Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

2 minutes ago, favouriteplaces said:

How boarding will be handled is anyone’s guess currently. My next cruise isn’t until September, so I’m hoping those cruising before will confirm this as they are notified. I think the booking of gangway slots is to minimise queues (thinking possibly for tender tickets).

Events on JourneyView have ticket numbers, so you can see tickets numbers available (much like excursions bookings in advance)  - probably for social distancing/capacity reasons

looks like we need to go ahead and download the app NOW for a Thanksgiving cruise to get a 'ticket' for an 'event' ??? what a crock, and it's not butter ..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

looks like we need to go ahead and download the app NOW for a Thanksgiving cruise to get a 'ticket' for an 'event' ??? what a crock, and it's not butter ..

It probably won’t show all the activities for your sailing until mid-September  , & mid-October for my Christmas cruise...fingers crossed things go to plan 

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2021 at 6:54 AM, Grego said:

I guess I will have to wait for the next release as well.  Currently, when I try to link to any of my current bookings I get a message which say, "No booking number found".  I called the corporate office and had a nice chat with one of the reps and she confirmed that the booking does exist and that I should delete the app and then re-install and wait a couple of hours and try to link the app to the booking.........and that didn't work.

We have 79 days until we embark on the CB so I'm sure by then MedallionClass app will be working just fine so we can order the medallions and finish any other items that are associated with this booking.

Until then, I'll get the packing template out and get ready for packing for our 46th Princess voyage.

Just tried to link my booking and got the same message you did.  Are you just leaving the app in place that you have now or are you going to re-install once again? 

14 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Just tried to link my booking and got the same message you did.  Are you just leaving the app in place that you have now or are you going to re-install once again? 

Great question.  I have tried deleting the app and then going to the App Store and attempted to download the new version, but it showed it was in the cloud and when it opened and I went to link to the booking I got the same message, "no booking number found".  Funny thing is that when I go to the Personalizer within the MedallionClass app, it shows all 7 of our booked upcoming voyages.  I had called the help desk for the app before and all they tell me is delete and download but that hasn't worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am also having a lot of problems with MedallionClass App.  I am new to this app but not new to Princess.

I phoned yesterday and I was told to uninstall and reinstall - It does not work.  I have a Samsung tablet (Android 10) and a Samsung phone (Android 10) and apparently, it is Android that seems to be the problem - I was told?????

Login only works with Quick Access with booking number. I wish I could hav a password.

Travel Checklist – everything is inserted, but no checkmarks

Choose your Ocean Medallion – cannot choose for my husband (medallion, lanyard) only mine. When I try to customize, the screen turns white. no checkmarks

MedallionPay – completed, but no checkmarks

Arrival & Departure Groups – there are no arrival groups currently available – no checkmarks

So I guess, I will wait a bit and see what happens. Thank you for all your comments.

Edited by Sunbeam56
add a sentence
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Grego said:

Great question.  I have tried deleting the app and then going to the App Store and attempted to download the new version, but it showed it was in the cloud and when it opened and I went to link to the booking I got the same message, "no booking number found".  Funny thing is that when I go to the Personalizer within the MedallionClass app, it shows all 7 of our booked upcoming voyages.  I had called the help desk for the app before and all they tell me is delete and download but that hasn't worked for me.

I have the same issue and I have an iPhone 7.  Personalizer shows my cruise, but the app doesn't recognize my booking number.  I hate tech issues....

55 minutes ago, Teeara said:

I have the same issue and I have an iPhone 7.  Personalizer shows my cruise, but the app doesn't recognize my booking number.  I hate tech issues....

I agree.  My wife and I both have iPhone 12's so I don't think it's about the phone.  I'm wondering if it has something to do if the MedallionClass app is also on other devices since with I delete it on the phone and I go the App Store it doesn't show that it is downloaded it from scratch, but from the cloud which explains why it isn't the latest version that would support accepting the booking number.  I'm going to visit all my ipads, etc and delete the app.  There is also a method to delete from the cloud but that seems to have more mystery than the Holy Trinity.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grego said:

I agree.  My wife and I both have iPhone 12's so I don't think it's about the phone.  I'm wondering if it has something to do if the MedallionClass app is also on other devices since with I delete it on the phone and I go the App Store it doesn't show that it is downloaded it from scratch, but from the cloud which explains why it isn't the latest version that would support accepting the booking number.  I'm going to visit all my ipads, etc and delete the app.  There is also a method to delete from the cloud but that seems to have more mystery than the Holy Trinity.

I have an iPhone 12 and when I checked my app this morning. The booking numbers it did not recognize last week have all been uploaded.

Edited by Syracusefan44

1 hour ago, Grego said:

Try this before you reinstall; click on app store and click on your profile in upper right-hand corner; then right below personal recommendations you will see automatic updates.  look there and see if the app has been updated to the newest software.  My bet is Princess IT depart has not refreshed their app to work with the newest IOS update.  It is up to the developers to keep their apps working on the latest software.  Apple made a new major update to IOS 14 three weeks ago.  And another big update is coming next month.

According to the medallion class app in the Apple App Store; the latest version is 3.0; which was updated by Princess 2 weeks ago.  Those of you who have iphones can check to see if that is your latest version.

I am fine in the app on Samsung S10.  Our next voyages are there.  I was able to add our friends as travel companions.  A week or so ago, three of the four registration steps were working - just no arrival groups as yet.  That was no concern as still 500 days or so away.  But today and over weekend at least, the first step brings up an error that Compass is not working and they are addressing the issue.  Not sure why, as it appeared to be working last week. 

Anyway, they have lots of time to fix it - or cause another issue - before we sail.

On 4/27/2021 at 9:31 PM, Astro Flyer said:

I updated last night to the improved MedallionClass app for my iPad however my iPhone version in the App Store isn’t available yet...anyone had any luck with an iPhone? I have the latest iOS on both devices.

No problems ordering the Medallion for October but it appears the previous lanyard & rectangular plastic holder is no longer included. We didn’t use them & didn’t see a lot of passengers using it either. We bought aftermarket clips through Amazon which worked well for us.

I just placed an order for the medallion and lanyard/plastic holder.  They are available for no charge.  Options to customize are available.  We are on the Enchantment on Dec 30, 2021.

On 5/17/2021 at 9:52 AM, AF-1 said:

According to the medallion class app in the Apple App Store; the latest version is 3.0; which was updated by Princess 2 weeks ago.  Those of you who have iphones can check to see if that is your latest version.

That's what I have.  Version 3.  It still won't recognize my booking number.  I also checked to see if the app needed an update or was recently updated and the answer to that is "no".  It's not showing as having been updated or showing on the list of apps that need to be updated.  Deleted it again, reinstalled it, but still only get the cloud option to download it.  Still won't accept my booking number AND it tells me my address is wrong which it is not.  I've check the Princess website and everything is fine there.

Edited by Teeara

3 hours ago, Teeara said:

That's what I have.  Version 3.  It still won't recognize my booking number.  I also checked to see if the app needed an update or was recently updated and the answer to that is "no".  It's not showing as having been updated or showing on the list of apps that need to be updated.  Deleted it again, reinstalled it, but still only get the cloud option to download it.  Still won't accept my booking number AND it tells me my address is wrong which it is not.  I've check the Princess website and everything is fine there.

you can log into ocean.com and leave feedback there for their app.  Hopefully they will respond to your feedback,  or you can send email to: askoceanmedallion@carnival.com and leave them feedback

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 10:20 AM, Steelers36 said:

Our next voyages were showing even though >500 days away

Where are your “next voyages”? When I open the app can only see the closest upcoming cruise, can’t see any of the others we have booked in 22 and 23, - help appreciated 👍

4 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Where are your “next voyages”? When I open the app can only see the closest upcoming cruise, can’t see any of the others we have booked in 22 and 23, - help appreciated 👍

Tap on your avatar photo at the top left. It will open up a screen showing all booked cruises. Tap on one and proceed. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Tap on your avatar photo at the top left. It will open up a screen showing all booked cruises. Tap on one and proceed. 

Thank you, working perfectly 👍

Now - how do we log into the Princess website to book a NEW cruise, because it’s been broken for weeks now? 

Just doesn’t want me to log in ……… thought this might be because they have been tinkering with the Medallion App, but if it’s fixed …… now the website please Princess 🙏

2 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Now - how do we log into the Princess website to book a NEW cruise, because it’s been broken for weeks now? 

Just doesn’t want me to log in ……… thought this might be because they have been tinkering with the Medallion App, but if it’s fixed …… now the website please Princess 🙏

Do you have 2 accounts? Did you change your PW or email address? The website login works fine for me. You may have to call and see. At one point I had 2 accounts (I sailed with my parents when I was undre 18) and they had to move everything over to one account. Good luck! 

7 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Do you have 2 accounts? Did you change your PW or email address? The website login works fine for me. You may have to call and see. At one point I had 2 accounts (I sailed with my parents when I was undre 18) and they had to move everything over to one account. Good luck! 

Should be same account in both places and same password.  Are you logging into Princess with same ID and Pswd as with MedallionClass?  @HBCcruiser has good notes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Should be same account in both places and same password.  Are you logging into Princess with same ID and Pswd as with MedallionClass?  @HBCcruiser has good notes.

Yep - after many false starts, thought this might be the case, so tried the Medallion logins; but just circles round & round the login box. We actually have our own Princess webpage too, perhaps they are still working on it. 
You all should have a look - very nice 

image.png.19cc295f1738e50b5ea7496e0a430fb3.png

https://au-www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/australia-cruises/australia/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

porky55;  that is a nice website.  Thanks for sharing

Sure is and one day soon we might actually be able to cruise from Australia and eventually, able to fly from and back into our own country 🙄🤞

9 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Sure is and one day soon we might actually be able to cruise from Australia and eventually, able to fly from and back into our own country 🙄🤞

keep the faith;  that day will come

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 6:09 PM, CineGraphic said:

Another new option is the that you can order the normal medallion, or a customized medallion for $5.

Choices include your "tagalong" art, birthstone, national flag, zodiac sign, or celebrations like birthdays and anniversaries.

I only got to look at that option one time, but the way I was reading it, I thought it stated they were magnets. I thought that meant they were going to be able to use on future medallions. The second cruise we had the medallion on it looks like they just stuck a platinum sticker over the blue center....lol