Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

1 hour ago, miniyorkie said:

Hello joeecco. Please can you tell me where i can find more information re the Disney 2-4 nights as you mentioned. I have been on the Disney cruise official page but only 7 nights from Dover showing. Cant find any shorter cruise info.Thank you. 

Best source is Disney themselves https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/overview/uk-magic-at-sea/?CMP=EMC-DDI-DCL_FY21Q2_UK_Awareness_Upper_ODS_Burst_eNews_Project Poppins Launch_Hero CTA&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eNews&utm_campaign=DDI-DCL_UK_Awareness&utm_content=Upper_ODS_Burst_Project Poppins Launch&utm_term=Hero CTA&dclid=CJWbrqSrzu8CFZusUQodgAwJ5A

Happy Cruising haha

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Easier than that?  Copy Link, Click Reply, Paste Link

Yes, thanks for that. Another trick to shorten and condense Joeeco's 6 line url is to save ***** to your desktop :- https://*****.com/app/

copy and paste into ***** and the 6 line url becomes :-

https://*****.com/tr2wc3ny

5 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

Yes, thanks for that. Another trick to shorten and condense Joeeco's 6 line url is to save ***** to your desktop :- https://*****.com/app/

copy and paste into ***** and the 6 line url becomes :-

https://*****.com/tr2wc3ny

Does it really matter the length of the link on a forum like this? 😂😂 

Just now, joeecco said:

Does it really matter the length of the link on a forum like this? 😂😂 

Your link worked for me so that was great. My fault as that was the page i ckecked but  didnt read the front headlines LOL - went immediately to find a cruise. Too eager to find a suitable cruise - but I am thinking will still be too pricey. Cheers 

13 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Your link worked for me so that was great. My fault as that was the page i ckecked but  didnt read the front headlines LOL - went immediately to find a cruise. Too eager to find a suitable cruise - but I am thinking will still be too pricey. Cheers 

Haha easily done. 

We are looking at the Dover sailings for next year as a potential wedding plan B, and it’s looking at around 4K total for a balcony to the fjords, for a luxury line I’m happy with that! Now the decision to be made haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

The waters around the Uk are going to be very busy this summer!

Aren't they just?

My Celebrity Agent got back to me immediately asking where I had got the information re their (as yet unconfirmed) new summer UK itineraries because he'd heard nothing. Not unusual for those on the front line to be the last to hear.  

I would never have believed there would be enough demand even with reduced capacity, but then, I never thought I would be joining in the demand either!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Aren't they just?

My Celebrity Agent got back to me immediately asking where I had got the information re their (as yet unconfirmed) new summer UK itineraries because he'd heard nothing. Not unusual for those on the front line to be the last to hear.  

I would never have believed there would be enough demand even with reduced capacity, but then, I never thought I would be joining in the demand either!

That’s mad he didn’t know 😆

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

That’s mad he didn’t know 😆

If the information is accurate yes, but no official confirmation from Celebrity yet and their website still shows their original itineraries on sale!  I read that the Disney UK summer sailings were leaked forcing them to release details earlier than they had planned, so it may be the same with Celebrity, who haven't responded as quickly?  The unconfirmed itineraries do have a realistic look about them though.  I'd be disappointed if it turns out to be a very clever hoax!

• Like 1

Today booked a Sky Princess 10 day cruise to UK, Cork and Guernsey departing 5th October. Seemed pretty good value, we went for a mini suite and the £30 a day drinks and tips package.

Now that the insurance threads have been merged I can't seem to find the information, but as the cruise goes to Ireland and Guernsey does normal travel insurance cover costs even though we may be in UK waters at the time of any crisis? I have the Nationwide Flex Plus insurance.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 1

We thought long and hard and decided it was better than not going anywhere. We’ve opted for Iona around the Scottish Islands. Sometimes the summers area are better than down in Edinburgh where we live. However I’m going to treat it like an Alaskan Cruise nae had and prepared for any eventuality clothing wise. Iona has the added advantage of the Skydome to get out of the elements. Just maybe we will see whales and dolphins as lots been sighted around the North of Scotland, would be good if they have speakers onboard, one was a naturalist. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Today booked a Sky Princess 10 day cruise to UK, Cork and Guernsey departing 5th October. Seemed pretty good value, we went for a mini suite and the £30 a day drinks and tips package.

Now that the insurance threads have been merged I can't seem to find the information, but as the cruise goes to Ireland and Guernsey does normal travel insurance cover costs even though we may be in UK waters at the time of any crisis? I have the Nationwide Flex Plus insurance.

Your ship will not be going to Guernsey as they announced on March 3rd all cruise ships will be banned for 2021.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/5924/

• Thanks 1

Just now, silversurf said:

We have booked this Scottish Islands one too. Never been on Iona, it looks so big that it will take us a week to explore it all and as you say there will be sealife to watch too.

Better go on a cruise to nowhere than go nowhere again this year.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Your ship will not be going to Guernsey as they announced on March 3rd all cruise ships will be banned for 2021.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/5924/

If that is the case then not too bothered, would have only got off to buy a tax free ipad, like last time. Been to Guernsey on previously cruises.  Love days at sea. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rettie said:

We thought long and hard and decided it was better than not going anywhere. We’ve opted for Iona around the Scottish Islands. Sometimes the summers area are better than down in Edinburgh where we live. However I’m going to treat it like an Alaskan Cruise nae had and prepared for any eventuality clothing wise. Iona has the added advantage of the Skydome to get out of the elements. Just maybe we will see whales and dolphins as lots been sighted around the North of Scotland, would be good if they have speakers onboard, one was a naturalist. 

We went on an Alaskan cruise with Cunard 2 years ago. instead of towels there were picnic blankets to wrap around yourself on deck, with a hot drink in hand it was lovely and relaxing. Having said that for most of the days it was in the 70s f.

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We went on an Alaskan cruise with Cunard 2 years ago. instead of towels there were picnic blankets to wrap around yourself on deck, with a hot drink in hand it was lovely and relaxing. Having said that for most of the days it was in the 70s f.

We were also on an Alaskan cruise in 2019 with Cunard, may even have been the same one. The weather was great, I wore T shirts and shorts every day apart from the day we did the scenic cruise to Hubbard glacier, the wind blowing off the glacier was icy but the scenery was mesmerising, the hot chocolate with a shot of brandy was just the job. Our favourite cruise to date which we have every intention of repeating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

We were also on an Alaskan cruise in 2019 with Cunard, may even have been the same one. The weather was great, I wore T shirts and shorts every day apart from the day we did the scenic cruise to Hubbard glacier, the wind blowing off the glacier was icy but the scenery was mesmerising, the hot chocolate with a shot of brandy was just the job. Our favourite cruise to date which we have every intention of repeating.

I also did an Alaskan QE cruise that year. I went on deck to see the Hubbard Glacier in full winter clothes and had to take my coat, hat and scarf off it was so warm. I'll never forget it, beautiful scenery. We are doing Iona in August so although there is a risk regarding the weather I'll go for layers, I don't expect to be sunbathing.

• Like 1