If you can't take your next cruise, what will you do with the refund? (and/or "Where will you go?")

Incognito1

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

They had nothing at all about my local area.I am in a relatively small town of 30,000 people but there are several places that tourists as well as local residents visit in the summer.

They usually try to list things that are on the more unusual side not really big tourist items though some of their listings have become big tourist sights over the years. 

We decided last month to try to move our deposit for our January 2022 trip to 2023, if we can't we'll just eat the $100 deposit. Were tired of all of the unknowns and instability of the ever changing situation.
I booked a villa on the south side of Jamaica, near a small village. Wide open house plan and right on the beach, so lots of fresh sea air. We invited our two adult kids and their significant others, they just have to get there and we'll cover the rest. If need be because of the Covid situation, we will just stay at the villa and have the cook pick up any grocery items.

4 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

If CCL would finally cancel the July cruises, we will book an AI in Cancun. I have to wait for CCL to cancel because the OBC is worth waiting for. If they don't cancel, we get to sail. Either way it is a win for us.

If they cancel you can get a refund. (Is OBC you refer to the same as FCC?)

Our next one is 10/31/21. If that doesn't sail, I'll roll the funds over to one we've booked in April 2022. If that one doesn't sail, I'll roll the funds over to one we've booked in September 2022. If that doesn't sail ... well, I don't know what I'll do about that.

2 hours ago, clo said:

If they cancel you can get a refund. (Is OBC you refer to the same as FCC?)

Thx. I think what I have read in the past is that if CCL cancels, you get an FCC (of your deposit) + $600 OBC. We already have a November cruise with CCL. I want to transfer the FCC to the November cruise and the $600 + OBC.

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Thx. I think what I have read in the past is that if CCL cancels, you get an FCC (of your deposit) + $600 OBC. We already have a November cruise with CCL. I want to transfer the FCC to the November cruise and the $600 + OBC.

Well, that's certainly your option but from what I was told here and also acted on, they legally have to refund you if that's your preference.

On 4/13/2021 at 4:02 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

Yes they do. I can get a refund right now if I choose. But since I have another CCL cruise in November, taking the FCC + $600 OBC is worth it to me. Just pointless waiting 4-5 more weeks for what they already know.

Not a hundred percent sure but FCC/OBC offers are usually for new bookings, not for existing ones. Of course this may be different during these tumultuous times.

I asked several times on the Carnival thread. They do not give a bonus FCC. I specifically asked for the OBC to be moved to an existing reservation and I was told by my TA and others here that it is valid for an existing reservation. We will see in a few weeks.

• Like 1

We hope to spend another winter in SE Asia.  January-March.

What surprises us is that the prices are going down.  Air on our preferred airline dropped 25 percent last week.  Resort prices for Jan through April bookings are down by the same percentage or more.

Not enough for us to book until we are closer to the date and understand what the covid situation and rules will be like.   But interesting, since cruise pricing appears to be going the opposite way.

While we still expect our cruise to be a "go" in November we'll be doing a weekend in Nashville in early September. My last ship is having a reunion there and it's one place DW will always go to, even if only to hear a bunch of old, overweight sailors tell sea stories.

15 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Just finished booking a trip to South Dakota for a week.  It will be a very long time until we will book a cruise again.

Getting close to me, it is a neat place with a lot of space in between. Have a fantastic time!

• Like 1