CDC relaxes standards more

Mary229

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25113-cdc-significantly-relaxes-cruise-rules-for-fully-vaccinated-passengers.html

More good news - no mask, buffet

Thanks to RKACruiser for introducing me to this website

as she runs out of the door to her maskless lunch at the Thai restaurant

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Are you REALLY excited by self-serv food returning?  If Covid doesn't get you, the ship upper respiratory crud or Noro will.  I'm hoping Gus's comment during the live chat on Tuesday holds true ... that with a few minor exceptions, self-serv is a thing of the past.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, zelker said:

Are you REALLY excited by self-serv food returning?  If Covid doesn't get you, the ship upper respiratory crud or Noro will.  I'm hoping Gus's comment during the live chat on Tuesday holds true ... that with a few minor exceptions, self-serv is a thing of the past.  

I absolutely agree with you Barb!!!  I hope his comments and Richard Fain's comment for RCL & X hold true also.  We don't go to the buffets much at all anymore but if self-serve we won't at all. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, zelker said:

Not excited at all.  That said I don’t mind getting my own coffee or tea.

• Like 1

At the Lido you point to what you want and they dish it out for you.   Not exactly self serve except for coffee and tea. I like it.   Mostly want to eat and go.   Do not want to wait around for 12 noon to get seated, order and served.   Got other things to do...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zelker said:

The only thing I like about self serve is being able to choose my own cheese (a plus on the Prinsendam) and not forced to take a cheese tray which has some I won’t eat and is a waste 😉. Otherwise I love the way the Lido is done.  It’s worked well.

• Like 5

The last HAL cruise I was on, midway, we were no longer able to serve coffee and tea.   Since I often go for a quick cup of tea I was sort of put out, otherwise as long as the food is fresh, tasty and healthful I am happy.   I am happy the buffet is open as it is a great convenience 

Edited by Mary229

Not to throw cold water, (but I just bought a freezer) with all this positive news coming out recently, while it does appear as we are returning to pre-Covid cruising,  I for one am waiting for the 30 mark AFTER cruises resume.. and if things are the same ...Then I will celebrate like it's 1999!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rucrazy said:

Not to throw cold water, (but I just bought a freezer) with all this positive news coming out recently, while it does appear as we are returning to pre-Covid cruising,  I for one am waiting for the 30 mark AFTER cruises resume.. and if things are the same ...Then I will celebrate like it's 1999!

I think everyone should stay in their comfort zone, this is a leisure activity, after all.   I eagerly await the reports of the pioneers and I appreciate that they will sail.  Without these early cruisers we would be in the dark 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, kazu said:

The only thing I like about self serve is being able to choose my own cheese (a plus on the Prinsendam) and not forced to take a cheese tray which has some I won’t eat and is a waste 😉. Otherwise I love the way the Lido is done.  It’s worked well.

<sigh>   what was it about the Prinsendam and the Lido cheese selections ?  Was always amazing and many steps above the other ships.   They must have had a secret cheesemonger in the back.    

Yet another thing that will be missed form the Prinsendam

Edited by sfocruiser
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Thanks to RKACruiser for introducing me to this website

You are welcome.  I was unaware that I had done so.

36 minutes ago, kazu said:

I love the way the Lido is done.  It’s worked well.

It can work well again if people have learned the lessons from what we have experienced.

#1:  Wash your hands before patronizing the Lido Buffet, Terrace Grill, etc.

#2:  Wash your hands after you have made a rest room stop.

#3:  Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.

#4:  Use Common Sense!

#5:  And, did I forget to mention?  WASH YOUR HANDS!

2 hours ago, zelker said:

self-serv is a thing of the past.  

It does not need to be so.  I won't deny that some aspects of a "served" buffet are desirable.  One can't make an omelet to order at a non-served buffet.  But, one can select a danish or two and a pat or two of butter, a glass of juice and a cup of a beverage, and a bowl containing a half grapefruit without the assistance of a Steward.  

• Like 1

Celebrity Eclipse, at the men's restroom outside of the MDR, just off the Atrium, there was a Steward in the restroom who offered us gentlemen towels after we made our visit and washed our hands.  He kept the area spotless.  Perhaps HAL needs to do the same?

21 minutes ago, sfocruiser said:

<sigh>   what was it about the Prinsendam and the Lido cheese selections ?  Was always amazing and many steps above the other ships.   They must have had a secret cheesemonger in the back.    

Yet another thing that will be missed form the Prinsendam

I know.  There cheese displays were the best.  They had the cheese trays but you could also choose from the lovely blocks.  I loved it.

I will really miss that ship and some of her special touches. 😢