Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Before the Pandemic there was no assigned Anytime Dining room. You could use anyone that was open for Anytime and did not have to stick to the same one.

Not sure why they are now asking for an Anytime dining room preference.

I am not sure either.  On most ships, you have one mid-ship DR (Deck 5 typically) that is 100% AT all evening and the other mid-ship (Deck 6 typically) that is TD for early and then, as tables turn over, becomes AT for rest of the evening.  So, early AT diners really only have one choice (unless HW's send folks upstairs once empty table places are noticed upstairs).  For later dining, folks could head to either one.  Not sure what the preference will do as no guarantee of getting same table each evening.

Of course, if a voyage has insufficient TD requests to fill upper MDR, then it will be used for AT as well at the early seating times.

38 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

So, early AT diners really only have one choice (unless HW's send folks upstairs once empty table places are noticed upstairs).  For later dining, folks could head to either one. 

If selecting one means that is the one you have to use, then anyone who knows which one is open early may end up selecting that one.

After all, anytime means anytime and one may not know what time they  to eat until each evening so they might not want to restrict themselves to the one that is not open early.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Before the Pandemic there was no assigned Anytime Dining room. You could use anyone that was open for Anytime and did not have to stick to the same one.

Not sure why they are now asking for an Anytime dining room preference.

My guess would be the social distancing dance they're going to need to do over the next 6 months or so. They want to assign folks to a space for planning purposes?

31 minutes ago, caribill said:

If selecting one means that is the one you have to use, then anyone who knows which one is open early may end up selecting that one.

After all, anytime means anytime and one may not know what time they  to eat until each evening so they might not want to restrict themselves to the one that is not open early.

Right on.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

My guess would be the social distancing dance they're going to need to do over the next 6 months or so. They want to assign folks to a space for planning purposes?

I don't think so, but we won't know until ships sail for 100% certain.  Social distancing isn't going to be (rather, should not be) an issue with vaccinated pax and crew, plus the ships are not sailing full to begin with from what we read so far.

46 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

If so, it is still hard to do it for that purpose. Anytime means all who picked one dining room could show up at the same time even though they could not all be seated at once.

• Like 1

I just called the phone number to reach the Medallion Navigators to report the problems that I have experienced with the Medallion Class app (hubby not showing up as traveling partner for two of four booked cruises; can't choose arrival / departure times for any cruise; says that booking numbers for friends traveling with us are invalid when I try to add them as a traveling party).  The person I spoke with said that they are working on a variety of updates which has been reported above.  She also said that when the updates are ready that we will be advised to delete the newly downloaded app and replace it with a new one.  She indicated that this was in a press release but I failed to find anything recent about this on the Princess website.  Also, she said that we shouldn't be accessing the app until we receive a notice that we need to do so to become Ocean Ready.  It's all very peculiar but I will wait it out I guess.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

She also said that when the updates are ready that we will be advised to delete the newly downloaded app and replace it with a new one.  She indicated that this was in a press release but I failed to find anything recent about this on the Princess website.  Also, she said that we shouldn't be accessing the app until we receive a notice that we need to do so to become Ocean Ready.  It's all very peculiar but I will wait it out I guess.

Thanks for sharing the info you received from a Medallion Navigator however like you I’ve never seen a press release stating what she said. If it wasn’t intended for us to be accessing it now then it shouldn’t be available on the App Store & listed when checking for installed app updates…very peculiar indeed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks for sharing the info you received from a Medallion Navigator however like you I’ve never seen a press release stating what she said. If it wasn’t intended for us to be accessing it now then it shouldn’t be available on the App Store & listed when checking for installed app updates…very peculiar indeed.

Oh I agree with you, it didn't seem like I was given the right story but I do have some time before our next scheduled cruise so I can afford to wait.  I would also have thought that she would have wanted to know the specific issues I was experiencing to make sure that they were all being addressed but when I asked she just said it would be fine with the next release.

• Like 1

After 3+ yrs of development ...

Still glitchy?

Are there no competent and laid off IT people looking for employment? 

Or even needing a side hustle?

Edited by pms4104

22 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I do seem to recall having that problem when working with the new version a few days ago.  That said, I am an IT guy, so I just went about it again or something like a do-over.  Sorry, cannot tell you exactly, but everything worked out with both of us updated and my card recorded similar to Cruise Personalizer.  I wouldn't likely use the on-shore feature either.  Anyway, try it again and see if you cannot get success.

Thank you for the follow up. I went back into Medallion Pay again and discovered it was user error - you have to select the credit card you want your beneficiary to use, then the "Save" button un-greys and you can save the update. I guess, even though you only have one credit card specified on your account, you still need to select it before authorizing/adding any companions to use it. Thanks again!

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 2:04 PM, azbirdmom said:

I just called the phone number to reach the Medallion Navigators to report the problems that I have experienced with the Medallion Class app (hubby not showing up as traveling partner for two of four booked cruises; can't choose arrival / departure times for any cruise; says that booking numbers for friends traveling with us are invalid when I try to add them as a traveling party).  The person I spoke with said that they are working on a variety of updates which has been reported above.  She also said that when the updates are ready that we will be advised to delete the newly downloaded app and replace it with a new one.  She indicated that this was in a press release but I failed to find anything recent about this on the Princess website.  Also, she said that we shouldn't be accessing the app until we receive a notice that we need to do so to become Ocean Ready.  It's all very peculiar but I will wait it out I guess.

I guess I will have to wait for the next release as well.  Currently, when I try to link to any of my current bookings I get a message which say, "No booking number found".  I called the corporate office and had a nice chat with one of the reps and she confirmed that the booking does exist and that I should delete the app and then re-install and wait a couple of hours and try to link the app to the booking.........and that didn't work.

We have 79 days until we embark on the CB so I'm sure by then MedallionClass app will be working just fine so we can order the medallions and finish any other items that are associated with this booking.

Until then, I'll get the packing template out and get ready for packing for our 46th Princess voyage.

• Like 1

I have a vintage Samsung S5, a good 7 years old, but unlocked, rooted and running a custom ROM that gives me Android 10. I installed the MedallionClass app with no problems, two days ago, played around a bit but put it aside after it started to slow down, grind to a halt etc. I made sure to "kill" the app so it wasn't running in the background, or so I thought.

This morning the phone threw me a warning message saying that the MedallionClass app had used 780 MEGS of data (out of my meager 5 Gig allotment). I'm obviously going to play with it some more to see why it uses so much data in the background despite not being used, but has any one else run into this issue?

12 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

This morning the phone threw me a warning message saying that the MedallionClass app had used 780 MEGS of data (out of my meager 5 Gig allotment). I'm obviously going to play with it some more to see why it uses so much data in the background despite not being used, but has any one else run into this issue?

Wouldn't be an issue if you had an unlimited plan. Just sayin'

😉

43 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Wouldn't be an issue if you had an unlimited plan. Just sayin'

😉

We have no use for an unlimited plan and the costs up here are rather high.

Edited by lx200gps

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I have a vintage Samsung S5, a good 7 years old, but unlocked, rooted and running a custom ROM that gives me Android 10. I installed the MedallionClass app with no problems, two days ago, played around a bit but put it aside after it started to slow down, grind to a halt etc. I made sure to "kill" the app so it wasn't running in the background, or so I thought.

On androids (at least Samsung) you can go into data usage, them Mobile Data Usage, scroll down to the Medallion class app and click, then turn off "Allow Background data usage"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jwattle said:

On androids (at least Samsung) you can go into data usage, them Mobile Data Usage, scroll down to the Medallion class app and click, then turn off "Allow Background data usage"

Thanks, already done ;o) Seems pretty crazy that the app should suck up many hundreds of Megs per day with my knowing about it, based on an automatic background setting that I didn't configure. I'll start by playing with Location, as that may be the worst offender. Makes me wonder if other folks have the same issue.  Hopefully not.

• Like 1

According to the latest ‘MedallionClass Monday’ announcement on Twitter today (official Princess account) it implies that you can book your gangway appointment slot 24 hours in advance of a port arrival via JourneyView so to minimise queues to disembark...

Also, from 60 days out, you can see, plan & reserve on-ship activities from home (& include those travelling in your group, or not). They used Captain Circle Cocktail event as the example

All this can be done on the Portals too once on-board. Exciting stuff for planners like me! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, favouriteplaces said:

According to the latest ‘MedallionClass Monday’ announcement on Twitter today (official Princess account) it implies that you can book your gangway appointment slot 24 hours in advance of a port arrival via JourneyView so to minimise queues to disembark...

Also, from 60 days out, you can see, plan & reserve on-ship activities from home (& include those travelling in your group, or not). They used Captain Circle Cocktail event as the example

All this can be done on the Portals too once on-board. Exciting stuff for planners like me! 

I am more interested in when and how the pre-boarding timeslot bookings are going to work.  Never had an issue departing the ship when we wanted to. 

In the past, we have received an invite to the CC cocktail event and it had been based on our TD dining time, or perhaps one day versus another.  Not sure if you are suggesting they will have 2/3 timeslots available and we can pick our preference. 

As for pre-planning events, IDK how much participation they will get, but I can see it being useful for Entertainment Staff if two events are at the same time and not sure which venue to assign to.  Demand could help make that decision.

Need a little help, please.  Have two Princess apps installed on my phone:  Medallion Class and Ocean Ready.  If I open up the Ocean Ready one it says that it is now part of the Princess MedallionClass app and asks me to go to App Store for the Medallion Class app.  Can I delete the Ocean Ready app since I am no longer using it?

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

when do you make your dining preferences ?  and how do you know when you might want to dine based on that evening's activities as posted in the PAPER Princess Patter ?

Great question. I am just speculating here, but based on our upcoming RCI cruise out of Nassau, you will need to sign up for a dining time in advance, even if using "anytime" dining. Our RCI cruise does not offer the "anytime" dining anymore. We signed up for a dining time and can try to change once onboard. Booking specialty restaurants is different of course. 

1 minute ago, Italy52 said:

Need a little help, please.  Have two Princess apps installed on my phone:  Medallion Class and Ocean Ready.  If I open up the Ocean Ready one it says that it is now part of the Princess MedallionClass app and asks me to go to App Store for the Medallion Class app.  Can I delete the Ocean Ready app since I am no longer using it?

Yes.

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am more interested in when and how the pre-boarding timeslot bookings are going to work.  Never had an issue departing the ship when we wanted to. 

In the past, we have received an invite to the CC cocktail event and it had been based on our TD dining time, or perhaps one day versus another.  Not sure if you are suggesting they will have 2/3 timeslots available and we can pick our preference. 

As for pre-planning events, IDK how much participation they will get, but I can see it being useful for Entertainment Staff if two events are at the same time and not sure which venue to assign to.  Demand could help make that decision.

How boarding will be handled is anyone’s guess currently. My next cruise isn’t until September, so I’m hoping those cruising before will confirm this as they are notified. I think the booking of gangway slots is to minimise queues (thinking possibly for tender tickets).

Events on JourneyView have ticket numbers, so you can see tickets numbers available (much like excursions bookings in advance)  - probably for social distancing/capacity reasons

• Thanks 1