Night before a cruise

bluewater63

5 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

I like the Embassy Suites.  Lots of restaurants nearby and close to port.

We usually stay there, but it has gotten really pricey. Thank you for your response. I am just wondering if there is something good for less than $400.

Check the Florida departures board for more suggestions.  There are quite a few YouTube videos on the cruise hotels of Fort Lauderdale.  I was watching a few today.  The vlogs are by bonafide cruisers.  It seems the ones that come up over and over is the Embassy and the Hampton north port.  The Hilton Marina looks wonderful but is pricey.  But do look there is something for every taste 

21 minutes ago, bluewater63 said:

We usually stay there, but it has gotten really pricey. Thank you for your response. I am just wondering if there is something good for less than $400.

$400 a night sounds way expensive to me

The Hyatt Place has been our GO-TO...  It is right there with the Embassy and the Holiday Inn Express.

You can walk to supper, to Publix for pre-cruise supplies, and a place for wine.

They have the Cruise Port Transfer down to an art.

Tape and staplers for your cruise luggage...  Printing airline boarding passes, etc.

Always get us right to Port, before most other passengers.

No getting a taxi, or waiting around for a third party transport van.

The only drawback is the rooms are now dated.

But so are the rooms at most every other place in the area!

They know they have a captive audience 

• Like 1

We usually stay at an IHG hoteL if we fly to Ft Lauderdale.  If we plan to drive to FLL, we stay around Fort Pierce or Port St Lucie.   We book our hotel as soon as they  open reservations   We are on the 3/13/22 Crown and already have our hotel booked. 

We stay at Hyatt Place Airport/Cruiseport. It has what we need. It's clean, the beds are comfy and there's a separate sitting area. The morning buffet is decent. The bar is in the lobby if you want a drink, or coffee. And you can make arrangements for a cruise shuttle, which leave hourly.

2 hours ago, bluewater63 said:

Where do you stay the night before a cruise? We usually stay at Embassy Suites on 17th Street, but they have gotten so expensive. Do you have any suggestions? We will be on the Crown on April 2, 2022! 🎉

I booked this one through Princess for  December 2021 cruise and are only paying about $240. Not expensive that way. So if you like the hotel you might ask if you can add it on

1 hour ago, bluewater63 said:

Hotel prices in Fort Lauderdale have gone thru the roof.  All the hotels I looked at are up at least 30% from pre-pandemic prices and seem to continue to climb.  I ended up booking Embassy Suites using my Hilton points.

1 hour ago, bluewater63 said:

Book way early for good rates.  Crowne Plaza has been good and used to be brand new not that long ago it seems.  Was better when Hertz had the outlet there as it was a perfect way to get to the ship in the morning.  It's a short taxi or Uber run.  

Senior Rate is $189+taxes for mid-week, early FEB, 2022.  That said, I have booked it in the past for under $150.

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

We usually stay at an IHG hoteL if we fly to Ft Lauderdale.  If we plan to drive to FLL, we stay around Fort Pierce or Port St Lucie.   We book our hotel as soon as they  open reservations   We are on the 3/13/22 Crown and already have our hotel booked. 

Wow - I'd stay quite a bit closer.  It would my luck there'd be some bad Interstate accident and road plugged up and detour required and whatever else could go wrong.  Something south of West Palm would make me more comfortable.

Book a hotel now with a cancelable option and keep checking. Hotel rates fluctuate horribly. I am convinced the worst white collar job in the world is being a hotel revenue manager. If you book too far in advance you get rack rates, if you wait too long and rooms are scarce, the price is even higher. Get a bird in hand, then go hunting for other birds 🙂

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Wow - I'd stay quite a bit closer.  It would my luck there'd be some bad Interstate accident and road plugged up and detour required and whatever else could go wrong.  Something south of West Palm would make me more comfortable.

We’ve done this for years.   Hotels are located off both the I95 and the Turnpike and About an one hour drive.  Much easier to find a room there especially when FLL hosts their many conventions 

There is a new Four Points Sheraton very close to the port within walking distance of restaurants, a Publix for anything forgotten. and some touristy stores ...........lol. I would suggest taking a cab to Las Olas Blvd for one night for dinner or just to see all the really cool stores, restaurants and bars. You just walk up one side and down the other. One of the best sites to see in our fair city. Enjoy!

Kathy

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bluewater63 said:

Where do you stay the night before a cruise? We usually stay at Embassy Suites on 17th Street, but they have gotten so expensive. Do you have any suggestions? We will be on the Crown on April 2, 2022! 🎉

We like to stay at the Comfort Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port, 191 South West 19th Court, Dania Beach, FL. Our November 2021 price is $161 and now has no-cost/free cancellation. We've found this to be about as cheap as you can expect for this area, at least for what we consider acceptable accommodations. It is clean and well run. They have shuttle service to the port and a free shuttle to and from the airport. If I remember right they charge $10/person for the shuttle to the port. but I could be wrong on that price though. I just remember it was very reasonable and a cab ride is also quite reasonable because you are very close to the port. 

Hope you have a great cruise.

Tom  

Our first time staying in Fort Lauderdale. We are flying in on Southwest for a cruise out of Miami. We always stay in Miami but this time the hotel prices were outrageous, so we decided to try Fort Lauderdale. Found a great rate at the Renaissance 17Th St. for $122.00 back at the beginning of the year. We to book ASAP with no cancellation fees. Lock in a hotel and then continue to search for something better.

I forgot there is also a Hampton Inn which we as people who live here call it Downtown Ft. Lauderdale. It is about 15 minutes from both the airport and the Port Everglades. The other one I told you about above is literally 10 minutes from both & less than a block from the Embassy Suites.

I own a company that does direct mail coupon magazines & 30 minutes to the port living in FTL so I know the area like the back of my hand. If anyone needs anything else please ask and if I know the answer will help. I will say this to get the best rates book now while we are off season. If you are sailing in end of November or anytime in December are snowbirds and tourists are back and they will raise the rates...........soooo book ASAP.

One more suggestion make sure your hotel is still there if you booked a while back. Some have  changed names or closed

Good luck

Kathy

Edited by rabin1