Dubai-India-Singapore Cruises

simon stingray

Will Celebrity ever return to sailing those 1 way Middle East/India cruises which sail from Dubai to Singapore via India, Sri Lanka and Thailand and then the reverse itinerary for the following cruise?

I remember they pulled the Constellation from those sailings and moved her to the Caribbean sometime last year. Whilst we love the Caribbean, there are so many options to cruise there and that Middle East/itinerary was on my bucket list.

We were booked on the Connie from Singapore to Rome and we had to cancel it for health reasons.  i think they did one of two more cruises for this itinerary and then dropped it, as you say.  Since we just have to see Petra, we made two more stabs at the itinerary with Princess and they were dropped also to use the ship in another location.  it seems like this itinerary is not very popular any more unless you are on a world cruise.  We did find one on Azamara and we have booked that one.  There is still room!  Come join us.  it sails May 13, 2022 Singapore to Athens.  There is also one on Nov 2, 2021.  I'm sure you know Azamara is owned by RCG and when you sail with them you get points toward your Captains Club status.  They also recognize your tier.  There is a sale 30% off on this cruise at the moment.  Should I get  job as a TA?😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We were lucky to do Singapore to Abu Dhabi on the Constellation. We stayed in Singapore for 3 nights pre cruise and then had a fabulous day in Abu Dhabi at the end catching up with an old friend. It certainly made a fabulous trip. As you say, it’s a pity they no longer offer it.

We did this itinerary on the Constellation in January 2019 and it was the best cruise I have ever taken.  The cruise was 15 nights leaving from Abu Dhabi and ending in Singapore.  In between, we stopped in Dubai, 3 cities in India (overnight in Mumbai), Sri Lanka, and Phuket, Thailand.  Since we are still working, we only got to spend one day in Singapore at the end of the cruise but we were able to see a lot of the city in one day.  This itinerary was amazing and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately, this was the last cruise we were able to take before Covid 19 wrecked havoc on the entire world and I don't think cruising will ever be the same.  Thank you for bringing back memories of this truly wonderful experience on the Constellation.  I hope one day Celebrity will bring this itinerary back.

We were hoping to tie this itinerary in with World Expo in Dubai, but China and Covid destroyed that. I really hope this itinerary is available again soon on either X or Princess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leck57 said:

We were hoping to tie this itinerary in with World Expo in Dubai, but China and Covid destroyed that. I really hope this itinerary is available again soon on either X or Princess.

So subtle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

So far, Constellation has not made it to the Caribbean.

Doesnt make sense to send Connie to the Caribbean this year,  since there won't be a winter cruising season there. Makes more sense to leave her in the Med and hope for a spring/summer season there.

We were on the same sailing as kebrown, and agree with what a great itinerary it was. We stayed on the ship on its next cruise from Singapore to Shanghai. Would also do either or both of these cruises again  in a heartbeat. Not sure why X decided to change her winter sailings to the Caribbean,  which IMO is already over supplied with ships.

Edited by mom says

We did a B2B on the Connie in 2018; 2nd leg was Singapore to Abu Dhabi.  That was an amazing cruise which we would do again.  We chose to leave the ship in Cochin and do a private tour to the Taj Mahal, returning to the ship in Goa. It was wonderful and although we missed Cochin & some of the day in Goa it was well worth it ( and 1/3 the cost of the ship trip to the aTaj). Now we are booked on a Singapore to Athens cruise which stops in Cochin so covered that missed port😂

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We did a B2B on the Connie in 2018; 2nd leg was Singapore to Abu Dhabi.  That was an amazing cruise which we would do again.  We chose to leave the ship in Cochin and do a private tour to the Taj Mahal, returning to the ship in Goa. It was wonderful and although we missed Cochin & some of the day in Goa it was well worth it ( and 1/3 the cost of the ship trip to the aTaj). Now we are booked on a Singapore to Athens cruise which stops in Cochin so covered that missed port😂

Jelayne, this was the cruise we had to cancel.  We had #1138 on the back of the ship for both legs,  I often wonder who got to sail in it.  We will have to chat about it when we meet in 2022.  Positive thinking here...........

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Jelayne, this was the cruise we had to cancel.  We had #1138 on the back of the ship for both legs,  I often wonder who got to sail in it.  We will have to chat about it when we meet in 2022.  Positive thinking here...........

👍 We will meet in 2022 and hopefully have a wonderful cruise

6 hours ago, mom says said:

Doesnt make sense to send Connie to the Caribbean this year,  since there won't be a winter cruising season there. Makes more sense to leave her in the Med and hope for a spring/summer season there.

We were on the same sailing as kebrown, and agree with what a great itinerary it was. We stayed on the ship on its next cruise from Singapore to Shanghai. Would also do either or both of these cruises again  in a heartbeat. Not sure why X decided to change her winter sailings to the Caribbean,  which IMO is already over supplied with ships.

We did a Singapore to Shanghai on RCI but in 2015...Loved this itinerary and would love to do it again on RCI or Celebrity.

In the past few years, Celebrity had 2 ships in Asia in winter: Millennium was for East Asia (departures from Singapore / Hong Kong / Yokohama), while Constellation was mainly for Dubai and India.

In 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 there will only be Solstice in Asia. If Celebrity do not deploy another ship to Dubai, I don't see any chances to have the Dubai + India cruises again in the near future.

That does look like a great cruise. It also visits Tel Aviv Israel which is somewhere I would also like to go. Unfortunately 23 nights plus travelling time to & from the cruise is a little too long for us to be away from work. 

It is tempting though-I think you’d make a great travel agent😀

20 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We were booked on the Connie from Singapore to Rome and we had to cancel it for health reasons.  i think they did one of two more cruises for this itinerary and then dropped it, as you say.  Since we just have to see Petra, we made two more stabs at the itinerary with Princess and they were dropped also to use the ship in another location.  it seems like this itinerary is not very popular any more unless you are on a world cruise.  We did find one on Azamara and we have booked that one.  There is still room!  Come join us.  it sails May 13, 2022 Singapore to Athens.  There is also one on Nov 2, 2021.  I'm sure you know Azamara is owned by RCG and when you sail with them you get points toward your Captains Club status.  They also recognize your tier.  There is a sale 30% off on this cruise at the moment.  Should I get  job as a TA?😀

That does look like a great cruise. It also visits Tel Aviv Israel which is somewhere I would also like to go. Unfortunately 23 nights plus travelling time to & from the cruise is a little too long for us to be away from work. 

It is tempting though-I think you’d make a great travel agent😀

1 hour ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

We have booked a similar itinerary   on Azamara. Dubai to Singapore stopping at Cochin, Mumbai, Sri Lanka and Myanmar. Got a great price when they had a 40%off sale on. Was meant to sale November 2020 but used lift and shift to move to  November 2021. 

We have looked at this one too but the sailing date is too close to the two we have booked with Celebrity.  We arrive home Sept 18 and we would have to be back in Europe by Nov 2.  The Beagle would disown us!

I have been lucky enough to visit all the ports on this itinerary and they are all excellent.

Plus we were on one of the last cruises on the Constellation on this route last year in February. We got most of it completed before Covid kicked in and instead of finishing in Singapore headed back to Dubai.

It really is a excellent route and I do hope Celebrity reconsider there short sighted decision to pull this route and add another one in the Caribbean !!

Time will tell I did a review of that last trip which I previously posted on here but if your interested this is the link to it.....

https://happytravellingwithdavie.blogspot.com/2020/10/review-of-celebrity-cruise-dubai-oman.html

We didn't do the Dubai to Singapore but we did Singapore to Shanghai. Actually 2 years ago today we were flying to Singapore. This cruise was by far my favourite cruise. We were very lucky and spent 4 days pre cruise and then spent 6 more weeks travelling around SE Asia. We fell in love with this part of world so much that last year we went to Thailand for over a month but got back right when the world was shutting down. I can't wait to get to travel again. 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 3:22 PM, DavietheScot said:

I have been lucky enough to visit all the ports on this itinerary and they are all excellent.

Plus we were on one of the last cruises on the Constellation on this route last year in February. We got most of it completed before Covid kicked in and instead of finishing in Singapore headed back to Dubai.

It really is a excellent route and I do hope Celebrity reconsider there short sighted decision to pull this route and add another one in the Caribbean !!

Time will tell I did a review of that last trip which I previously posted on here but if your interested this is the link to it.....

https://happytravellingwithdavie.blogspot.com/2020/10/review-of-celebrity-cruise-dubai-oman.html

You should consider starting your own travel channel!!!

12 hours ago, LGW59 said:

You should consider starting your own travel channel!!!

Thanks I enjoy doing my blog particular just now as it is keeping my urge to travel going in this difficult time with the world closed due to the pandemic. But I am a positive person and believe that in the second half of this year we will. start to see it open up again including cruise holidays so who knows maybe one of these days I will take up your suggestion.  Thanks again for your encouragement and please continue to visit my blog at https://happytravellingwithdavie.blogspot.com as I am presently working on a couple of new entries that will be posted soon. 

• Like 1