3-11-21 Thursday Weigh-In---Did You March For A Loss This Week?

Belle

Did you March, Walk, Dance or Run

Did you do it and lose a ton

Did the Rain, Cold or Snow keep you from doing it

Did you just stay home and sit

Did you Eat Right and Light

Did you Eat everything in Sight

Did you Drink Water every Day

Did you say can't  No Way

Did you think the Scale will be Nice

Did you think I want it Buried in Rain or Ice

HI all!

Belle ~ somethings to think about!

I don't know what it was but I lost the 0.8 lbs that I gained last week. Right on 170 & hope to be 150 some day! Wonder if that'll happen.

Have a nice day. Sunny & warmer here. Going out to lunch with a friend later.

Stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Belle thanks for great poem made me smile.  I can’t remember — where do you live?  you always post so early.  

Jo congratulation on loss.  You seem to be stuck at 170.  I’m stuck  at 161. (That’s why I swore not to weigh in March.  Afraid I would get discouraged and fall into bad habits).  I would also like to see 150.  

Diana same is good.  

I’m still walking 3-5 mile a day.  Weather  is getting  humid. Need to start carrying water for our walks.  Jazzper is 13 and he’s not shy about drinking from puddles but there is no guarantee of availability’s.  I don’t  him to get dehydrated.   

Hello all.  I did weigh today.  I didn't last week due to all the nsaids after vaccine.  I was down 2 pounds.  If only i could loose a pound a week for extended periods!  Ineza I understand not weighing but it is so hard to do.  I too seem to reward myself for losses or eat when depressed from gains.  Such a self defeating attitude!  So Belle thank you for the poems and everyone for the conversation.  Maybe I can stay on track with the weather getting better.

We have SNOW!! So happy 🙂 love it when it's only 1-2".  Belle, that should be enough to bury the tape measure

Diana, how cold is it up there?

Sharon, Jo, Izena kudos on losses. I found it

Belle, thanks for the poem.

Jo, great being down this week. 

Diana, you are always so consistent!

Izena, I'm sure you're down with all the walking. We have had some of Houston's humidity up here this week too. There's not enough hair spray to control my fly-aways. 

Susan, nice job being down with the travel and shower!

Ombud, sorry for the gain. Yay for the "just right" amount of snow.

I'm down 2.3 this week and crossed the 40 pounds lost mark. Just barely, but it still counts! 30-35 to go!

• Like 2

Izena, so great you are walking so much!

Alabastercruiser, good loss for the week. The hard part is always keeping at the weight loss, maintence.

Ombud, we got a ton of rain and there was ahil in the area. the foothills, 1/2 hour from us, got some snow. Very chilly this a.m. Let's hope the gain goes away soon.

Wow, Mel, great loss and total. Yippee, congrats, that is so great. 

Take care, Diana

Since I'm so late in posting will jus say---Hello this Friday the 12th Morning.

Jo---Nice you had a loss, as they say--Take It.  Hope you had a nice lunch

and time with your friend.

Diana---No gain is a good week in some ways, it means no gain. Sorry about the cold and

rain. That was close snow. More rain is coming Sun. and Mon. your way. Stay warm.

Izena---I post the night before or early morning because I'm a night owl. If did in the morning it  would be late if didn't set the alarm. not doing that.:classic_smile: Great job and your walking.

Susan---Good loss. 2 lbs is good. Yes if we all could lose a pound every week would be good

We're all human and do eat when we fell good and when we're depressed. That's why it's

hard to lose!

Ombud---Happy for your snow, yes enough to bury your tape measure. Is there enough to

bury my scale? Sorry you think you gained. I'm joining you.

Mel---A Big Congrats. A great loss this week. You've been so good. 40 lbs gone! You'll

be able to wear a "thong bathing suit" in your pool.

Me--Have a gain, my fault, last few days eating my emotions. I can write what we should

do to lose weight but don't always follow what I say. I'm human! Will do better this week.

Everyone have a good Friday. Take care and be safe.

• Like 1

I cleaned out and organized the entire pantry over the last couple days, including the "cake" side. I haven't really organized my side since we moved in almost 4 years ago, and it was definitely overdue. I only had to get rid of a few expired items on the family side. I tossed out a lot of old chocolate from when I used to make cake pops. I took them off my menu a year or so ago after an all night argument with 180 of the little buggers. It looks so neat in there now that I don't want to touch anything.   

Our meal kit came messed up this week. Instead of chicken breast, chicken thighs, and ingredients for 2 different meals, they got all the meat right but gave us double ingredients for one meal and none for the other. Oh well, they're crediting our account a bit and we'll just have extra veggies with that meal. DH has a plan for the other chicken already, but he hasn't shared what it will be.

It's been sprinkling off an on today, so I'll walk inside. 

Belle - I do need to start looking for a new bathing suit, but that one isn't going to happen.🤪 

I guess everyone started their weekend early besides me and Mel.

I'm here and no one has talked beside Mel. Hope your all well and

enjoying what ever your doing.

Mel why not the Thong?😄  Nice job on the pantry. I went though some

boxes in my closet. Kept some stuff and threw out some things. Found pictures

of me from high school in my memory box.....wish I weighed that now----I looked

good and thought I weighed to  much!  If we only knew.

Keep on keeping on everyone.

Fertilized yard today,  also treated lawn for fire ants ,  treated flower beds for weeds.  Yard man (is awesome). Will trim my vitex trees (native to south Texas blooms look like lilacs).   — hoping my Texas Laura’s/ mescal bush blooms — flowers smell  like grape jelly.   

Most disliked chore is replacing lightbulbs.  Had 5 go out within a-week.   Changed  3, others are fluorescent.   What a challenge -

1–bought some from Walmart got them home found out they were broken

Hate returns.. got refund

2- went to Lowe’s  got right length wrong diameter — need to return

once I get the correct size the next obstacle will be to figure out how to get the covers off  and  remove the old tubes.

Eating  right most of time, drinking lots.  Ordered a few tank tops and capris for the coming  hot weather.  Once the heat hits I won’t get in the miles and will have to do some walking w/o Jazzper.  

Izena, great that your tending the yard. I bought the spray for mildew. Now I just need to do it

Mel, confession time. I reorganized my son's cupboard the last time I watched his kids and he thanked me for restocking staples!! I didn't buy anything. Just put baking on 1 shelf, cooking on another, breakfast & snacks on a 3rd, then miscellaneous.  

Belle, definitely no thong for me 😳 but I'm still down from when I joined the thread

Diana, stranger weather still. It was 70 yesterday

S came over from SF arriving at MN last night. Koda was so excited that he wouldn't let me get back to sleep until 3am (sleeps on my bed)

Off to spray the vinca

Belle, sorry you gained. I'm sure it will come off soon. 

Mel, gee, so busy. Nice you cleaned out your pantry. Nice to do those tyoes of things. Sorry your meal kits were messed up. 

Izena, yikes, fire ants? That is not fun. Hope you kill the little buggers. Nice you bought some new clothes for spring/summer weather. In a couple of months we'll all be complaining it's too hot.....

Ombud, we had a nice day yesterday too, 68. Today 66. 

Are we all ready for the time change? I am. With it comes warmer weather, which I'm looking forward to. Just hate the 100 degree temps. of summer.....

Our area moves to the red tier this week. Our gym should reopen. We're going to risk going, we're so bored! Will do like last summer.......go during the day...very few people, wear mask, etc.

Have a good day, Diana

Afternoon All

Mel---Just kidding about the thong. You've done great with the weight loss.

Izena---Nice yard.  Changing light blubs can be a pain. 

Ombud---No thong for you either:classic_smile: Great on weight being down.

Diana---Glad your in red but be careful at the gym.

I'm looking for warmer weather. The time change here tonight, lighter

longer will help.  Take care all

Belle, I don't care for the time change either time of the year. It's too hard to get the kids into a routine that's off by just an hour. I do like the longer days though. 

Ombud, isn't it amazing what you can find when it's all organized. My son was the same way - he found some cheese cracker packages that got buried under some other cracker for a few months and was so excited. Maybe you can get in a nap today. 

Izena, we hate changing lights too. One went out above my son's bathtub a couple days ago. I told him just to take a shower in my bathroom so he wouldn't be in the dark. DH said he'll change it today - we have high ceilings and he has this suction cup pole thing to change the lights out. 

Diana, enjoy your outing to the gym. We're starting to feel cooped up too. I think part of that is we can't even get in our back yard right now. The electrician didn't cover up any of his conduit trenches - I assume for an inspection since there's a grounding wire in them. 

I'm finally starting to get my tax stuff together for DH. It should just take me a couple hours, but I would rather go clean out the fridge or some other chore. Oh well. It will be done by this afternoon.

44 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

tax stuff

So my sister and S did their taxes / she file & then found out that 10.2k of unemployment is not taxable. So she's waiting for a refund.  He didn't file yet so I told him to wait as he might not owe after all!! Will take time for these online tax programs to get all the new American Recovery Act rules incorporated.  I think Lacerte and Protax will be faster but that's not DIY

8 hours ago, Belle said:

clocks

I thought we voted to not change our clocks anymore! And of course I didn't 

22 hours ago, winewanderer said:

red tier this week

I'm in the red tier this morning too!!! I'm not changing much. I will see my sister Wednesday but really excited that we might be orange in 2 weeks. Then I will go to Mendocino for a few days. I found a dog friendly hotel that everyone raves about has available rooms. I foresee hiking new trails in the not to distant future 

22 hours ago, Izena said:

replacing lightbulbs

Oh yeah. I just moved the last lamp light bulb out of office. Over the last year I've also moved them out of the music room. I need to add those to my shopping list. 

WEIGHT: Up 1" as expected. No new capris until that's gone

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.  This morning I decided to pick up trash on the side of the road.  We live in the country and I walk every morning.  It makes me sad to see garbage litter everywhere.  I cleaned to our property line and a little farther.  Almost a mile!  Can't believe how many plastic water bottles I picked up.  I don't get it.  There is a garbage can from where you came and one wherever you are going.  Why throw it out your window!  Ok I'll get off my soapbox.  In the country a lot of things blow out of the beds of trucks.  I kept telling myself they didn't know it was happening😁.  Next week we will be able to attend church without fear.  The small country church where we go takes little or no precautions.  We will have on a mask.

Good Morning - I finally weighed myself this morning - I don't seem to have much energy to do much this week.  I am down 2.6# of which 2.2# was what I was up this week.  So, technically I'm down 0.4# which is probably what I was up the week before that!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.  Enjoying everyone's posts!.  Jan

Yay.  My son is better only has minor headache.  
Watching friends schnauzers while she has cataract surgery.  They are as old as Jazzper .  Easy to care for .   Could only walk 1.5miles this morning.

Dreading the Houston hot weather.  My walks will be shorter, and will need to carry water yuck.   

American Cruise lines has started cruising.  First was out of Jacksonville, FL.   

Ombud - sorry you're up. 

Susan - we live in a subdivision and loose stuff always seems to fall out of the garbage truck when they pick up. You can always tell what day our trash pick up is.

Jan - glad you're down, even if it is the weight you found the last couple weeks. At least it's coming off!

Izena - I feel for you. I have told my husband that I would never move back because of the brutal summers. He went to A&M, so he had a taste of it for a few years.

I finished my part of the taxes, and then DH said he wasn't going to finish them until this coming weekend. I'm trying not to be offended. 😆

I had a very small in office medical procedure this morning, and I'll be on antibiotics for about 5 days. I'm trying to figure out how it's going to affect my eating window because I'm supposed to take them with food. Do I continue to fast through breakfast and just take one with lunch and one at bedtime, or eat a small breakfast and then dinner? It will be weird eating breakfast every morning, but I think that's what I'm leaning towards so I can space out the medicine equally. I expect to be up this week and maybe even next, but it won't last long. 

Hope everyone is doing well. 

Mel, at least breakfast is at the beginning of the day, so lots of time to burn it off. You could go for something light. I can't live without breakfast. 

Izena, score, more dogs to walk. Really getting in your miles. 

Ombud, bummer on the gain. Darn. Nice you can plan a trip.

My hubby would love to go somewhere but I've told him to stop asking me until AT LEAST I get vaccinated. He gets his 2nd shot next week but I am not yet eligible. 

Jan, big loss this week. I know the up, down, up, down too well but you are making progress, yeah!

Alabaster, I pick up trash in front of our house too when I see it. Bugs me....

Belle, hope you're doing well. 

Take care everyone, Diana

Edited by winewanderer

I'm liking that it stays lighter longer and spring will be here Sat.

Hoping we will get spring weather soon, know you with snow

are wishing it more.

Ombud-- hope you weren't late for anything forgetting about the clocks

Susan--that is so nice that you pick up trash of people who are thoughtless

Jan--sorry you don't have energy this week, good loss hope still there on Thursday

Izena--glad your son is better and you got some walking time in

Mel--hope your feeling better and you work out taking your meds

Diana--I'm doing find just tired of everything.  Hope you can get your vaccine soon to 

match your husband.

Take care

I picked up my prescription and the generic they gave me says to take on an empty stomach so it shouldn't be a problem now. 

We get our second dose on Thursday.

I made the dogs' reservation at the kennel for when we will be going to see my MIL in a couple weeks. I'm glad they are still open after this past year with so few people traveling - it's a small family run place. 

DS's birthday is next Friday. He's finally decided on what kind of cake he wants, but the design keeps growing. 😆

I heard on the news this morning that Moderna has started testing the younger age group of kids now, but it probably won't be available until the beginning of next year. I think we may go ahead and cancel our October cruise. Even if it goes, I'm not sure we want to be on it if the kids aren't vaccinated yet. If they  are able to get the shot by then, we can just plan a quick land vacation to Great Wolf Lodge for a few days.