Who in their right mind would want to cruise under these conditions??????

Topdog52

9 hours ago, HMR74 said:

By the way, Vitamin D looks to be rather important for ones immune system. When did the CDC say its advisable to take Vitamin D, or when did the media say it. All those experts.

You are your own best advocate.

Just for the sake of saying it, the NHS (UK) not only told us that, but sent out free tablets in the mail to the vulnerable. 🙂  

10 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Domestic flights in the US do not require a COVID test.  International flights do.  You cannot board an airline to fly into the US without evidence of a negative test.  That includes US citizens.

That has nothing to do with the airlines. That is a requirement of the US Government 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

That has nothing to do with the airlines. That is a requirement of the US Government 

As would any testing be, domestic or international.  The airlines are charged with confirming a negative test or deny boarding.  You made the comment earlier that the airlines were not requiring testing. They are on an international basis.

1 hour ago, tallyho8 said:

One person on TV starts this rumor and even though it is denied by many others and yet people persist in trying to spread this rumor to scare others from getting the vaccine.

The fact is that no one has been proven to have been killed by the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine yet.

here is govt website  with the numbers. Go look thru it. Again, this is just whats been reported.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/

Also remember the CDC instructions  for reporting covid deaths was specific, if unknown report it as a covid death.  Also, medicate gave a "bounty" for care for covid cases, deaths and use of ventilators.

As of last Tuesdays CDC  report, 5% of a covid deaths was solely due to covid.

But the other 95% of the deaths, mostly folks over age 65, had an average of 4 co-morbidities. And this latter group was really a bunch of sick folks mostly on their final stage of life.

Its the goal seeking I have discussed. Make sure the data is presented to support your case, vs the other way around.

Few want to discuss this anomaly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

As would any testing be, domestic or international.  The airlines are charged with confirming a negative test or deny boarding.  You made the comment earlier that the airlines were not requiring testing. They are on an international basis.

You comment earlier asserted that you had to have a covid test to fly on a plane which is incorrect. 

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You comment earlier asserted that you had to have a covid test to fly on a plane which is incorrect. 

Well, if you can be denied boarding for not presenting negative test results you DO have to have a test to fly.

15 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

here is govt website  with the numbers. Go look thru it. Again, this is just whats been reported.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/

Also remember the CDC instructions  for reporting covid deaths was specific, if unknown report it as a covid death.  Also, medicate gave a "bounty" for care for covid cases, deaths and use of ventilators.

As of last Tuesdays CDC  report, 5% of a covid deaths was solely due to covid.

But the other 95% of the deaths, mostly folks over age 65, had an average of 4 co-morbidities. And this latter group was really a bunch of sick folks mostly on their final stage of life.

Its the goal seeking I have discussed. Make sure the data is presented to support your case, vs the other way around.

Few want to discuss this anomaly.

Fun fact, literally anything can be reported on that site with no vetting whatsoever. A doctor once reported that a vaccine turned him into the Incredible Hulk.

"In 2004, anesthesiologist James Laidler submitted an alarming report to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). Laidler wrote that after he got his annual influenza vaccine, his muscles began to grow in size, his skin became green, and he turned into the Incredible Hulk."

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpmp7/anti-vaxxers-misuse-federal-data-to-falsely-claim-covid-vaccines-are-dangerous

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 3

On 5/8/2021 at 6:58 AM, RocketMan275 said:

How about while sitting on your balcony?

I know it's pleasing to consider the balcony as part of the inside your stateroom but it's not clear that CDC shares that belief.

After all, one can be on one's balcony and within six feet of another person sitting on their balcony.

Remembering all the debates about how wind can move smoke along the side of the ship, wouldn't wind do the same with the virus?

The CDC could easily rule that your balcony is just like any other open area on the ship, therefore wearing a mask there would be required.

Perhaps they'll require that ships now have 24/7 drones circling the ship to make sure and police mask wear on balconies?

Sounds as logical as the rest of this nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Fun fact, literally anything can be reported on that site with no vetting whatsoever. A doctor once reported that a vaccine turned him into the Incredible Hulk.

if thats true, then how different is that from all the deaths reported from covid. as long as it was on the COD, thereby getting the bounty paid by medicare,  its on the cdc website.

Face it, you are all for the vaccinations and masking, and do not want to hear anything about any alternative.

Think a little bit out of the box.

Good Night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

if thats true, then how different is that from all the deaths reported from covid. as long as it was on the COD, thereby getting the bounty paid by medicare,  its on the cdc website.

Face it, you are all for the vaccinations and masking, and do not want to hear anything about any alternative.

Think a little bit out of the box.

Good Night.

Literally my first post on the thread was complaining about the CDC guidance for masking on cruises....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HMR74 said:

Let me amplify my earlier post on CDC vs Cruise lines.

The Cruise lines have a limited window of solvency ( I have no idea how long they can go on with limited revenues) , the CDC does not have that problem.

The cruise lines had good profits pre covid. Returning to those profit levels is not like turning on a switch

But first cruises have to get started. at ~50% capacity, and that's dependent on satisfying all the requirements of CDC until CDC relaxes them.

In the meantime cash burn will probably go up because of increased expenses as 50% occupancy will not pay  for fuels and food and all the protocols and reporting to be done.

So CDC can afford to wait. Cruise lines cannot. It is a tactic frequently used by those in power.

In the meantime, for example, a large number of folks here on CC say either they will or will not cruise if masks are or are not allowed. eg, I am vaccinated but will not cruise because I have the right to make that decision if masks are required,  and others have the right to say and do that they will not cruise if masks are not required.

Either way, the cruise lines alienate a large chunk of their potential customers, and ditto for social distancing in dining rooms and theaters and poolside and bars and fitness center and yada yada. courtesy of the CDC

We all have or own deal breaking specifics.

But again it means that until all of this is resolved, cruise lines will not easily get back to positive cash flow.

And we all lose.

The CDC somehow has created a divide and conquer situation. And the clock is ticking against the cruise lines and their customers.

By the way, Vitamin D looks to be rather important for ones immune system. When did the CDC say its advisable to take Vitamin D, or when did the media say it. All those experts.

You are your own best advocate.

Preach it!

Yes we are ready to go..Vaccinated and looking forward to cruising. Our spring 2020 TA to the EU was cancelled of course, and we instead are booked on a TA coming from Rome to the US.. I don't care if they wanted us to wear chainmail to cruise. We would.  My husband and I are not getting any younger and we are so very tired of staying home. We can't wait for the "perfect" cruise as who knows how long we will be able? Or even around? LOL  Retirement was not supposed to be like this. But since our cruise originates in the EU, I wonder if the protocols will be in place as we disembark in NY. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 11:30 AM, coffeebean said:

What do you do when you wish to enter an establishment that has a sign on the door "MASKS REQUIRED"?

There is a big difference between wearing a mask for a short time going in a store and wearing it 24/7 on a ship with 100% vaccination.

I probably would not mind wearing one inside where socially distancing was not possible for a short period of time.  Wearing one outside by the pool is a bit much.

This whole discussion reminds me of our governor saying that we should wear masks while at home.  Definitely not going to happen.  At some point one must draw the line and raise the "This is crazy flag."

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

One person on TV starts this rumor and even though it is denied by many others and yet people persist in trying to spread this rumor to scare others from getting the vaccine.

The fact is that no one has been proven to have been killed by the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine yet.

You have to be truly ignorant that this is not only possible but likely.  There is no vaccine that hasn't resulted in an anaphalyxis reaction to include death.  It happens with every vaccine.   To deny that is just ridiculous.  It doesn't mean people should not get the Covid vaccines but you can't just write it off.

• Haha 1

The more I read the order, the more I dislike it.

Recommendation for grab and go meals?  Really?  I did not book a cruise on MacDonalds.

It says that "removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order."

Would not most Americans regard a 2 hour meal as an extended meal service?  

What about extended beverage consumption.  I like to slowly drink a nice glass of wine.  When do I put the mask on?

On 5/7/2021 at 6:07 PM, Sinbadssailors said:

"The mask order includes while guests are seated in outdoor pool areas."

"removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order."

blah blah blah on and on

I swear these are more restrictive than on land.  Who would wear a mask by the pool? No one--- and they know it-- so why even mention it?

Tell me again--- why we are getting the vaccine, if it's not even safe to lay by the pool beside other vaccinated people?

Glad my next 2 cruises aren't out of this country controlled by these ridiculous people

I agree makes no sense. I'm glad I booked a couple of nice land vacations this year. I came back from one recently and it was great. I was going to cancel the others if the Cruise lines opened up but now, no way. I'm keeping my land vacations and loving it. This whole thing has made me realize that Cruising is fun but returning back to good old fashion land vacations can be just as fun. They can keep the floating prison barges. I will wait until this complete silliness is over to Cruise again, until to then land vacations here I come. Life is to short for this useless drawn out frustrating wait.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2021 at 6:24 AM, bookbabe said:

It’s spring.  I’d have to take twenty or thirty masks with me to make a half hour trip to the grocery store.  Obviously you and/or your loved ones don’t have allergies, or you’d be a tad more sympathetic.

Obviously you haven’t had a loved one die from Covid, or you’d be a tad more sympathetic 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

Who in their right mind would want to be a crew member under these conditions??????

http://crew-center.com/carnival-cruise-line-policies-and-procedures-what-new-normal-crew-life-will-look

I didn't read the article, however, I think at this point, if you choose to take this injection because you believe it is effective and not concerned about side effects, your choice. If you choose to take it JUST so you can vacation..or so that you can get back to a more normal life... I believe that shows an unwillingness to make a stand for something.....if you are forced to by employers to take something that has not gone through the usual process to determine efficacy and safety, so that you can work, and side effects are ultimately determined to be of great significance to your health, I hope that class actions reign on any and all said companies.

Having said all that, leave pregnant women and children alone, which of course, we know that isn't the case either.

Edited by winterbliss

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

The more I read the order, the more I dislike it.

Recommendation for grab and go meals?  Really?  I did not book a cruise on MacDonalds.

It says that "removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order."

Would not most Americans regard a 2 hour meal as an extended meal service?  

What about extended beverage consumption.  I like to slowly drink a nice glass of wine.  When do I put the mask on?

Boom!

Maybe they'll have a little timer with a small camera that looks at your face, and if you don't drink or eat fast enough, there'll be a loud buzzer along with a voice saying "violation detected." LOL

It's ridiculous. Anything that is acceptable on land vis-a-vis mask wearing in restaurants should be the same on a cruise ship, end of story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, winterbliss said:

If you choose to take it JUST so you can vacation..or so that you can get back to a more normal life... I believe that shows an unwillingness to make a stand for something....

How is it not "taking a stand" for something to get the vaccine to return to normal life? I believe that in order to return to normal life people SHOULD get vaccinated. A return to normal life without being vaccinated, putting yourself and those around you at risk, is folly. That's the stand I am making!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Anything that is acceptable on land vis-a-vis mask wearing in restaurants should be the same on a cruise ship, end of story.

All they need to do is have a floating hospital ship accompany each and every cruise ship so that it matches the 10-15 minute lead time, in most cases, to reach advanced medical care on land.

This is why there are different standards for a number of things (including masks but more importantly, other parameters) on cruise ships.  With total vaccinations, things will likely change, but this is why it is not "OK for land means OK for 2 days away at sea."