Oceania Cancels All Voyages Through March 31, 2021

njhorseman

As I understand it his intent was to render the vaccine useless.  He apparently did it two nights in a row.  To make matters worse, some of his coworkers were injected with some of the neutered vaccines thinking they were getting the real thing.  Hard to imagine the thought process behind such atrocious behavior.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

As I understand it his intent was to render the vaccine useless.  He apparently did it two nights in a row.  To make matters worse, some of his coworkers were injected with some of the neutered vaccines thinking they were getting the real thing.  Hard to imagine the thought process behind such atrocious behavior.

"Cuckoo."

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I would imagine that this offense would be sufficient to terminate his pharmacist license in addition to whatever other charges he may face.

8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I would imagine that this offense would be sufficient to terminate his pharmacist license in addition to whatever other charges he may face.

One would hope.  He has been charged with several felonies.

Here in FL, Gov. DeSantis pulled vaccine from some areas where it was just sitting in freezers and moved it to 22 Publix pharmacies in 3 counties. Online appointment scheduling went live yesterday morning. Wife and I got our first Moderna shot today. The Health departments in FL have totally dropped the ball on this. Publix already had an online network for other vaccines and deployed it for this. Private enterprise at it's best. 65 and older only at present but the word is that will open up by the end of January. Florida has already vaccinated twice the number of my birthplace state of Michigan which has half the population.

3 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

Here in FL, Gov. DeSantis pulled vaccine from some areas where it was just sitting in freezers and moved it to 22 Publix pharmacies in 3 counties. Online appointment scheduling went live yesterday morning. Wife and I got our first Moderna shot today. The Health departments in FL have totally dropped the ball on this. Publix already had an online network for other vaccines and deployed it for this. Private enterprise at it's best. 65 and older only at present but the word is that will open up by the end of January. Florida has already vaccinated twice the number of my birthplace state of Michigan which has half the population.

Florida is well ahead of some states, in North Carolina I have an appointment on the 15th for the first shot.  I am in group 1b, 75 years+ old.

Hope that you don't live in California almost the worst of the 50 states.  If they were only at the USA 50 state average they would have vaccinated over 300K more folks. Likewise for NYC.  The localities with the tightest restrictions also seem the slowest with vaccine rollout. Perhaps we  should move to West Virginia or the Dakotas to save our lives.

We are scheduled on Marina's TA in the Fall, if it still goes. ;> It will be our first time back on O since Marina's first TA several years ago. We've been on Azamara and Seabourn since for several reasons, but were looking forward to this TA; we love the sea days.  Bob just got his first vaccine shot this am here in SW Colorado. I'm in the next age group. I do hope we all make it onboard though I agree with several of you that one of the issues will be ports and whether we will be allowed anywhere. 

Best wishes from the snowy cold part of the country. Alice

Other cruise lines starting to cancel April and May, including Europe cruises:

"In brief, Celebrity Cruises will be suspending sailings through April 30th, 2021 including the May 1st, 2021 transatlantic cruise on Celebrity Apex. As well, May through October 2021 Europe and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Constellation will also be suspended".

We just got appointments for the vaccine this weekend. So, I started thinking about how long it is until we go on our planned trip in October. 

And I saw the Regatta has a 10 night cruise from our hometown, SF to Alaska (with a stop at our favorite Alaska port, Sitka). And the prices are great.

However, a couple of things give me pause

• Its dates are May 28 - Jun 7, 2021. Will Canada be open to cruise ships then?
  • It's a 10 day itinerary, which I think is against the proposed CDC guidance.

It also seems to be isolated in the schedule. Could this be a "test cruise?"

Can anyone give more info about this cruise, and have any guesses as to whether it will sail?

We've always heard great things about Oceania and would love it if this cruise actually happens! (Also because we've had five cruises cancelled in the past year, so we're due for one to sail!)

Edited by MarkBearSF

Crystal Ball on Apple iOS 14.2

Cannot see the ship sailing  in May  but who knows 

maybe the  USA & Canada will all be vaccinated by then  but our PM says maybe by Sept  we will be done 😷

Heard today some crew headed to regatta  so who knows  if she will be allowed to sail  by then

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Crystal Ball on Apple iOS 14.2

Cannot see the ship sailing  in May  but who knows 

maybe the  USA & Canada will all be vaccinated by then  but our PM says maybe by Sept  we will be done 😷

Heard today some crew headed to regatta  so who knows  if she will be allowed to sail  by then

I saw a headline that Joe Biden hopes to have 100 millions doses administered in 100 days. So that means a third of the US will be vaccinated by the end of April.

11 minutes ago, clo said:

I saw a headline that Joe Biden hopes to have 100 millions doses administered in 100 days. So that means a third of the US will be vaccinated by the end of April.

Kind of. Only a portion will have received the required second vaccine - most of that number will be only “half” vaccinated.

21 minutes ago, clo said:

We are already vaccinating over 1,000,000 per day; if Biden is only aiming for 100,000,000 in 100 days he will be slowing down the process.

11 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

We are already vaccinating over 1,000,000 per day; if Biden is only aiming for 100,000,000 in 100 days he will be slowing down the process.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2021/01/14/covid-vaccine-distribution-by-state-how-many-covid-vaccines-have-been-given-in-us-how-many-people/6599531002/

This shows that 3.7% in the US have received their first shot. Based on 330 million population that comes to a tad over 12 million. Curious where you got the million/day figure

23 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Kind of. Only a portion will have received the required second vaccine - most of that number will be only “half” vaccinated.

True. I should have made that point. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, clo said:

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2021/01/14/covid-vaccine-distribution-by-state-how-many-covid-vaccines-have-been-given-in-us-how-many-people/6599531002/

This shows that 3.7% in the US have received their first shot. Based on 330 million population that comes to a tad over 12 million. Curious where you got the million/day figure

True news. Not the fake stuff most people use. 

21 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I don't think so Bubba. 

10 minutes ago, clo said:

Thanks. I was hesitant to cite USA Today but I was also lazy and it was the first to pop up.

I was answering your question to the other poster, "Curious where you got the million/day figure"

I wasn't necessarily saying USA Today is true news. I don't put a lot of faith in them as a hard hitting news source. Kind of like news lite. 

Edited by ORV

1 minute ago, ORV said:

I was answering your question to the other poster, "Curi"ous where you got the million/day figure"

I wasn't necessarily saying USA Today is true news. I don't put a lot of faith in them as a hard hitting new source. Kind of like news lite. 

I read it once described as a "new depth of shallow" but they were clearly quoting CDC.

8 hours ago, MarkBearSF said:

We just got appointments for the vaccine this weekend. So, I started thinking about how long it is until we go on our planned trip in October. 

And I saw the Regatta has a 10 night cruise from our hometown, SF to Alaska (with a stop at our favorite Alaska port, Sitka). And the prices are great.

However, a couple of things give me pause

• Its dates are May 28 - Jun 7, 2021. Will Canada be open to cruise ships then?
  • It's a 10 day itinerary, which I think is against the proposed CDC guidance.

It also seems to be isolated in the schedule. Could this be a "test cruise?"

Can anyone give more info about this cruise, and have any guesses as to whether it will sail?

We've always heard great things about Oceania and would love it if this cruise actually happens! (Also because we've had five cruises cancelled in the past year, so we're due for one to sail!)

We are book on this cruise. It has been on the options for a long long time. I doubt that this will go due to Covid restrictions and the unavailability of Canadian ports on the schedule. We haven't heard anything from O regarding cancellations at this time. 

• Like 1

My Ohio county currently gets 500 doses per week to administer to the public. Next week it will start vaccinating those 80 and older. My age group officially can start getting the vaccine on February 8 but at this rate of availability I will not get the vaccine until mid-summer at the earliest.

So where exactly will the rest of the world be regarding vaccination (apart from Israel) in 2021? Cruising this year to where?

Edited by CintiPam

13 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Bloomberg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/?srnd=storythread-QKT7T1T0G1L501

Look at daily vaccinations for 14 and 15 January.

And my name isn't bubba!

Average for the past week is 850k, you cherry picked two days and stated, "We are already vaccinating over 1,000,000 per day;"

I will agree that after a slow start(to be expected) that they are increasing, but exaggeration and inflation of facts only confuses the issue. It seems your statement was to throw a dig at Biden. Is that necessary?