Oceania Cancels All Voyages Through March 31, 2021

njhorseman

A couple of April voyages are also cancelled:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/coronavirus-statement

December 2 Update

At Oceania Cruises, the health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew and the communities we visit have always been and remain our highest priority. Given the continued global efforts to combat the spread of the global COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, we are extending our suspension of voyages to include all voyage departures from January 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021 plus select April voyage departures.

The voyages impacted by this extension in pause of vessel operations include the following 2021 voyage departures:

Regatta – February 16, March 5, March 15, March 25, April 4

Nautica – January 5, January 19, February 2, March 4, March 18

Marina – January 8, January 18, January 28, February 17, March 9, March 19, April 9

Riviera – January 3, January 13, January 27, February 6, February 16, February 26, March 10, March 20

Sirena – January 5, January 20, February 4, February 28, March 10

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

Really? Glad I cancelled my March cruise months ago. 

Smart.  I was going to cancel my January cruise but realized I would incur a $250 cancellation

fee so decided to pay final thinking I would be able to get refund when it cancelled.  Guess I better look for somewhere to move it before the 1000's of other start moving their cruises.

31 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I noticed they are not offering anyone a refund- just the FCC

Yes they are offering refunds.  Just have to look to the bottom of their press release and you will find it.   No way they can keep your money. 

Paulchili;

I owe you on a bet lost. 😢 Email me your address at pinotlover at Hotmail dot com and you’ll have it for the holidays.

Your 49ers have been ran out of town and left the State! CA is rich , but that’s a lot of income tax the State lost in that maneuver. Does SF have an occupational tax they now won’t be collecting?

6 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

head out of sand time

Is that supposed to be a link? If so it doesn't work. If you have a point perhaps you could make it, as I don't really know what you're trying to say. 

• Like 1

I predicted this move. They are well presold into the future. No new release until ATW 23 in Jan or Feb. No more requests for fake air bookings, shore excursions, or restaurants. Cut manpower to save cash.

Move all the losses into 2020 to help clean up 2021 books. 

29 minutes ago, RJB said:

Yes they are offering refunds.  Just have to look to the bottom of their press release and you will find it.   No way they can keep your money. 

That's correct. It's not discretionary.

We were on Marina's April 9th transatlantic. Last month I guessed that cruise would not occur, so I switched it to a Riviera cruise in the Med for spring '22 (booked Marina onboard the Sirena last Dec., so an easy switch). Looks like I was prescient!

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Paulchili;

I owe you on a bet lost. 😢 Email me your address at pinotlover at Hotmail dot com and you’ll have it for the holidays.

Your 49ers have been ran out of town and left the State! CA is rich , but that’s a lot of income tax the State lost in that maneuver. Does SF have an occupational tax they now won’t be collecting?

Pinotlover,

You are a gentleman and good for your word - that means a lot and is much appreciated.

Not sure about the lost tax revenue. Also, they now play in Santa Clara so beyond the name they have no ties to the city of SF. Unfortunately this year, like all of 2020, has been cursed for them with injuries to too many key players, They should be back before the end of the season if local COVID situation improves.

Maybe next year will be a better year 😀

I just got word from my travel agent the 4 Mar-1 Apr Singapore-Tokyo cruise has been "suspended" -- what really seems to be "cancelled."  I was offered a refund of my deposit, or the alternative of "best price" on similar/equivalent itineraries in 2022.  If you're already paid in full, they're offering a 125% future cruise credit, or a 100% refund.  Oh, well....

Here's the operative wording for the PAID IN FULL refund/alternative:

"To make up for the inconvenience of this suspension, guests who are currently booked on this voyage that are paid in full with cash funds (credit card, check, bank wire) will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit worth 125% of the cruise fare paid.  This is our way of providing even more value to our loyal guests to cruise with us at a later date. This Future Cruise Credit will be issued automatically and may be applied to any voyage on Oceania Cruises anywhere in the world through December 31, 2022 that is booked by December 2, 2021. For guests who prefer to forego the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a full refund option is available. Please contact your Travel Advisor or our Guest Services team no later than close of business December 16, 2020 if you prefer to be issued a 100% refund."

Here's the operative wording of the DEPOSIT ONLY refund/alternative:

"If your reservation has been deposited or paid in full utilizing a previously issued Future Cruise Credit, your Future Cruise Credit will be re-issued for the amount that was applied. Future Cruise Credits are not redeemable for cash refunds. 

If you wish to book a similar or identical itinerary for 2022, we encourage you to review the voyage suggestion(s) listed below. You can reserve the dream voyage of your choosing with total peace of mind and confidence knowing that every sailing is covered by our Best Price Guarantee. Should a better public promotion or price become available, up to the date of sailing, you may take advantage of it.

Suggested Alternate Voyage(s)

Nautica – March 8, 2022 – 28 days – Singapore to Tokyo

Insignia – March 19, 2022 – 28 days – Tokyo to Bangkok"

3 hours ago, gnld said:

We were on Marina's April 9th transatlantic. Last month I guessed that cruise would not occur, so I switched it to a Riviera cruise in the Med for spring '22 (booked Marina onboard the Sirena last Dec., so an easy switch). Looks like I was prescient!

We had booked same cruise after 9/20 London-Montreal was cancelled due to reinstating Cuba embargo. I cancelled this one back in June, realizing how long it would likely take to get back to somewhat normal, & my TA said the industry would be in real trouble if not back running by then. Booked 4/22 Papeete-LA instead, so here's hoping 3rd time's a charm!!