Saga announces only vaccinated passengers can sail. Do you think Princess will follow?

2ferfun

On 1/25/2021 at 9:39 AM, Daniel A said:

Before you laminate it, you may want to scan it into your computer/phone.  You may be asked to show proof of vaccination in venues other than ones requiring a passport.  Just a thought, it can't hurt.

Maybe wait on laminating it. There are spaces for boosters on the card and there appears to be a reasonable likelihood of ultimately needing one. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Maybe wait on laminating it. There are spaces for boosters on the card and there appears to be a reasonable likelihood of ultimately needing one. 

Laminate a copy of the card, and keep the original in your safe.

• Like 2

"Indiana-based river line American Queen Steamboat Company and sister brand Victory Cruise Lines on Tuesday Feb. 2 became the first North American cruise brands to announce that passengers will need to show proof of being vaccinated for COVID‑19 before stepping on a vessel"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

"Indiana-based river line American Queen Steamboat Company and sister brand Victory Cruise Lines on Tuesday Feb. 2 became the first North American cruise brands to announce that passengers will need to show proof of being vaccinated for COVID‑19 before stepping on a vessel"

And I am quite sure they will not be the last to do so.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And I am quite sure they will not be the last to do so.

Let's hope you're correct!  💉 

Since the CDC doesn't seem to know what to do about vaccinated people, maybe more cruise lines limiting crew and PAX to only those vaccinated can force some type of policy out of the CDC.  If enough cruise lines have vaccinated only policies and the CDC still insists on a framework that doesn't take vaccines into account, maybe the cruise lines could have a case in Federal Court that the Government is being arbitrary and capricious.  It seems as if there are any number of court decisions coming out striking down government mandates that do not have or no longer have any justification in science or current conditions.

Edited by Daniel A

Just now, pms4104 said:

And a copy would serve as acceptable proof of vaccination should one be required to provide proof?

Nobody knows the answer to that question.  The card isn't meant to serve as proof of vaccination, it's merely a receipt.  

13 hours ago, pms4104 said:

So, proof would be what?

I don't think the authorities got that far yet.  According to Prevention Magazine's web page "It’s unclear at this point how COVID-19 vaccine cards will be used, but experts have confirmed that their main purpose is to simply make sure people follow through with the second dose of the vaccine. . . Officials have not confirmed that the cards will be used for travel or large events." 

18 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I don't think the authorities got that far yet.  According to Prevention Magazine's web page "It’s unclear at this point how COVID-19 vaccine cards will be used, but experts have confirmed that their main purpose is to simply make sure people follow through with the second dose of the vaccine. . . Officials have not confirmed that the cards will be used for travel or large events." 

Thank you ... just confirms the mismanaged chaos of the past year.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Nobody knows the answer to that question.  The card isn't meant to serve as proof of vaccination, it's merely a receipt.  

Well ... aren't receipts used as proof you received something and if you paid for it, how much you paid?

Saga is not taking US passengers. I had read an article that they were interested in having a prescience  in the US  and they were willing to pay travel agents 15 %. My travel agent wrote them and they said “ not at this time”

On 1/29/2021 at 6:19 PM, stevenr597 said:

We physicians have a saying, if you don't agree with Dr. Fauci, just wait one or two days, he will usually change his position.  

I do feel that most individuals will be immunized by the late Spring or early Summer. 

Maybe that’s because as he learns more, he can make a more unformed decision, rather than just blurting out what he thinks people want to hear, as too many have done since this started.

44 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Saga is not taking US passengers. I had read an article that they were interested in having a prescience  in the US  and they were willing to pay travel agents 15 %. My travel agent wrote them and they said “ not at this time”

But American Queen Steamboat and sister line Victory do cater to Americans ... and will require all crew and guests be vaccinated July 1, 2021 ... no exceptions, jot even kirds ... crew to be vaccine prioritized as 'essential transportation workers'

54 minutes ago, richsea said:

Maybe that’s because as he learns more, he can make a more unformed decision, rather than just blurting out what he thinks people want to hear, as too many have done since this started.

I wish that were true, but Fauci who say he follows the science and is evidence based, usually does neither. If he doesn't know the answer, he should clearly say so.  If he wants to give his opinion, then he should again stay that it is opinion. All too often he acts less like a physician and more like a Washington Bureaucrat. 

• Like 1