Royal Caribbean’s “Tracelet” being used for cruises

43 minutes ago, 100viper said:

Just so people are aware, this was sent out to people with July cruises. 

408459C3-14E3-432E-A80D-D9578E651888.jpeg

So a tracking device basically?

I wonder if a man in a suit will come along and kneecap you for not wearing your mask.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

Too bad they don't also serve as WOW bands.  A missed opportunity.

Yes...and too bad they expect you to "wear" them. I would rather put in a pocket.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes...and too bad they expect you to "wear" them. I would rather put in a pocket.

Hopefully they will be gone by the time I, (hopefully), cruise the end of November.

Edited by mek
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ashland said:

They've been using these on cruises the past year so they have it down.  My understanding is that if you can't/don't want to wear it on your wrist, they can pin it to your clothes or something else.  Sort of like the original fitbits.  Similar technology has also been used in Singapore which has allowed them to do very efficient and targeted contact tracing so they've avoided huge lockdowns.  

Personally glad to see this, will vastly simplify contact tracing and minimize the number of passengers who need to be quarantined if there's any infections during a cruise.  

[On edit] I wonder if they're only doing this on the cruises that don't require 95% vaccination?  that would make sense - no need for them if everyone is vaccinated but very much a need if not everyone is?

Edited by Brucemcdou
  • Like 11

3 minutes ago, 100viper said:

That is a link to an FAQ.  That is not something that was sent out to passengers.  That has been there since Quantum started sailing in Singapore.  Do you have a link to the email?  I see the now locked thread with the same picture on another social media site but nothing about an email sent to future cruisers.

2 hours ago, 100viper said:

Just so people are aware, this was sent out to people with July cruises. 

They have NOT mentioned

this to the June Adventure passengers. That being said, they have not said anything to the passengers leaving in 2 weeks… other than wait until next week. 

34 minutes ago, 100viper said:

I guess some people got an email from RC concerning this tracelet. Since I don’t have a July departure, I did not and don’t have the email. 

So,,, you really don’t have anything factual. Only stating something as fact that isn’t. Thank you. 

If RCCL haS not determined what they are doing a week from now, it would be strange to be documenting processes in July. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, caitlynambrai said:

I have a July cruise leaving from Port Canaveral and I didn't receive that email.

I also have a July cruise booked and did not get one  That was not an email posted by the OP

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I think if it is not visible then you might get asked by crew(maybe even passengers)where your traclet is. Some people would take offense to being asked maybe numerous times a day to show it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marygracie C. said:

I ,for one ,would not like to wear a tracelet or any other Orwellian device ever;Ever!!!

But you will most likely carry the most Orwellian device that all of us own 24/7, your cell phone....right.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

We got the WOW bands and wore them all over the ship and at the Cay, didn't bother us a bit.  I liked it not having to wear my card and counter to what others have said, I don't remember taking it off, the bartender just looked at it, my hubs had his card in his pocket, I think they took that.

• Like 1