RCCL Prices

Alcairns

am astounded at the prices RCCL are now charging. A three night cruise from Southampton on the Odyssey is £2,022 per person for a Grand suite. We are booked in to a Queens grill suite on the Queen Elizabeth for £1,395 for a similar length cruise. Cunard provided butler service and private dining. Is this because the ship will be sailing half full? 

It's also the maiden voyage and it's a bank holiday weekend, so that probably bumps up the price. Also RCCL seem to charge higher prices per day for their sailings from Southampton than they do from US ports, in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No, because RCI thinks people will pay it.

Exactly - and initially they might, but my personal opinion is prices are going to come down for all ships as we get into 2022 and beyond.

Edited by mek

2 hours ago, mek said:

Exactly - and initially they might, but my personal opinion is prices are going to come down for all ships as we get into 2022 and beyond.

I tend to agree..... an immediate spending blow out of people in the "as soon as we're allowed" mentality and then a downturn.....

3 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

I tend to agree..... an immediate spending blow out of people in the "as soon as we're allowed" mentality and then a downturn.....

And although there seems to be large number of those people on CC, I seriously doubt that the general public will be booking cruises at lightening speed.  Money might be an issue, a lot of people have a very negative opinion of cruising right now, some like me are in a wait and see mode to make sure the cruise lines will still offer a product I'm interested in.  

I think it's going to be a bumpy few years for most lines and they will start offering all kinds of deals to entice people back on their ships.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm hoping they extend the expiration date on the FCC's.    We have 4 large ones and 4 or 6 small ones.  

Lol at least you know. I moved some so I guess that makes the deposit a fcc? They been moved and switched and lifted so much, I have no idea. My poor TA. 

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol at least you know. I moved some so I guess that makes the deposit a fcc? They been moved and switched and lifted so much, I have no idea. My poor TA. 

25 yrs not using an actual TA this first about wished had. Last 6 months 25+ Cruises Booked/canceled/changed with 1/3 refunds, 1/3 FCC and still have 5-8 more that will be Canceled/Changed. Trying keep track whats what, Wow!

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I priced out all the major lines for an August cruise for my family four. RCCL had the worst value pricing by far .... even worse than Celebrity, Princess, and Holland. I don’t even consider them anymore ....

Few months ago Royal had cheap August Cruises. My prices have almost Doubled since them...

Edited by ONECRUISER

18 hours ago, Alcairns said:

am astounded at the prices RCCL are now charging. A three night cruise from Southampton on the Odyssey is £2,022 per person for a Grand suite. We are booked in to a Queens grill suite on the Queen Elizabeth for £1,395 for a similar length cruise. Cunard provided butler service and private dining. Is this because the ship will be sailing half full? 

The same as buying a new car or a ten year old one .You habe a choice 🙄

22 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

25 yrs not using an actual TA this first about wished had. Last 6 months 25+ Cruises Booked/canceled/changed with 1/3 refunds, 1/3 FCC and still have 5-8 more that will be Canceled/Changed. Trying keep track whats what, Wow!

I'm feeling bad for all the unpaid work my ta has done, but so glad hes been there to handle it. I'd be lost. And rcl has been little help, lol the last 3 reps I talked to tried to tell me solo cabins didnt exist, the code was a glitch. I dont think they seem well trained at least most answering generic phone calls, so glad of a ta who knows each ship.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm feeling bad for all the unpaid work my ta has done, but so glad hes been there to handle it. I'd be lost. And rcl has been little help, lol the last 3 reps I talked to tried to tell me solo cabins didnt exist, the code was a glitch. I dont think they seem well trained at least most answering generic phone calls, so glad of a ta who knows each ship.

Had same Royal Personal Vacation Planner for 4-5yrs. Back then just shoot him a text and he'd make changes or apply reductions for me. Miss him and that option I had then...

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Had same Royal Personal Vacation Planner for 4-5yrs. Back then just shoot him a text and he'd make changes or apply reductions for me. Miss him and that option I had then...

They assigned me one when I came back to cruising earlier this year. 3 times I tried and after 3 days she never called back when I wanted to book. Then she moved to her house and she said there were problems but that took a month. 

She never gave me her email, just a phone number. I finally said got it booked and she said she was glad. I thought a odd response, since I was thinking... because you failed to get back to me. She has a nice voice though lol. 

• Haha 1