am not going on vacation just so I can be stressed out instead of enjoying the anticipation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

For Canadians who drive to Florida to do a cruise (there are a bunch of them) who take a couple days to drive down there, it will be difficult to get a test in the 24 hours to 3 day time frame.

You should be able to have the results e mailed to you.  Unless you are leaving more than 3 days ahead if time it shouldn’t be an issue and if your leaving a lot earlier just arrange for a test down south at an added expense. 

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You should be able to have the results e mailed to you.  Unless you are leaving more than 3 days ahead if time it shouldn’t be an issue and if your leaving a lot earlier just arrange for a test down south at an added expense. 

So will they take a screen shot? I dont know how to use my smart phone live hardly, just never have the need.

I usually leave a morning ahead of my cruise  which cuts it down to half the time to get results and print them out. I have a printer at home. 

But I'm just not going to worry, but I did notice they cut the time down to 3 days. Maybe I cant do a hotel before and drive down the day of, ...let cruises resume and see how others are coping, but cant help being a little worried. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

But I'm just not going to worry, but I did notice they cut the time down to 3 days. Maybe I cant do a hotel before and drive down the day of, ...let cruises resume and see how others are coping, but cant help being a little worried. 

It's no longer within 5 days?

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I rarely get PCR tests back that I order for patients in less than 48 hrs. and 72 hrs. is not unusual. This is not going to work for a lot of people. 

I know.  If you are flying in to Florida to cruise, you usually go in a day or two early.  That would mean the test would have to be done and the results obtained in that single 24 hour period prior to departing to Florida.  Right now, there is no way to get a test done and results within 24 hours here.

10 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

That would mean the test would have to be done and the results obtained in that single 24 hour period prior to departing to Florida.

I dint k ow anyone here that has had a test done but I’m assuming that they received the results by phone or email and didn’t have to physically go back to where they were tested to get the results.  Not sure why it would matter where you are as long as you can be contacted. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In the U.S. electronic communication of medical information requires certain levels of encryption because of privacy laws. I never send anything to a patient's e-mail address or leave any results on voicemail. Violation of medical privacy laws has severe penatlies. I don't risk it. The laws specifically address any information that originates from a computer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

In the U.S. electronic communication of medical information requires certain levels of encryption because of privacy laws. I never send anything to a patient's e-mail address or leave any results on voicemail.

So your patients give to come back to your office to pick up a copy of the negative test?  If they authorized you to e mail it to them could you?

I am able to log in and get and print my monthly bloodwork,  and I was also able to get my Covid antibody test result that way. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I dint k ow anyone here that has had a test done but I’m assuming that they received the results by phone or email and didn’t have to physically go back to where they were tested to get the results.  Not sure why it would matter where you are as long as you can be contacted. 

I would be pretty bummed if I got a test done in Ontario, did not get the results back immediately, flew to Florida and still had no results when the ship was set to sail.  A lot of stress.  I know people who have had tests done and did not get results back for over 2 weeks.  People I know who have had them done lately get them back in a few days now.  Still worrisome.

2 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I would be pretty bummed if I got a test done in Ontario, did not get the results back immediately, flew to Florida and still had no results when the ship was set to sail.  A lot of stress.  I know people who have had tests done and did not get results back for over 2 weeks.  People I know who have had them done lately get them back in a few days now.  Still worrisome.

If you think about it then it would effect everyone in the US that has to fly to get to a port and not just those from Canada.  

They need to set up a system like sone of the cruise lines in Europe did. They contracted with certain healthcare provides fir the testing and the results were sent directly to the cruise line.

far too much variation in the length of time to get results back across both countries. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So your patients give to come back to your office to pick up a copy of the negative test?  If they authorized you to e mail it to them could you?

I am able to log in and get and print my monthly bloodwork,  and I was also able to get my Covid antibody test result that way. 

Some labs and hospitals have protocols in place were patients can log in and get their results.  That is very different from me sending sonething by e-mail.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you think about it then it would effect everyone in the US that has to fly to get to a port and not just those from Canada.  

They need to set up a system like sone of the cruise lines in Europe did. They contracted with certain healthcare provides fir the testing and the results were sent directly to the cruise line.

far too much variation in the length of time to get results back across both countries. 

No U.S. health care provider is going to send protected health information directly to a cruise line.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So it appears that would be the way for anyone cruising to get the test done. 

Yes, if the results are ready and the person is computer literate and has access from wherever they are.

The chances of the results not being ready is too stressful for my tastes.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, if the results are ready and the person is computer literate and has access from wherever they are.

The chances of the results not being ready is too stressful for my tastes.

👆🏻This

The patient portal our practice uses seems to take 24-36 hours for most information to be posted after it is actually available for me to review. 

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Everything is an unknown at this point

For what it's worth Jason from ezcruiseparking says you can get the pcur test in Galveston for about $125, expensive, but fast results. West end medical in Galveston. I just asked him if I came in can I go get the test in Galveston. He said yes. But not cheap. 

Hes a big video guy in Galveston during covid lol. I figured he would know. 

So it's possible to drive down the day before and get test there near the port he says. 

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Right now there's no possibility for Canadians to come to the US, so one step at a time... 

But once you can, there are many places enroute that you could stop and be tested. 

This whole Covid adventure is a story to which we do not know the ending or even the next chapter. 

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

Right now there's no possibility for Canadians to come to the US, so one step at a time... 

But once you can, there are many places enroute that you could stop and be tested. 

This whole Covid adventure is a story to which we do not know the ending or even the next chapter. 

How does getting tested enroute solve any of the issues being discussed? Do you just pick an exit on I-95 and pull in somewhere to get a PCR started that will still take 2-3 days minimum to get the results? You can do that before leaving home.

In my opinion only, PCR tests in the required time frame are a big issue.

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I think its page 3 of this thread where someone posted the email they got when they checked in. Said 3 days to 24 hours before I think. I'll go back later and look for it if you dont see it.

2 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Canadians can fly down right now without any problem. They just can't cross at land border and drive down.  .

Thousands have done it.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Here is what I could copy of the email for feb check ins.

I think a 2 day window is too tight myself. Was bad enough before...

------------------

We're counting down the days until your sailing with us! Here are your next steps to ensure a smooth and healthy boarding day.  

• Schedule and take a rtPCR SARS-CoV-2 test (between 24 hours and 3 days before your cruise), and bring your negative test result with you on your sail day.  
    • If the name on your results doesn’t match your travel documents, be sure to bring a bridging document that proves it’s you.
  • Answer your required health questions on the app the day before you sail. You'll get a notification from our app when it's open. 
  • Need to view your Health Acknowledgement one more time? Find it here.
  • Download the TraceTogether app or collect the TraceTogether (TT) token, which is required to board the ship.

• Be sure to keep important items like travel documents, test results and face mask somewhere easy to reach! You'll need them from the moment you arrive to the port all the way to boarding the ship. 
  • Parking space will be very limited, so we highly recommend being dropped off at Level 2 of the terminal during your arrival time.  ...
  • Thanks 1