Beyond fed up with website and Medallion app

Nerkbuck

If I would have known beforehand Princess is too inept to get them working within a couple of days of having issues, I would have never booked a cruise with them. This has gone beyond pathetic...I have no confidence in Princess right now.

• Like 3

Sorry you feel that way.  Princess will get it figured out in due time.  Sure it's a little frustrating that there are some minor issues especially with linking all of our 7 upcoming bookings with the app, but we aren't going anywhere right now anyway. We will have patience.

Also sorry that we have yet another thread based upon personal negativity and showcasing a need to complain.

We actually look on the bright side of this and marvel at what they have done to bring on the most advanced method of furthering the experience aboard all their ships by leading the way with the implementation of the medallion.

Guess I won't be following this thread.  Not worth the time.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

I'm not having any issues with either. In fact I just noticed something new on the medallion app. This was not on my last cruise!! 

20210604_060347.thumb.jpg.842632f8b86a2980f8bf0f915aab7f42.jpg

I wonder if they'll let me upload my CDC card when we're within 14 days. That button hasn't gone live yet (yes, I tried it)

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Nerkbuck said:

If I would have known beforehand Princess is too inept to get them working within a couple of days of having issues, I would have never booked a cruise with them. This has gone beyond pathetic...I have no confidence in Princess right now.

Your opinion is as valid as that held by anyone else here.

Hopefully it's not too late to cancel, if that's your desire, and be refunded in full.

Thanx for sharing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'm not having any issues with either. In fact I just noticed something new on the medallion app. This was not on my last cruise!! 

I wonder if they'll let me upload my CDC card when we're within 14 days. That button hasn't gone live yet (yes, I tried it)

They announced in the Webinar yesterday that it would go live after final payment or for those passengers who are Elite or Platinum after June 7th.  - Okay, my bad, it's the Dine Your Way that goes live on June 7th for fully paid, Elite, Platinum, Suite passengers. Sorry! 

Edited by TinaLee
Info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Grego said:

Also sorry that we have yet another thread based upon personal negativity and showcasing a need to complain.

Guess I won't be following this thread.  Not worth the time.

Given the general tone of cruise critic is complaining about some aspect of a princess cruise...

There must be many, many threads you won't be following here.

Makes sense, as it's called 'Cruise Critic', not 'Cruise Champion'.

To the original poster ... IT'S NOT YOU!

Despite the title, there are many, many, many posts in this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2778757-medallion-app-updated-and-working-now/

...by people having problems, as you are.

You would think that with 1-year+ of downtime, the medallion "Global Experience Innovators" could have

polished everything to the moon.

• Like 9

Just now, TinaLee said:

They announced in the Webinar yesterday that it would go live after final payment or for those passengers who are Elite or Platinum after June 7th. 

Is there a link to the webinar?? Did I miss it somewhere on CC? 

33 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Both the website and medallion are working very well for me also.  Got the same update on the Medallion yesterday.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I heard a Carnival Cruise spokesperson on GMA this am say that they are working on a way for passengers to upload their vaccination info pre cruise. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nerkbuck said:

i know how frustrating it is Nerbuck as I am having the same issues. Some are not and some of us are.  Princess is relying on the producers of this app to get it up and functioning properly.  They keep adding features to it and hopefully it will not be too long before it runs correctly for everyone.  I have been on many Princess cruises and do not let this bring you down.  Technology can sometimes get in the way of  the fun of planning our next adventures . Princess is a great cruise line and hopefully we can all get past this aggravation sooner than later.

• Like 3

To the OP,  I agree this has been frustrating trying to understand how to navigate Medallion app and not be able to access what I thought I could.  I am not a tech whiz and easily get impatient.  Was trying to get into the Dine Options numerous times and finally found out our cruise has to be paid in full before we can do this, which I wasn't aware of.  However, I am still attempting to look on the bright side of this and glad we will be back to cruising in the next few months.  

As awinte2 commented above, "technology can sometimes get in the way of the fun of planning..."

1 hour ago, TinaLee said:

They announced in the Webinar yesterday that it would go live after final payment or for those passengers who are Elite or Platinum after June 7th.  - Okay, my bad, it's the Dine Your Way that goes live on June 7th for fully paid, Elite, Platinum, Suite passengers. Sorry! 

Good to know. Thanks!

I imagine the most frustrating thing is having problems, reading about others having problems, and then reading about people who are not having any problems at all 

-- 

What, Me Worry ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, c-boy said:

I was informed by my travel assistant, that she had to delete and download that app to get current features. 

I did not have to delete and reload the app.  The update just showed yesterday.

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

so, the app i used a couple of years ago to upload passports, photos, order medallions has not been updated, so I need to delete that and download a completely new app ??

Yes it is MedallionClass app. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dog said:

Yes it is MedallionClass app. 

My security photo from The Sky cruise December 2019 just showed up on the new MedallionClass app. And I swiped right on app and it took me right to Princess website to log in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, franktown said:

Both the website and medallion are working very well for me also.  Got the same update on the Medallion yesterday.

I get the same screen on the app, but can do nothing with it. Anytime I click on a link the app freezes and I have to shut it down. Even after updating it today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

No judging please.....just asking, what if you do not want to use the app?

I had the same question. I looked at the Princess website for our upcoming cruise and clicked on check-in as we've done previously.  It directed to download the Medallion app.

So, I added OceanView to my Roku TV so I could watch the tutorials. Ended up calling the Medallion help line and their answer was, "Do you have a son or daughter who can check you in?"

There is also an exasperation that the OP voiced that shouldn't be there when going on vacation. In that, I am disappointed with Princess.

As far as I am aware, you don't have to use the apps onboard. If your Medallion doesn't open your cabin door, you can have security unlock it; a frustration from personal experience.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

I deleted the app again and downloaded it. Finished the process of creating my login and linked my cruise. Now I can finally login the website with my new credentials. Finally!!!

• Like 1

In the past you booked your cruise, printed or had your TA print a boarding pass, showed up and enjoyed yourself. Now you have to study tech information and have tech expertise, get frustrated with bugs in the system, plan far in advance just to have dinner. I'll do it, but to us it isn't easier and isn't more enjoyable.

• Like 8