Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

moondogy;  correct the medallions are magnets and you can stick them on your cabin wall by the front door if you want.  

Yes I know, my last medallions are on the fridge right now. I was referring to the add on medallion pieces for $5.....in the app said they were magnetic. So I figured they would be reusable for future cruises. Looks kinda like they just fit right in the circle. And from a former Cincinnatian GO REDS!!!!....lol

On 5/16/2021 at 10:14 AM, Sunbeam56 said:

I am also having a lot of problems with MedallionClass App.  I am new to this app but not new to Princess.

I phoned yesterday and I was told to uninstall and reinstall - It does not work.  I have a Samsung tablet (Android 10) and a Samsung phone (Android 10) and apparently, it is Android that seems to be the problem - I was told?????

Login only works with Quick Access with booking number. I wish I could hav a password.

Travel Checklist – everything is inserted, but no checkmarks

Choose your Ocean Medallion – cannot choose for my husband (medallion, lanyard) only mine. When I try to customize, the screen turns white. no checkmarks

MedallionPay – completed, but no checkmarks

Arrival & Departure Groups – there are no arrival groups currently available – no checkmarks

So I guess, I will wait a bit and see what happens. Thank you for all your comments.

I have reinstalled this app twice.  Still does not work.  Any time i click on an option, doesn't matter which option, the screen goes white.  Then I have to close out of the app, and reopen it.  Doesn't seem to matter what function I am trying to try.  I am beyond annoyed with this app.   Why can't they fix it so it actually works?  

17 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Yes I know, my last medallions are on the fridge right now. I was referring to the add on medallion pieces for $5.....in the app said they were magnetic. So I figured they would be reusable for future cruises. Looks kinda like they just fit right in the circle. And from a former Cincinnatian GO REDS!!!!....lol

I wish the Reds would go.  We have lost 6 out of 7 games

On 5/23/2021 at 8:32 PM, dreams_of_travel said:

I have reinstalled this app twice.  Still does not work.  Any time i click on an option, doesn't matter which option, the screen goes white.  Then I have to close out of the app, and reopen it.  Doesn't seem to matter what function I am trying to try.  I am beyond annoyed with this app.   Why can't they fix it so it actually works?  

I understand totally. Last week, I was able to fix the MedallionPay and I had a check mark beside it and today, the checkmark is not there anymore.  Personal Information - everything is done but no checkmark.....

I've posted this on two other threads and still have not found a resolution to my issue with the App.  Hopefully third time's a charm...

In order to complete my booking, I need to complete the MedallionClass App.  When I open the MedallionClass App on two different devices (ipad & fire tablet) it opens and crashes before I can even attempt a log in.  I have uninstalled the app and downloaded the app again from both Google Store
and Apple Store for each respective device a few times without any success.  I have sailed on a MedallionClass before with no problems using the app on these devices. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I am still struggling with the app.  The app recognizes me but will NOT recognize my booking number so I can't proceed forward --- all information is loaded into my Princess Personalizer but just won't come up in the app.  I have used the app on previous cruises.  Looks like I am going to have to make the dreaded call to tech support.  Ugh!

Just talked with Princess representative and after 20 minutes, she couldn't figure it out and transferred me to a tech --- or rather, had me hold for a tech.  Waited over 45 minutes and had to hang up because I needed to run an errand.  Will have to try another day. 

On another note, does anyone know if I will be able to request the Medallion through email?  Or does it need to be done through app?

7 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I've posted this on two other threads and still have not found a resolution to my issue with the App.  Hopefully third time's a charm...

In order to complete my booking, I need to complete the MedallionClass App.  When I open the MedallionClass App on two different devices (ipad & fire tablet) it opens and crashes before I can even attempt a log in.  I have uninstalled the app and downloaded the app again from both Google Store
and Apple Store for each respective device a few times without any success.  I have sailed on a MedallionClass before with no problems using the app on these devices. 

have you tried loading everything on your iphone app?

7 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Yes. 

I retire in 9 months.....maybe the app will be working by then????....lol

You should have seen the first cruises when they rolled out the medallion, By the end of the cruise it finally started unlocking our door....but they had the paying for things in the shops working rather fast.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

I also have problems with the Medallion app. When I am signed in it will not link any of my upcoming cruises, yet my photo and profile information all show. Guess we just have to be patient.

Ditto here.

Okay, let us all be ever so glad that Princess in business of floating boats and not an internet/software company

I and 7 family members were scheduled for a round-trip Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. That cruise cancelled on 20 May 2021.  We have successfully been rebooked on another cruise. Yeah!!!

Of course we have run into "issues", these issues:

• One Princess excursion starts at 11:30 am unfortunately the ship docks at noon.
  • The Medallion app lists only the cancelled cruise.
    • I can't delete it 
    • i can't enter the new cruise into the app (the app says its there but I can't find it)
  • The Login continues to go down.
  • My family includes 5yo and 3 yo boys. Princess told me that they may be able to go on the cruise as part of the 5% not-vaccinated but that decision will be 72 hours before the cruise, "IT'S THE CDC RULE". When I pointed that there is no vaccine approved for the children, I was told that they would just have to be because IT'S THE CDC RULE". And the PC rep would not believe me when I told her that the CDC has absolutely nothing to do with drug approval, that's the job of the FDA.

I figure that PC is busy jumping through burning triangular hoops trying to deal with everything they must.

We have the cruise, it's confirmed and we have the flights. And, we have time for Princess to get everything worked out.

7 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

No iphone, I have an Ipad mini.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no improvement.

Same issue here.  I have gone to all my devices that had the app on it and removed everything including the Ocean Play and other stuff.  When I go to reinstall from the App Store, the app shows it's in the cloud and reinstalls from there with the same result.........no booking number found when I try to link them to the app.

I'm going to try and find the app in the cloud and remove it there thinking that a fresh start might help even though the app in the cloud is the latest version.

5 minutes ago, Grego said:

Same issue here.  I have gone to all my devices that had the app on it and removed everything including the Ocean Play and other stuff.  When I go to reinstall from the App Store, the app shows it's in the cloud and reinstalls from there with the same result.........no booking number found when I try to link them to the app.

I'm going to try and find the app in the cloud and remove it there thinking that a fresh start might help even though the app in the cloud is the latest version.

Thanks - I hadn't considered that I'm getting the older version I had before by downloading from the cloud.  Now I need to figure out how to find and delete it from the cloud...

10 hours ago, Cool_Dude said:

One Princess excursion starts at 11:30 am unfortunately the ship docks at noon.

They are likely just wanting you and other participants to meet up in a particular place on board so all are ready to walk off to begin the tour promptly.

10 hours ago, Cool_Dude said:

My family includes 5yo and 3 yo boys. Princess told me that they may be able to go on the cruise as part of the 5% not-vaccinated but that decision will be 72 hours before the cruise, "IT'S THE CDC RULE". When I pointed that there is no vaccine approved for the children, I was told that they would just have to be because IT'S THE CDC RULE". And the PC rep would not believe me when I told her that the CDC has absolutely nothing to do with drug approval, that's the job of the FDA.

This seems dumb to me - as well as unfair.  It would seem to me to accept bookings up to the CDC limit and then, after that, deny others since limit reached.

Perhaps they are doing so, but also over-booking in case of a cancellation.  Who knows, but if I was the first one to book a youngster on a cruise, I would expect to be guaranteed passage since we were within the 5% limit.

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

No iphone, I have an Ipad mini.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no improvement.

Have you tried contacting the app developer?  When you open the app scroll down to the bottom and it will have what company developed and maintains the app.  They should know be able to help you.  I have not had a problem with the app on my iphone.  I can log in, access my cruise info and I have all green checks except for the final 90-day check in.  I sure wish this app would work with ease

11 hours ago, Cool_Dude said:
  • My family includes 5yo and 3 yo boys. Princess told me that they may be able to go on the cruise as part of the 5% not-vaccinated but that decision will be 72 hours before the cruise, "IT'S THE CDC RULE". When I pointed that there is no vaccine approved for the children, I was told that they would just have to be because IT'S THE CDC RULE". And the PC rep would not believe me when I told her that the CDC has absolutely nothing to do with drug approval, that's the job of the FDA.

Unless something has changed in the last 48 hours, in a TA webinar on Tuesday, John Chernesky stated they did not know what percent level of non-vaccinated exceptions would be allowed on each sailing. They indicated they were expecting CDC guidance on that (and other questions) "soon."

ETA: I know this is off topic of the thread, my apologies for continuing it.

Edited by joepeka

39 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Have you tried contacting the app developer?  When you open the app scroll down to the bottom and it will have what company developed and maintains the app.  They should know be able to help you.  I have not had a problem with the app on my iphone.  I can log in, access my cruise info and I have all green checks except for the final 90-day check in.  I sure wish this app would work with ease

I have tried to contact the app developer with no luck.  I have no problems with the app on my ipad or hubbys Samsung phone but it keeps crashing on my iphone.  Great  Princess idea but painful when not running right.  I have tried all the tricks to get it to work properly with no success yet.

For those having issues being able to link bookings to MedallionClass, I had a long phone call with Princess including a chat connection with one of the engineers and I learned the following.  The current version of the app, V3.0, is really a soft rollout and they are now aware of connection issues that they are working on and should be fixed in the next couple of weeks.  If you have your apps set to be automatically updated, you will be able to see the changes then.  I doubt they would send out a notice of the new version being ready, but if they don't, keep checking  to see what is the latest available.

I believe this applies to both iOS and Android devices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Grego said:

For those having issues being able to link bookings to MedallionClass, I had a long phone call with Princess including a chat connection with one of the engineers and I learned the following.  The current version of the app, V3.0, is really a soft rollout and they are now aware of connection issues that they are working on and should be fixed in the next couple of weeks.  If you have your apps set to be automatically updated, you will be able to see the changes then.  I doubt they would send out a notice of the new version being ready, but if they don't, keep checking  to see what is the latest available.

I believe this applies to both iOS and Android devices.

Thankyou so much for this information.  Will give it a couple of weeks and see what happens.

On 4/28/2021 at 12:24 PM, greenie082756 said:

This is why I will wait until near final payment before downloading the app. 

I figure by the end of this year all the bugs should be fixed 🤞  We all know how this process goes

with the IT dept. 🙂

We are not booked until April 2022. 

Well I downloaded the app and well imagine that! I could log in to the Princess website.

I think this is what they are trying to get everyone to do.