CDC Level 4 Countries

Woobstr112G

So far so good! Has had her negative test to get on the plane on Sunday. The locator form gets printed out this evening and her 2 tests needed in England have been booked and paid for.

Still left to do is the booking of the test to return in 2 weeks but that cannot be done yet.

Airline tickets --printed

Train tickets  from London to home town---printed. 

What a nightmare!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

The level 4 is because of the variant so I have been told.

Unfortunately the UK is one of the world's leading genome sequencing countries, hence we tend to identify strains rather more quickly than others. Just because the strain has been identified in the UK,  that does not mean it is already prevalent elsewhere! 

• Like 1

Every country in North America (including the USA) and South America and almost every country in Europe is at level 4 according to CDC map at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html  (Iceland and Greenland are the only places in Europe not at level-4.)

Countries at level-4 include:

Travelers should avoid all travel to these destinations.

So if you want to take a cruise that does not go to a level 4 country, which ports would you be going to?

Remember that many countries not on the level-4 list such as Australia, New Zealand, China and Japan are not allowing any foreigners to enter their countries for vacation purposes.

And for those who say they are willing to just go to Princess Cays, note that the Bahamas is also at level-4.

So, where can you cruise to if you want to avoid level-4 countries?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Every country in North America (including the USA) and South America and almost every country in Europe is at level 4 according to CDC map at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html  (Iceland and Greenland are the only places in Europe not at level-4.)

So if you want to take a cruise that does not go to a level 4 country, which ports would you be going to?

Remember that many countries not on the level-4 list such as Australia, New Zealand, China and Japan are not allowing any foreigners to enter their countries for vacation purposes.

And for those who say they are willing to just go to Princess Cays, note that the Bahamas is also at level-4.

Well, in the past my travel medical insurance would not be valid if the country had this type of advisory, so I won’t be going to any of them in 2021. 

a reality check- we are still in a world- wide pandemic.

Vaccines ran out in my areas large vaccination centre, so it has cancelled appointments and closed down until they get supplied again next week. 

4 hours ago, caribill said:

What I don't understand is why a country like the UK that has a far lower level of CV19 infections and a lower death rate than the US, is on the list!

We are going to St.Marteen,St Lucia ,Tortola and Barbados in June on Celebrity. St.Marteen is a level 3 and Tortola is also I believe. We did not even bother with insurance for this one as we knew it would not be valid.  If the levels are adjusted by the end of May we might buy some then. We do have 25,000 medical with our Health Insurance.

24 minutes ago, wowzz said:

What I don't understand is why a country like the UK that has a far lower level of CV19 infections and a lower death rate than the US, is on the list!

Mainly because that is not how the levels are determined.  The UK has been bumping along at about 45 cases per million (4.5 cases per 100,000) for last 28 days.  So, they have just over 100 cases per 100,000 over the trailing 28 day period.... just enough to put them in Level 4.  Other countries, like Canada, would be at Level 21 or so right now but the CDC  and WHO haven't bothered going there....

C88C7EC1-E91D-4B17-B00A-CB09E7138DBD.png

To gmjc2 ... a question or two .... where will you get your PCR test at the end of the voyage .... and how will you get back to the US if you have a positive PCR test for any reason (false positive, asymptotic positive, etc.)? Insurance might be a good thing to have under those circumstances. Finally, will Celebrity take care of you until you get home, or are you on your own?

3 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Mainly because that is not how the levels are determined.  The UK has been bumping along at about 45 cases per million (4.5 cases per 100,000) for last 28 days.  So, they have just over 100 cases per 100,000 over the trailing 28 day period.... just enough to put them in Level 4.  Other countries, like Canada, would be at Level 21 or so right now but the CDC  and WHO haven't bothered going there....

C88C7EC1-E91D-4B17-B00A-CB09E7138DBD.png

Thanks for clearing that up.

4 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

We do have 25,000 medical with our Health Insurance.

That should last you the first couple of days! 

To go on any type of holiday these days, without serious insurance cover, is foolhardy in the extreme.

From the CDC reference ...

• If you travel on a cruise ship or river cruise and disembark in a foreign port, you might not be able to receive appropriate medical care or be medically evacuated if you get sick.

How do you deal with this without full applicable medical insurance?

On 4/22/2021 at 9:54 AM, gmjc2 said:

Daughter leaves for UK on Sunday. If the CDC has given UK a level 4 then her travel insurance will be void. Just great!!!

She has to jump through enough hoops as it is and she is fully vaccinated!  

Test before she goes--2 tests in the UK while in a 10 day quarantine 

Test before she returns home!  All adding another $300.00 to her trip cost!

Maybe Level 4 should represent the amount of hoops and money you have to go through in order to travel. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dog said:

Well, in the past my travel medical insurance would not be valid if the country had this type of advisory, so I won’t be going to any of them in 2021. 

a reality check- we are still in a world- wide pandemic.

Vaccines ran out in my areas large vaccination centre, so it has cancelled appointments and closed down until they get supplied again next week. 

I can't for the life of me figure out how Canada became a 3rd world country in terms of vaccine supply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I can't for the life of me figure out how Canada became a 3rd world country in terms of vaccine supply.

yep, that closing of the borders to the US seems to be working out well for them ... they may want to revisit that in case CDC releases the cruise ships to resume

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That should last you the first couple of days! 

To go on any type of holiday these days, without serious insurance cover, is foolhardy in the extreme.

We always have insurance but until we know for sure that we will be cruising to these islands there is no point in wasting the money. As for the $25,000 it is only to cover the immediate needs then one is medevacked back home. There is a 100,000,00 coverage for that.

As for the testing. The cruiseline tests you when you get there and again as you disembark. It is not necessary to have the PCR because that takes too long to get results. The Antigen is accepted and they give you the proof to take to the airline.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yep, that closing of the borders to the US seems to be working out well for them ... they may want to revisit that in case CDC releases the cruise ships to resume

And I just heard we now have 36 cases of the India variant, as PM bans direct flights from India & Pakistan for a month. 
Many have figured out how to work around the closed borders.