***CDC gives RCI GO AHEAD to start test cruises in July***

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Looking at their new cancellations today, including pulling their ship from Jamaica already, they are mostly waiting it out until November. 

And what will they do if the CSO is extended beyond November?

7 minutes ago, winterbliss said:

I'm guessing that if you were traveling down the highway and came across a motor vehicle accident with significant injuries, that your fear would simply cause you to keep on driving. I can assure you that this unvaccinated 65 year old would stop and assist, no matter what the circumstances might be. 

????  I think you're responding to another post.  Check again.  My reply was posted as a joke to another poster who posted the original joke. 🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

????  I think you're responding to another post.  Check again.  My reply was posted as a joke to another poster who posted the original joke. 🤷‍♀️

Same thing happened to me earlier today, posted something to someone and it  was quoted on another member's post.  Weird!

5 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Either that or a lacking sense of humor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, winterbliss said:

I deleted my response, well, tried to delete. It's unfortunate to see commentary degrading 'anti-vaxxers' as many that have chosen vaccination, like to call someone like myself. 

I'm fully aware that some people for medical or other reasons are to unable to receive the vaccine.  I never used the term anti-vaxxer to refer to that group or any other group that chose not to get vaccinated for whatever reason.  Sorry the NV joke offended you.    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'll be excited when I see ships doing test cruises out of cape liberty and baltimore.

Cruises could resume quicker out of those two ports if the ships were 95% vaccinated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BSocial said:

Wonder if Explorer will be the ship for initial test cruise from Galveston?

Liberty is scheduled (supposedly)  for Cadiz technical dry dock in July; wouldn’t make sense to schedule her for a test cruise until she returns. 

Why wouldn't they do the Dry Dock over the last year when they couldn't  sail.  Seems like they missed the boat (ha ha) there...

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Well they could have one elevator for vaccinated and one for not!   Maybe different water fountains, too

And only the lowest decks for the non-vaccinated....in keeping with the historic context.

7 hours ago, boatseller said:

That order only applies when traveling in, out, or within the United States.  If them meant to cover then entire voyage, the language would have to be more specific.  Well, the CDC could be as linguistically illiterate as they are scientifically illiterate.  Who knows at this point.

So very wrong.  The CSO applies to the cruise ship for the entire duration of the sailing, whether within US waters or not.  It's because of the legal concept of "free pratique".  If the ship intends to reenter US waters and request to dock and disembark passengers at a US port they must abide by all federal regulations during the duration of the cruise. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

So very wrong.  The CSO applies to the cruise ship for the entire duration of the sailing, whether within US waters or not.  It's because of the legal concept of "free pratique".  If the ship intends to reenter US waters and request to dock and disembark passengers at a US port they must abide by all federal regulations during the duration of the cruise. 

Oh geeze...nice try. But no.  

They only specified arrival at the foreign port.  Not the entire duration.  The guidance was was written with a clear bias toward air travel and I've seen FA vlogs where they venture out following only local protocols. 

Either way, as I predicted, the CDC is relenting faster than the Germans in 1947.  They just announced no masks required on vaxed cruises.  Just wait a couple weeks and they'll give up on the mixed cruise requirement also.

Here's your last opportunity to give up while I'm ahead.  The CDC has no data to backup even a short term weather forecast.

Happy cruising!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Oh geeze...nice try. But no.  

They only specified arrival at the foreign port.  Not the entire duration.  The guidance was was written with a clear bias toward air travel and I've seen FA vlogs where they venture out following only local protocols. 

Either way, as I predicted, the CDC is relenting faster than the Germans in 1947.  They just announced no masks required on vaxed cruises.  Just wait a couple weeks and they'll give up on the mixed cruise requirement also.

Here's your last opportunity to give up while I'm ahead.  The CDC has no data to backup even a short term weather forecast.

Happy cruising!

Oh but yes. Read Chengkp75's posts here. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2776450-4-2-2021-cdc-has-issued-new-guidance/page/9/

27 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Oh but yes. Read Chengkp75's posts here. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2776450-4-2-2021-cdc-has-issued-new-guidance/page/9/

Nope. Sorry.  Need to keep up. Happy Cruising!

I understand what you're saying, but apparently this isn't what is actually happening.

And as noted, the CDC has already relented on the mask guidance so…

They know they're backed into a corner. They're just trying to save face.

If they had even the slightest clue what they were doing, the guidance would not be changing on a daily basis.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1