Oceania Cancels All Voyages Through March 31, 2021

njhorseman

Well in response to the NCL announcement. their stock has surged  some 50% in the past months......  So both cruisers and investors confidence is high as to the future.   I think up to now we are seeing the virus driving the situation.  Froward, I see the economy taking the lead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Well in response to the NCL announcement. their stock has surged  some 50% in the past months......  So both cruisers and investors confidence is high as to the future.   I think up to now we are seeing the virus driving the situation.  Froward, I see the economy taking the lead.

Almost,  I see the vaccine taking the lead to get the whole economy back on track.  Now most people have to be willing to take it.  

35 minutes ago, RJB said:

Now most people have to be willing to take it.  

Correct.

It will be interesting to look back in 18 months and see how take up rates in various countries affected their economic recovery.

Also, the logistics of getting sufficient vaccines into distribution centres in various countries around the world.

That of course is one logistical hurdle for the only one approved for use so far.

The super cooling required.

Nothing that can't be overcome for many countries, but many other countries will need access to one of the other vaccines which are more easily transported over large distances.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fully expect the next cancellation round (probably made in mid-January) will be another 2 months or all the way to June.  That way folks can plan in a some what sensible matter.   We are planning to delay to 2022 and enjoy the beautiful of America in 2021.

On 12/23/2020 at 3:00 PM, CincyAL said:

I fully expect the next cancellation round (probably made in mid-January) will be another 2 months or all the way to June.  That way folks can plan in a some what sensible matter.   We are planning to delay to 2022 and enjoy the beautiful of America in 2021.

Sad  but I think maybe even july or august  may be the start....  have to rethink my Sept/october plans as the first 6 months or so are going to be like a prison ship

And don't forget that cruising overseas will also largely be determined by the situation in the port countries. So even if most of the US gets vaccinated by, say, June (long odds, admittedly), I think cruising in Europe will not resume before August or September, if then. What that leaves for the remainder of the 2021 European cruise season is slim indeed. Betting against a resumption of European cruising in 2021 is not a silly wager. 

• Like 1

Unless New Zealand plans to open its doors to a vaccinated me, where exactly am I going to be cruising in 2021? Apparently it will take a great portion of 2021 even to vaccinate enough people in the privileged countries with sufficient vaccine supplies anticipated to be on hand to resume cruising anywhere like we have known it. Cruising to nowhere or only to a cruiseline’s private island is not for me.

And I see no harm in writing “ Who Dey!” 😉

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CintiPam said:

Unless New Zealand plans to open its doors to a vaccinated me, where exactly am I going to be cruising in 2021? Apparently it will take a great portion of 2021 even to vaccinate enough people in the privileged countries with sufficient vaccine supplies anticipated to be on hand to resume cruising anywhere like we have known it. Cruising to nowhere or only to a cruiseline’s private island is not for me.

And I see no harm in writing “ Who Dey!” 😉

....and that is assuming that the COVID vaccine will not be a yearly one like the flu vaccine (and that is a big IF). Otherwise we are back to square one in a year.

Edited by Paulchili

17 hours ago, Paulchili said:

....and that is assuming that the COVID vaccine will not be a yearly one like the flu vaccine (and that is a big IF). Otherwise we are back to square one in a year.

And now with the latest from WHO on transmission. UGH! An attorney just stated this"The WHO actually killed the legal argument for forced vaccines. If the vaccine has no impact on transmission, then the sole legal basis to mandate vaccines -- protecting others from transmission -- is gone."

Scary times..stay safe and healthy Paul.

On 12/27/2020 at 9:36 PM, Paulchili said:

Not at all.  Most of us take a flu shot every year. Why not a covid shot.  To keep us healthy.  Seems stupid not too it that is what is needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2020 at 11:00 PM, CincyAL said:

My Med cruise is 18th April and I hope if/when they cancel it will be before my final payment day on 10th Feb as I will get my full deposit back but if I’ve paid in full then it’s a FCC which I don’t want. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

We are booked on the Oct 31, 2021 Montreal to Miami 14 day cruise....at this time it seems quite likely that will not happen.  Even if it does take place we are concerned that the protocol onboard will not be conducive to an enjoyable vacation....we shall see but not optimistic about this one....

1 hour ago, billf0401 said:

We are booked on the Oct 31, 2021 Montreal to Miami 14 day cruise....at this time it seems quite likely that will not happen.  Even if it does take place we are concerned that the protocol onboard will not be conducive to an enjoyable vacation....we shall see but not optimistic about this one....

We are the same with our Sept 2021 cruise.  It’s going to be dependent on jabbing people in the arms which is off to an unimpressive start.

37 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

It’s going to be dependent on jabbing people in the arms which is off to an unimpressive start

That could be the understatement of the year.

We (the Government) knew that the vaccine is coming several months before it became available. Some apparently thought that is all we needed to do - get the vaccine out there.

Nobody worked out the actual mechanics of how it will be administered  to individual patients despite lots of time for that type of planning.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I miss cruising so much😢.  Not sure of a safe date to book.  Here in Florida, Lee County seniors stayed in line over night, bundled up on lawn chairs for their shot.  Collier County requires tickets that you must get from an on-line ticketing service.  Very complicated and sells out instantly.  I think we have a long way to go.  I’ll just keep reading brochures and dreaming of my next cruise.

37 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

I miss cruising so much😢.  Not sure of a safe date to book.  Here in Florida, Lee County seniors stayed in line over night, bundled up on lawn chairs for their shot.  Collier County requires tickets that you must get from an on-line ticketing service.  Very complicated and sells out instantly.  I think we have a long way to go.  I’ll just keep reading brochures and dreaming of my next cruise.

Sounds like  a very strange system

• Like 1

I could understand the if the pharmacist intent was to remove them and then steal them in order to sell on the black market.  Otherwise, if only to destroy them or to trick recipients, then a long look at his work history is needed. 

23 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

I could understand the if the pharmacist intent was to remove them and then steal them in order to sell on the black market.  Otherwise, if only to destroy them or to trick recipients, then a long look at his work history is needed. 

Can you spell "cuckoo"? 🙂

• Like 1