The Daily for Monday Jun 07, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Thank you all for  your prayers and concerns about Sam. He is doing better this morning. They are still doing neuro evals to see how he is improving. I’m planning to go to the hospital later with my children as soon as they move him out of recovery and into an ICU bed. At the moment, there isn’t one available but the recovery room is a good place to be.

I will update when I see him.

Carol

Thank you for the update on Sam.  Glad he is doing better this morning and our thoughts for continued improvement and a complete recovery.  Glad you will get to see him today.

Lenda

• Like 15

Good morning everyone. Thank you all for  your prayers and concerns about Sam. He is doing better this morning. They are still doing neuro evals to see how he is improving. I’m planning to go to the hospital later with my children as soon as they move him out of recovery and into an ICU bed. At the moment, there isn’t one available but the recovery room is a good place to be.

Carol

Awesome news.  Currently at Panera for lunch before the surgeon.

Roy

• Like 17

Can't celebrate today's "Chocolate Ice Cream Day".  Suffered for many years until I  joined Ice Cream Anonymous and I'm proud to say that I've been clean and sober for 6 years now...and remaining at my target weight.😉

• Like 14
  • Haha 11

Thank you for the Daily! I like to look at it early in the day but realize that even posting pacific time means that many posts are later than mine so I happily look back for new comments.  Yesterday (Sunday) we went to church. It was the last outdoor service, we will worship inside next week! I was excited to dress up, earrings for the first time in months, a skirt, twin set and I even wore a hat! Prayers for all! 

• Like 22

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. I used to love chocolate ice cream, but am kind of over it out now. I'll take my chocolate a a Belgian bar. June bugs can be bothersome. Technology can be great, at other times not so much. 

I've never had Farro. I like the drinks.

I've not been to today's port. Thanks for the pictures from those who have been there.

I'm getting a bit of a late start today. I wanted to mow the quite tall grass, as we have showers/thunderstorms predicted all week starting this afternoon. It is humid and 82 already and I was dripping wet. Now cooling down and drinking.

@Himself Congratulations on your 35 year ordination anniversary!

@mamaofami Thinking of you and Sam today. Glad to hear he's coming along after surgery.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 23

38 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Awesome news.  Currently at Panera for lunch before the surgeon.

Roy

Good luck, Roy.  I hope your surgeon is impressed.  I am 👍 

• Like 16

Good morning, all! June Bug Day is a day to give thanks for moving to the west coast. I do not miss those big shiny horrors emerging from the ground by the hundreds and flying into my hair AT ALL! 
Today is DH’s 70th birthday, so,we are off to do the town. With masks, and properly distanced, of course. Tomorrow is DD’s birthday. Her day will be quiet. All her classes are cancelled and she is staying home except for walks and groceries. The last few days the Covid numbers in Taiwan have been worse than here in Canada, and that’s with their population being smaller.

We are in the parking lot waiting for the ferry. It’s the closest I get to a cruise these days, but will do for now.

Happy Monday, everyone, and may it be the start of a better week for our Dailyite family than last week was. Keep dreaming of those BHB’s!

B57F25E3-48B6-451E-A1A8-DC5E03E46DF1.thumb.jpeg.6173740ebb1817c0ee616039ecf7cf77.jpeg

• Like 28

Good morning, all, and thank you for The Daily News!  @mamaofami, hope all continues going well with your DH.  I'm sure he will be happy to see you.

We have driven through St.  Anthony's, I thought I had photos, but I must have deleted them - maybe it was a forgettable spot.  We love Newfoundland, DD has driven us all over the place, so I will post some pictures of some of the sights, but I must get a move on now, I need to do some gardening,  and it is going to be a chilly day here - it is June-uary for a few days.  Window cleaners start this week, and they will be on the roof doing skylights.  

• Like 23

1 minute ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Today is DH’s 70th birthday, so,we are off to do the town. With masks, and properly distanced, of course. Tomorrow is DD’s birthday.

Happy Birthday to your DH and an early happy birthday to your DD 🎂 🥳 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Vict0riann said:

it is going to be a chilly day here - it is June-uary for a few days.

Wow!  I think this is the first time our weather has been hotter than yours.

Serious heat warnings issued here today.  In fact, for the first time ever since I have lived here (and that’s more decades than I care to disclose 😉 ), the schools have been closed due to the heat warning and out of fear of heat exhaustion for the young ones.  Wow!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Carol

Carol, thank you for taking the time to share your new. ❤️

• Like 15

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. I’ll skip the days though. I do love chocolate but not in ice cream, however if it was chocolate chip then Yes. We don’t have June bugs but I remember them from my childhood living in Eastern Colorado and Kansas City, Missouri. 

Thank you for the lists Roy and thanks to Jacqui for covering. @mamaofami thank you for the update on your DH. Praying for a good report from the doctors today. 

We have been much cooler here than we expected, mostly because of the wind. DH was able to catch a shot of a Downy Woodpecker this morning:

• Like 19

It looks like we might not have any lawyers or court room personnel in the Daily family.  DH has been doing some on-line sleuthing and it turns out trial technology has to do with the technology used in courtrooms.  It includes the technology to do slide and video presentations and other technological things.

@Horizon chaser 1957  Please wish your DH a   🥂 🎂  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  🎈

Our forecasted rain held off over the weekend, but it's made up for it this morning.   We had a strong thunderstorm come through with very heavy rain, dropping more than an inch of rain in an hour, and half of that in the first ten minutes.  The sky was as dark as night for a while, but at least we did not get the 1/2 inch hail they received about 35 miles north of here.  The rain has slowed, but I can still here the thunder.  Just hope the rain forecasted for the next 36 hours is not as wild.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

For some reason I couldn’t continue writing my previous post after adding the video of the woodpecker. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downy_woodpecker

Anyway, the birds have been fun to watch. I’m trying to get a good picture of the Mexican Bluebirds.  They are so pretty. Actually, according to Wikipedia they are Jays https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_jay

I believe today’s port was on one of our canceled cruises last year. I’m still hoping that itinerary returns, it was quite unusual. Thank you to those who have posted pictures. 

DD, boyfriend, and DGS came yesterday. We went for a walk and these wildflowers made me happy:

292E76EA-D7AF-478F-8DC2-4F75EDB04F03.thumb.jpeg.2e4a664d3591b5fdb23c7f4fd9ad94cb.jpeg

Then we came back for lunch, it was quite delicious. 
5740AAE0-4BF9-4E56-B11A-059AAC63C016.thumb.jpeg.8a96f2becf67b2fd10b08e7524877461.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 28

22 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

It looks like we might not have any lawyers or court room personnel in the Daily family.  DH has been doing some on-line sleuthing and it turns out trial technology has to do with the technology used in courtrooms.  It includes the technology to do slide and video presentations and other technological things.

@Horizon chaser 1957  Please wish your DH a   🥂 🎂  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  🎈

Our forecasted rain held off over the weekend, but it's made up for it this morning.   We had a strong thunderstorm come through with very heavy rain, dropping more than an inch of rain in an hour, and half of that in the first ten minutes.  The sky was as dark as night for a while, but at least we did not get the 1/2 inch hail they received about 35 miles north of here.  The rain has slowed, but I can still here the thunder.  Just hope the rain forecasted for the next 36 hours is not as wild.

Lenda

Thank your DH for the sleuthing. I was wondering if court stenographers are still used. I had two relatives who studied that; it was a pretty good job at one time. I’ve only been a juror on one case and it was settled out of court after we were picked and seated. I don’t remember whether there was a stenographer or not; I was too focused on the juror questioning. Never realized how much of a case is “argued” during juror selection. My oldest DD just got called to the Federal grand jury. There is a preliminary questionnaire to answer, not sure if she will have to serve. 

Hope you stay dry or at least that you get no major storms. I went online to check the radar to see if anything is coming our way. I am having concrete work done, both the garage floor (inside) and some cracked sidewalk and driveway sections. I’d refer no rain. The morning has been stressful for me & Fritz, the breaking up of the old concrete had me worried for my house foundation!

St Louis Sal

• Like 24

45 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I actually thought about this when I posted this morning. My quick check this morning didn't turn up anything either way, but I didn't spend much time on it. Glad someone was able to find it.

• Like 16