2-4-21 Thursday Weigh-In Start To A New Month Already!

Belle

F---Fit (try more exercise)

E---Eat ( eat less and healthy)

B---Bubble ( stay in your bubble and stay safe)

R---Run ( or walk some during the week, can do it at home)

U---Use ( use computer or old pen and paper to write food and exercise down each day)

A---Action ( do the eating less and exercise more, just don't think about it--do it)

R---Read ( read what you write down, can you improve what your doing)

Y---You  ( are you doing any of the above)

L---Learn ( new tips, tricks each week for loss's)

O---Overnight ( we didn't gain ALL our weight overnight so will take awhile to lose)

S---Sleep ( 7 or 8 hours of sleep helps weight loss they say--how it helps---your not eating🙂)

S---Smile (always with a loss or a gain--Why--because main thing is your trying)

• Like 1

Thanks for starting us Belle!

I'm down 2.8 pounds this week, and I am in the 160's club! 🎉

If I keep losing at the rate I have been, I will no longer qualify for the vaccine in a couple weeks. My BMI will be low enough to kick me out of the 1B category, and I'll be waiting with the rest of the general population to get the vaccine as I don't really have any other health issues. Several mega sites have opened in our area, but they aren't getting enough vaccines to get to my number in line for several weeks. I'm not too sad about it. Since the kids can't get one yet, we were planning on staying isolated even after DH and I get ours.

Good morning everyone.  
Mel great loss.

Diana and Jan -  same is good.

I’m  down 2.6  firmly in 160’s 

I am back to normal today.  Checking around and several people have reacted to the second vaccine.   I’ll take  a day of yucky  instead of full blown virus. 

l

Took Jazzper to vet for dental cleaning.  Poor thing really accumulates tarter.  Hoping he doesn’t need any extractions.  He is 13 last dental all of his incisors were pulled they were lose.  His canines are keeping his tongue in his mouth.

Mel and Izena, awesome losses.   Congrats.

Diana and Jan, congrats on no gain.  I, too, stayed the same.

I get my second shot on Weds.  I am anticipating not feeling well after it.   I agree with Izena, I will take not feeling well for a short time to getting the virus.

Belle, hope all is well with you.

Rose

Mel & Izena, Congrats on the 160s club 👏 

Nyer, Diana, & Jan, staying the same 👍

Belle, love the lines:

"U---Use ( use computer or old pen and paper to write food and exercise down each day)

A---Action ( do the eating less and exercise more, just don't think about it--do it)"

I'm focusing on that this week as I'm down but still higher than NYE

Izena, glad you're feeling better. Great weight loss and great scale number!

Rose, staying the same ok. Hopefully you are not too bad after the 2nd shot.

Ombud, congrats on being down!

Just read that Canada is closed to cruise ships through Feb. 2022. There goes our New England/Canada cruise in September. Most of the ports were in Canada. I expected something like that to happen. I saw the same cruise listed for next year so we'll probably move it to then. Oh well. 

Hope everyone has a nice day,

Diana

Hi all!

Diana ~ sorry you're missing another cruise.

Belle ~ nice thoughts to keep us on course!

Mel & Izena ~ congrats on being in the 160s club. I just slipped out! I'm down 0.2 to 170 on the nose!

Rose ~ hope the 2nd shot isn't too bad. We don't know when we'll even get the 1st one!

Did I mention that I booked the QM2 back from Southampton after my Star cruise in October 2022?

I'll have to lose weight if I want to fit into my gowns!😉

Have a nice weekend & keep safe!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Well as this year goes, each day new cruise information, not always good-----

Does that mean--Our cruise to lose is for next years cruises?

Each day something new---feel sorry for Canada and Alaska ports. Canada will

make it but don't think some Alaska ports will, they depend on the money from cruise ships.

But we will think positive especially if we have cruises later in the year to other

places than Alaska.

Glad you still like me starting our weigh-in with whatever thoughts and words that

come out when I sit down.

Mel---Great loss. Nice you could get shot but they say being over 160lbs puts you

where you can get a shot sooner. 160 isn't that over weight to me. 

What do others think?

Diana...Same is good---no gain. Sorry your cruise was cancelled. Don't you have

another one booked too.

Jan---Same is good---no gain. Jan how is everything going. You've been quiet.

Izena---Great loss too. Glad you were only sick one day. Yes better than the virus

Were you sick for the whole 24 hours the day after?

Rose---Same is good---no gain. Good luck on the shot. Not everyone gets sick after

the 2nd shot. But yes better be prepared just in case. Were you in that big snow storm?

Ombud---Glad you liked the U and A likes---I need to do more of the A. Glad you are

down. 

Me--- I'm the same. Eating less not to gain but not enough to lose. Need to try harder.

Same is good---no gain.  

Jo--- Missed you. Glad your down, will be in the 160's soon. I now you were

talking about the QM2. Congrats on booking her. Know you have a lot

of cruises booked.

I just book air for my Oct. cruise.  It should sail-- not a USA port in sight. Now

it's just what the virus does and the vaccines works.

Everyone have a good Friday and weekend.

2 hours ago, winewanderer said:

Just read that Canada is closed to cruise ships through Feb. 2022.

I wonder if Princess will extend FCC booking by date if so. A little concerned 

Today I took my filled up car to Goodwill .... garage us cleared out

I've decided to do a bunch of meal preps as that's the easiest way for me to keep a handle on it. I'll cook a full dinner then freeze 3 portions. Tonight it's oven baked veggie burgers, potatoes, and carrots.  

Mel, I would love to be 160 again

Edited by Ombud

Belle, I'm in the same "boat" as you. Eat less to lose but stay the same. Or some weeks I think I'll gain and I'm still the same.....

Belle, we now only have a back to back cruise booked next April, 26 days, NY to Southampton then cruise around Ireland, England, Scotland. 

Ombud, our New England/Canada cruise is with Celebrity. Our deposit was FCC from last year. They are extending the expiration date to book by 4 months until April, 2022, sail by Sept. 2022.

You might check the Princess website, I'm sure they will extend also. 

I think it's great to prep. meals, makes things easier.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

18 hours ago, Belle said:

Jan---Same is good---no gain. Jan how is everything going. You've been quiet.

I've been reading all the posts and "in my mind" I have been writing very long replies .... but, somehow, they never seem to get written.  Things are ok here - I seem to be just kind of hibernating between Covid, snow, and cold.   

My daughter's birthday is this weekend and DH & I will spend some time with her (with masks, distancing, etc) ... the other kids said that they do not want to get together, my daughter is pregnant and apparently I'm old, so my "kids" want both of us to be extra careful.  I appreciate them thinking about us all ... but, I still have a difficult time not having them all together!  I do know it is for the best - miss hugs.   Jan

I'm old. My thighs hurt after cleaning, putting son's keeps in the attic, rearranging what I'm keeping, stuffing donations in the car. And apparently I hurt my shoulder getting it out of an over stuffed back seat. Really sore. Poor Koda will be lucky if he gets a 1 mile walk today. S is coming over tomorrow to take him on a run. 

Jan, I never get to see them all together. S will be here tomorrow.  D coming to watch the super bowl with me. 

Diana, I'm beginning to think my October cruise won't go.

With that in mind, I'm wondering if I should sell $3000 of my Princess gift cards online. I'd only get 680 per 1000 which is holding me back. I still have 5k FCC sitting on my 3 replacement cruises so even if I lose 32% I'm even with what I've put in. I will still sit on the 800 bonus cards and I've got 1k scattered on those 3 replacement cruises (cash deposits were required)

Tonight's meal prep: peanut stir fry w/o oil ..... it's a little harder but I make it work

Hello all

Ombud---Nice your garage is done. Sorry your sore. I kinda took time

off from clearing things out. Doing but a slower pace. Yes fixing the meals

and having them ready is the best. I always had a salad (no dressing) made

and soup or Jello so had on hand when hungry. So could grab that instead of junk.

Haven't been doing it. Should get back to it.

Where's your cruise in October? I forgot. I hope Oct. cruises are a go. Hope their

sailing by June or July for everyone. Suppose to be May. Will see It's what the

CDC says and makes them do beside what their making them do k=now.

Diana---I know it's so "madding" you eat less think your going to lose and you don't.

Better then gaining but come on scale/body! Glad you have a another cruise booked.

I've had to cancel  (they did) 8 cruises. I just took the money because I didn't know

when they or I would be cruising. I almost booked a cruise for Alaska in Sept. Glad

I didn't. Was afraid it wouldn't sail because of Canada. Booked Europe instead.

Jan---I'm glad your ok more or less. This virus is to much and going on to long.

Hope everyone gets the vaccine and wears masks in the whole world and lets

get this over with. You also have snow to live with and not seeing the kids makes

It worse. My kids and I wear masks when together. I wasn't seeing them much

at all, saw my son 2 weeks ago and my daughter a week ago. Seen them a little

bit more because of me trying to clean things out. Maybe see them next weekend.

What I hate can't give hugs or kisses. I miss that, you with husbands at least you

can hug and kiss each other and have that closeness even if can't with the kids

but us singles have no one to hug. As I say, I miss that.

You take care and stay safe. Enjoy Super Bowl Sunday if you that..no big parties

that should help with not eating to much food.

Just thinking--how many people will still have parties and not follow the rules

and some will get sick especially with new strains going around. Hope not!

My October cruise is from SF to Mexico on the Ruby Princess. I also booked it for April just in case. Sure hope it goes but I'm beginning to doubt that it will. Ruby hasn't even submitted its sailing plan to the CDC yet 

Painting my closets this weekend.  Had storage systems installed in December (still waiting for custom cabinet door s and drawers)  In preparation  have to move my clothes again.   Clothes purchased for last April’s cruise  will be donated don’t fit anymore —-means half of my clothes. So now only have dog walking clothes left.   Such an awesome dilemma.    

3 mile walk this morning. 

• Like 2

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far.

Belle, yes we did get the big snow storm last weekend.  14 inches where I live on Long Island.  And we are gearing up for another storm tomorrow, but they say about 8 inches this time.   It took them three days to plow my street.   I live on a small cul-de-sac with only three houses and they tend to forget about us.   We always have to make a fuss about it before we get plowed.

I have a cruise booked for July, but we are pretty sure that we will cancel.   My granddaughters will not be vaccinated by then and my daughter does not want to take a chance with them.   Our other cruise is for April 2022.   I'm hoping that one will be good to go.   My granddaughters will still not be vaccinated then, but I hope that it won't be as much of an issue.

Rose

Jan, sorry you are missing your kids. No hugs is a real bummer.

Belle, yes, we have the 1 cruise in April 2022 but sadly I am not at all confident it will sail.......I know it's tough for you and other that are alone. You have your kids that you can see now and then. And that is a great thing.

Ombud, have a great walk with Koda!

Izena, nice to have the closet org. system. Yeah, our nice clothes are collecting dust.....

Rose, wow that is a lot of snow. We can only hope things are better for our cruises next year.

Today hubby and I will be busy in our backyard. We have to repair our landscaping that was torn up by last week's storm. It's some exercise and while we have freezing temps. in the morning, during the day it's sunny and nice so nice weather to do it in.

Take care everyone and have a good day,

Diana

Well, fixing the landscaping was a no go. From our patio you look at the far back of the yard and think "wow, that looks really bad". You go up to it's "wow, that's really, really, really bad". 

Not something we can fix. We have to re-landscape it. It's also still too wet there. We'll wait until Winter/Spring rains/storms are done. 

I did stay out for a while pulling weeds. Hubby made an asian noodle salad for lunch with lots of cabbage, carrots and celery. Yum.

Take care eveyone, Diana

Oh Diana!!!!! New landscaping 🤑

Apparently my gate blew out of its hinges and my neighbor is bracing up part of the fence but that's it. Just need DS and an electric drill. 

Izena, closet organizer sounds great and having to go clothes shopping 👍 

Rose, I don't know when granddaughters will be vaccinated or ages that will need to be vaccinated to sail

Thought I wrote earlier see I didn't. Think I was going to write then had a phone call

which was a sad one. A friend of mine which I haven't seen in years but we talk on

the phone. Her husband has died. So sudden. wasn't the virus but the virus is making it

hard to arrange things for him. Life is so happy at times but sad at other times. 

Ombud---Glad you weren't sore today.  Ruby is on the Green list, 63 ships are Green

which means passed the virus tests the CDC has them do for 28 days, now waiting

to see what CDC says to do next. Have to follow their rules.

Izena---Sorry you have to wait for the rest of your closet. Great you have lost so much weight

that your clothes are to big but sad that you had just bought them. Nice walk!

Rose---Sorry you had so much and now excepting more. 14 ins then 8 more WOW!

Your stuck there till they plow. Yes July cruise, you don't know. If more than 7 days you 

know for sure it will be cancelled.

Diana---I hope the April 2022 cruises sail, hope even ones before that. Hope the virus

under control before then.  Sorry your backyard got so much damage. Yes better to wait till

'the rains/storms are over.  Husband fixed a good lunch, doesn't he fix lunch and dinner

at times? He's a keeper.

Have a good Sunday and take care.