Celebrity is extending fcc use date

HS2BS

Each person can use their FCC. 

We are " lucky" ( ha ha ha) to have only one FCC each  Fairly large amt.

If we can't apply it to final payment for our Jan 2022,  cruise on Reflection..we doubt it will ever be used. 

At the time, we jumped too soon to cancel,  and ended up with FCC rather than cash back..useless if we cannot  safely get back on a ship!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Each person can use their FCC. 

We are " lucky" ( ha ha ha) to have only one FCC each  Fairly large amt.

If we can't apply it to final payment for our Jan 2022,  cruise on Reflection..we doubt it will ever be used. 

At the time, we jumped too soon to cancel,  and ended up with FCC rather than cash back..useless if we cannot  safely get back on a ship!

Would be awful if this happens to you!  They have got to and I sincerely believe that they will, change this present policy.  People have lives, this pandemic has impacted us beyond just the way we are currently living.  It has a carry over effect for so many and that must factor into their decision, IMO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this email from Celebrity. Here is the important part;

The expiration date for your FCC has been adjusted to April 30, 2022, for use on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022.   

Anyone else get this? This was for a cruise I cancelled back in April or May for a Sept sailing of 2020. 

10 minutes ago, ORV said:

The expiration date for your FCC has been adjusted to April 30, 2022, for use on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022.   

Anyone else get this? This was for a cruise I cancelled back in April or May for a Sept sailing of 2020. 

This is what we received as well. Our original sailing was May 2020.

Yes, I got it too.  Celebrity is really beginning to annoy me.  I used 2 $200 FCC's for the deposit on a cruise last Sept.  Vancouver closed its ports so I decided to cancel the cruise on final payment day knowing it would not sail and not wanting to wait months to get back money I shouldn't have had to pay in the first place.  3 days later Celebrity cancelled the cruise.  Because I cancelled first, I only got back the value of one of the FCC's.  Celebrity pocketed the other $200. These are the only 2 FCC's I have ever had.

On 1/3/2021 at 10:03 AM, jbirds said:

I contacted Celebrity on 12/30/20 about the sentence that states “also note that only one certificate can be used per person per sailing”. We currently have 6 certificates from 3 cancelled cruises, and have no plans to take 6 cruises in the next year. Celebrity confirmed the statement is true at this time, and if we wanted to get refund, we had to do it by 12/31/20. We elected not to, in hopes of some new way to use our FCCs .

You can use 1 FCC per person per cruise .  So if you and your partner each have 3 FCCs you can use 1 each on a cruise..  So it will taken 3 cruises will use up your FCCs not 6 cruises.

11 hours ago, ORV said:

Ours arrived in  today's e mail.  Same language. We will staple it to our orig FCC which has earlier dates. Not planning to apply it til final payment of a booked cruise ..By then  we hope we will have more certainty that cruise will sail.

We are booked in Jan 2022 on Ref which was a lift and shift from a Connie cruise in  Jan 2021 cruise  from TPA. Great price for a suite  ( on the newer ship) was honored..same duration, some  diff ports, leaves from Port Ev. It was the only cruise that we could  fit in with the L& S at the time.

Hoping to use up our FCCs ( 1 each) on the  final payment for the  Reflection cruise. Hopefully that will sail ss scheduled!

13 hours ago, ORV said:

I also got the email. Hope all is good by then as plan to book multiple sailings. 2 very small FCC s for $125 canadian each.  This could very well be extended further. 

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

You can use 1 FCC per person per cruise .  So if you and your partner each have 3 FCCs you can use 1 each on a cruise..  So it will taken 3 cruises will use up your FCCs not 6 cruises.

Our problem is that 5 of these FCCs are in my name, and 1 is in my husband’s name. We are working to combine and transfer some to my husband.

On 1/15/2021 at 7:31 PM, ORV said:

I hope everyone that has FCC's find a way to use them before September 2022 and no one ends up losing money due to the continued cancellations.  

However for all of us that have avoided the FCC's this really means that inflated prices will continue until September 2022. Reasonable prices will be difficult to find until all of the FCCs are flushed from the system.  

Until then, perhaps the best strategy will be to wait until after final payment to book cruises.  Makes planning and air travel arrangements more difficult.

Edited by ipeeinthepool