Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

On 5/26/2021 at 6:59 AM, Daniel A said:

I've posted this on two other threads and still have not found a resolution to my issue with the App.  Hopefully third time's a charm...

In order to complete my booking, I need to complete the MedallionClass App.  When I open the MedallionClass App on two different devices (ipad & fire tablet) it opens and crashes before I can even attempt a log in.  I have uninstalled the app and downloaded the app again from both Google Store
and Apple Store for each respective device a few times without any success.  I have sailed on a MedallionClass before with no problems using the app on these devices. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Exactly the same issue for me. I can't even log in before the app crashes. I deleted and reinstalled. I updated my IOS. Nada. I've used Ocean Medallion many times in the past without issue on this same iphone. Ironically, I've had zero problems with the Princess website log in...

19 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I have not had a problem with the app on my iphone.

🤣🤣🤣

Sorry but as an ex software developer this app can only be described as ****, I mean not fit for purpose and should not have been released yet. Back in the day if I put out crap like this and said it could be released to the public the best I could expect was to be fired.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

🤣🤣🤣

Sorry but as an ex software developer this app can only be described as ****, I mean not fit for purpose and should not have been released yet. Back in the day if I put out crap like this and said it could be released to the public the best I could expect was to be fired.

Good point.  My take is that it is still WIP and what they are finding is that the V3.0 does work just fine with some passengers that have installed it, but not others regardless if it is iOS or Android.  So maybe they don't consider it really a "Beta" but rather now that it's out there they are finding glitches that didn't crop up in development with their test models.

As far as I'm concerned, most of us won't be on a ship for another couple of months at least and there is time to get the bugs out.

What is amazing overall, it the fact that Princess was able to bring all their ships up to Medallion Class configuration during the pandemic which makes the brand have this exciting technology that is way above all others.

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Exactly the same issue for me. I can't even log in before the app crashes. I deleted and reinstalled. I updated my IOS. Nada. I've used Ocean Medallion many times in the past without issue on this same iphone. Ironically, I've had zero problems with the Princess website log in...

You just precisely stated the issues I'm having.  I have time to wait before my cruise, I hope Princess will be able to straighten out the app.  And yes, I have not experienced any problems at all logging into Princess website.

• Like 1

I can log in, and have added the info data they requested for my cruise, including stuff I was a little uncomfortable giving them, as they already have the info on their general website, but my problem is it doesn't appear to be holding. I log in and go to my Ocean Ready profile and none of the "checks" are holding - I have completed my Personal Info and Documents, my Choose your ocean medallion, my MedallionPay, and arrival and departure groups are not yet available. Even though all of those things are completed, it won't let me move on to next step (whatever that may be) and it's not holding onto the fact that those are completed (even though I have green checks when I hope the various parts). I'm just frustrated with it at this point. I'll use it if I have to, but it's not going to be my go-to for anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

🤣🤣🤣

Completely agree.  I think that Princess assumes the cruising public will do the UAT for them.  They shouldn't have released the app but if for some reason they needed to, there should be a disclaimer when one logs in that it's not ready for use yet.  And they are still stating in the Cruise Personalizer that booked guests need to download it and complete it.  Ditto all of the log on problems.  All of these issues have led to countless hours wasted by its guests and for the folks who answer their phones.  I've made this comment to Princess many times in the past when similar issues have occurred:  a little communication goes a long way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

And they are still stating in the Cruise Personalizer that booked guests need to download it and complete it. 

That works real well for those of us who do not own smart phones.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

I've wondered about this. My sister cannot get her iPhone app to open far enough to complete the information. 

I understand that Princess must be under enormous pressure to get their cruises operating. But they must realize that having ships going from port to port with unhappy passengers because they can't provide those passengers with the tools the cruise line is requiring them to use. My question is when will they take care of their responsibilities. 

It would be nice if the smart phone medallion class app worked as advertised.  It does not;  it has bugs. However; you can still complete all the cruise info online and pick up your medallion when you arrive at the port.  Bottom line is this:  the medallion was meant to be used onboard the ship,  yes it would be nice to have your medallion shipped to you at home so you could bring it with you to the port.  But that is not necessary,  if you have completed your personalizer online, you pick up the medallion at the port; which is a quick process, and use it onboard the ship.  You do not have to use a smart phone to use the medallion.  Yes, it is nice to have a smart phone to use the medallion class app; but not mandatory;  so let's relax because you can still have fun onboard the ship using the medallion, sans a smartphone.  The one catch to all of this;  Princess assumes every passenger owns a smart phone;  which is not true.  I would guess out of a 3,000 passenger cruise ship. 2,600 own smart phones

• Like 3

12 hours ago, caribill said:

or have an older version.

My Android phone is running 7. 

Talked to a tech today about another issue and mentioned the version thing. He said Princess issued him an Android that runs 8. Of, if only I could bump up one version, rather than buy a new phone.

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

or have an older version.

My Android phone is running 7. 

Talked to a tech today about another issue and mentioned the version thing. He said Princess issued him an Android that runs 8. Of, if only I could bump up one version, rather than buy a new phone.

Maybe looking at a 'burner phone' could work for you.  You know, the ones they sell at convenience stores or stores like Target.  Search for cheap prepaid phones.

Next step:

I made it through the log in debacle.  That was painful and frustrating.  Not that I don't trust Princess.com, but I am logging in every day "just to be sure" it is still working for me.

I cruised on several "almost" ready medallion ships (Grand/Golden/Caribbean/Ruby).  It sounded like a good plan when I first booked these cruises.  NONE were operational by the time I got on.  Yes, there were signs of life, but not.

Now, all of her ships are Medallion Ready, but I am having some of the same issues as those who posted before me.  At least, I can get into the app.  At least, I could order my medallion (I think).  But I am unable to login in.  I have to go through my booking number and all of my cruises are listed.  But I can't enter any information on "My Profile" (username, password, & pin).  But they do have my credit card number.  

I am already techno challenged.  It would be really nice if getting ready for a cruise was not so difficult.  sigh.....Thanks for the words of encouragements.

Edited by cr8tiv1

What's frustrating about the whole thing is that prior to their "upgrade" to the app, it worked perfectly for me. I've sailed a bunch of times on Medallion Class ships and had zero issues with using the app at all - in fact, I LOVED the features of it. Now I can't even get it to stay open longer than a few seconds without crashing. Thankfully, I have lots of time until my next cruise, thanks to my August sailing on Ruby getting cancelled...so I guess I can just wait it out until they iron out the kinks. Stick with it, if you haven't done Medallion Class it's worth the hassle once you are on the ship!

• Like 1

I've got a slightly different problem/complaint that what I've seen here. I had the app installed and working from a previous cruise. Recently, the Princess website required a password change, which I did. When I changed the password, it told me that now one set of credentials would work for both website and app. I opened app, and I was still logged in with my old credentials. Okay. I completed my info for upcoming cruise, including ordering medallion. Good to go? Ha! I went back in yesterday to look at something and got the login screen instead of being logged in through cookies. No worries. Entered credentials. It bombed out. Told me that I needed to link my website account with the app account. Bizarre.

19 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I've got a slightly different problem/complaint that what I've seen here. I had the app installed and working from a previous cruise. Recently, the Princess website required a password change, which I did. When I changed the password, it told me that now one set of credentials would work for both website and app. I opened app, and I was still logged in with my old credentials. Okay. I completed my info for upcoming cruise, including ordering medallion. Good to go? Ha! I went back in yesterday to look at something and got the login screen instead of being logged in through cookies. No worries. Entered credentials. It bombed out. Told me that I needed to link my website account with the app account. Bizarre.

And I just opened the app again and was auto logged in. More bizarre. Wonder what I'll get next.

54 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

. Stick with it, if you haven't done Medallion Class it's worth the hassle once you are on the ship!

What specifically did you like ? When I first got a car that did not require a key in ignition and would unlock the door when I got close, I thought 'Big Deal' but now I like the convenience. I did not see any thing attractive about Medallion but maybe I will be convinced.

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

What specifically did you like ? When I first got a car that did not require a key in ignition and would unlock the door when I got close, I thought 'Big Deal' but now I like the convenience. I did not see any thing attractive about Medallion but maybe I will be convinced.

I loved being able order drinks from the app rather than leaving where I was to go to the bar (very convenient if you don’t want to miss any part of the show/trivia). The servers will locate you with your drink! Also loved being able to find my travel pals/kids if we were not together. The keyless entry didn’t sound important to me, but if you are coming back to your room with your hands full it definitely makes life easier!!! I’m excited about the new dining feature...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I’m excited about the new dining feature...

I am too do you know how / when it will be implemented ? i.e. how far in advance can I reserve meal times and do I have to have a working Medallion app to do it - with all the complaints about Medallion App crashing I was hoping there would be access to My Time on website.

33 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I am too do you know how / when it will be implemented ? i.e. how far in advance can I reserve meal times and do I have to have a working Medallion app to do it - with all the complaints about Medallion App crashing I was hoping there would be access to My Time on website.

If you don't have the app onboard, most (if not all) features should be available on your stateroom TV or various portals located around the ship.  At least that's how it's supposed to work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

If you don't have the app onboard, most (if not all) features should be available on your stateroom TV or various portals located around the ship.  At least that's how it's supposed to work.

Thanks Daniel - I wondered specifically about reserving MDR slots pre boarding.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks Daniel - I wondered specifically about reserving MDR slots pre boarding.

I think (unless they changed) that feature is available through the Ocean Now part of the MedallionClass App.  IIRC, Ocean Now is only available once you are onboard and signed into the ship's intranet or as I mentioned through the stateroom TV.  Maybe if someone else has been able to do what you want prior to boarding, they can update this.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I think (unless they changed) that feature is available through the Ocean Now part of the MedallionClass App.  IIRC, Ocean Now is only available once you are onboard and signed into the ship's intranet or as I mentioned through the stateroom TV.  Maybe if someone else has been able to do what you want prior to boarding, they can update this.

One more thing on the ToDo list after boarding (Sanctuary is always number one if wanting it that voyage).

• Haha 1