Did Allure get amplified

Travelw

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

. Everything else (Amplification) was cancelled.

Maybe they do this in 2022 as the Allure is returning to the Med in 2022.

steamboats

I was just about to book the TA out of Fort Lauderdale on the Allure Spring 2022.

no idea what an amplification is , though I’m assuming  it’s a some sort of a dry dock ?

I may have to reconsider 

Lyannea

59 minutes ago, lyannea said:

I was just about to book the TA out of Fort Lauderdale on the Allure Spring 2022.

no idea what an amplification is , though I’m assuming  it’s a some sort of a dry dock ?

I may have to reconsider 

Lyannea

It's a massive "upgrade". I've put the word in inverted commas because there are lots of people who think it would be best left alone. One huge bone of contention is the adding of the big purple slide called the ultimate abyss, which some consider to be an eyesore and which will largely block the view of the aqua theatre and beyond to the sea from the boardwalk and boardwalk staterooms.

Others, however, are hugely excited about it and are booking Allure precisely because of the amplification.  

And still others, who had booked on her expecting her to be amplified in time for their sailings are, or are considering, cancelling.

There's no right answer but you can read about in this CC article and make up your own mind:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4248/

• Thanks 1

was on the Allure just before the world stop. she had a problem with propulsion system in one of the pods. she was sailing a bit slow on our cruise. we all have opinion on the amp being done on the OASIS class. i for one hate the big slide and the diamond lounge being moved. So Allure is not going to be Amp for a while now since RCL will not have the money. She is a very nice ship as is. Already booked for Ft Lauderdale sailing. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, strathcona said:

was on the Allure just before the world stop. she had a problem with propulsion system in one of the pods. she was sailing a bit slow on our cruise. we all have opinion on the amp being done on the OASIS class. i for one hate the big slide and the diamond lounge being moved. So Allure is not going to be Amp for a while now since RCL will not have the money. She is a very nice ship as is. Already booked for Ft Lauderdale sailing. 

As am I.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Booked February 2022 for an 8 nighter, I’m glad she wasn’t amped

Jan 2022 for me. I really like 8 nighters out of Ft. Lauderdale. This will be my fourth time on Allure and I, too, am very happy for the postponing of the "amp".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

Nope, they only did the needed work to get her classified again and they worked on the azipods. Everything else (Amplification) was cancelled.

Maybe they do this in 2022 as the Allure is returning to the Med in 2022.

steamboats

Something tells me this will be low on their priority list money wise after all this is over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Something tells me this will be low on their priority list money wise after all this is over.

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

would not surprise me to see amplification delayed until next mandatory dry dock. 2025??

Most of the parts are already fabricated as they were waiting to build them in. So I doubt this will have to wait til 2025. And so far RCG has taken over the newbuildts (like Celebrity Apex) and the the Odyssey of the Seas has only been delayed due to the ship yard restrictions. So I don´t think money is the reason they won´t do it.

And there actually is no reason to send the ship to the Med in 2022.

steamboats

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steamboats said:

Other than the Oasis class ships out of Barcelona have been very successful and there wasn't one that was die for a drydock this year.

I don't think they will do the full range of additions they had planned however I think they will do some of the additions that are the least costly that add some of the WOW factor.

• Like 1

I was on the Allure beginning of Jan. 2020 and found her to be just fine other the work needed for the propulsion which was done while she has been sitting in Europe.     I personally do not care for the purple slide abyss but they didn't ask me!    Our cabin was in great shape and I did not see any reason to upgrade her, just regular maintenance should be fine.   

If you book for 2022 I am sure you will enjoy everything she has to offer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Most of the parts are already fabricated as they were waiting to build them in. So I doubt this will have to wait til 2025. And so far RCG has taken over the newbuildts (like Celebrity Apex) and the the Odyssey of the Seas has only been delayed due to the ship yard restrictions. So I don´t think money is the reason they won´t do it.

steamboats

Yet they just announced a stock deal to raise $1,000,000,000.00 (billion) to simply maintain status quo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

I never mentioned 2025 or sending the ship to the Mediterranean.

13 hours ago, FionaMG said:

It's a massive "upgrade". I've put the word in inverted commas because there are lots of people who think it would be best left alone. One huge bone of contention is the adding of the big purple slide called the ultimate abyss, which some consider to be an eyesore and which will largely block the view of the aqua theatre and beyond to the sea from the boardwalk and boardwalk staterooms.

Others, however, are hugely excited about it and are booking Allure precisely because of the amplification.  

And still others, who had booked on her expecting her to be amplified in time for their sailings are, or are considering, cancelling.

There's no right answer but you can read about in this CC article and make up your own mind:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4248/

That purple slide ruined the view.  I would book one of the first three Boardwalk balconies from the end so I could sit on the balcony at night and watch all the Aqua shows and movies.  I tried it once with the purple slide and discovered it blocked over 60% of the view.

• Like 2