Celebrity is extending fcc use date

HS2BS

12 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

image.thumb.png.688554bfe82df7117fd26466279df7bc.png

Thank you!

From a practical point of view, assuming that they don't extend the "sail by" date, the latest that one could apply the FCC would be the final payment date for a May 4, 2022, cruise, some 3 months before the new FCC expiry date. I wonder if extending the sail by date will be step two.

12 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Thank you!

From a practical point of view, assuming that they don't extend the "sail by" date, the latest that one could apply the FCC would be the final payment date for a May 4, 2022, cruise, some 3 months before the new FCC expiry date. I wonder if extending the sail by date will be step two.

Hope they extend the sail by date also, otherwise it really only extends the expiration date from 12/31 to  to 2/3.

• Like 1

Just now, jelayne said:

Hope they extend the sail by date also, otherwise it really only extends the expiration date from 12/31 to  to 2/3.

Not that everything Celebrity has done over the past 9 months or so has made a lot of sense, but changing the FCC apply by date and not changing the cruise sail by date doesn't benefit anyone. What possible advantage is there for a booked passenger holding FCC to apply it a month later? If it was a delay in making a cash payment, there could be a minor advantage, perhaps, but an FCC?

I have already L&Sd to 2022, and applied FCC, but for others with cruises through August 2021, I hope that the sail by change is forthcoming.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, italgal24 said:

I just got email from Celebrity extending FCC date to 5/4/22 but had to call and find out what the new cruising date would be extended to.  Was informed 4/30/23

I'd want to see that written somewhere.  You would have thought they would have included that in the email if true.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Not that everything Celebrity has done over the past 9 months or so has made a lot of sense, but changing the FCC apply by date and not changing the cruise sail by date doesn't benefit anyone. What possible advantage is there for a booked passenger holding FCC to apply it a month later? If it was a delay in making a cash payment, there could be a minor advantage, perhaps, but an FCC?

I have already L&Sd to 2022, and applied FCC, but for others with cruises through August 2021, I hope that the sail by change is forthcoming.

Curious to know if you moved to 2022 and not later in 2021, because you could not find a cruise you wanted or because you just did not feel good about anything in 2021?

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Curious to know if you moved to 2022 and not later in 2021, because you could not find a cruise you wanted or because you just did not feel good about anything in 2021?

The original cruise was scheduled for March 2021, and the terms of the L&S are that you must switch to a cruise a full year later, give or take 4 weeks, so there was no possibility of moving it to a later date in 2021. At the same time, we had - and still have - misgivings about any cruising in 2021, so March 2022 was good for us on both counts. Given the ongoing uncertainty with respect to cruises next year and the safety protocols that will be in play, and the fact that DW and I might not be able to get our vaccinations until as late as September, we remain very comfortable with our decision. 

We L & S’d  2 cruises 1 to Feb 2022 and another to April 2022, in between we have a 3rd cruise which we booked pre pandemic.  3  Caribbean cruises in 60 days😝 trying to salvage FCCs.  Would love to see the sail by date extended and the ability to move a previously L & S cruise  again.  

9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'd want to see that written somewhere.  You would have thought they would have included that in the email if true.

this is what it says on the Uk site:

If you have an expired Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on your booking and you choose to take advantage of our Cruise With Confidence program, we’ll extend your FCC’s expiration date to May 4, 2022. This is now a redeem and sail by date. You may select any sailing you’d like.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, italgal24 said:

I just got email from Celebrity extending FCC date to 5/4/22 but had to call and find out what the new cruising date would be extended to.  Was informed 4/30/23

Hoping the cruise date has been extended to April 2023.  I got the email about the extension of the FCC date but it made no mention of sail date.  Given my FCC is based on a deposit for a booking made onboard I’m not really sure the onboard booking rules would allow it to expire but will worry about that if/when I reach that point.

Stay safe everyone!

in the web page says :

We're Extending Your Expired Future Cruise Credits

If you have an expired Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on your booking and you choose to take advantage of our Cruise With Confidence program, we’ll extend your FCC’s expiration date to May 4, 2022. This is now a redeem and sail by date. You may select any sailing you’d like.
Edited by gerelmx

53 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

They’re going to run out of berth-nights if everyone has to use the FCC by May 2022. I don’t think there will be enough availability between when cruising restarts in late 2021 and May 2022. 

Yes, a lot of time between now and then.   16 months away and a lot of uncertainty.  Once cruising returns and stabilizes, a lot of the uncertainly will be removed.  No doubt in my mind that the demand will drive up prices. 

My magic crystal ball predicts that the Celebrity policy will change at some point. They may wait until they have less uncertainty and start accepting deposits for the new releases first.  It does not benefit Celebrity to have strong demand on the new releases if the booking are all done with FCCs.  

Celebrity will most likely allow customers to just apply the FCC by May 2022, but it will then be non refundable.  (Unless the cruise is cancelled by Celebrity). Of course this would apply to any bonus FCC given by Celebrity.  Any cash deposits or payments will continue to be fully refundable.

I suggest if you find a cruise you desire after May 2020, book it has normal.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 7:39 PM, HS2BS said:

image.thumb.png.688554bfe82df7117fd26466279df7bc.png

I contacted Celebrity on 12/30/20 about the sentence that states “also note that only one certificate can be used per person per sailing”. We currently have 6 certificates from 3 cancelled cruises, and have no plans to take 6 cruises in the next year. Celebrity confirmed the statement is true at this time, and if we wanted to get refund, we had to do it by 12/31/20. We elected not to, in hopes of some new way to use our FCCs .