The Daily for Monday Jun 07, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@mamaofamiThank you for letting us know how Sam is doing.  We were all waiting to hear, holding our breath.  Prayers for his continued improvement.

I haven't been to today's port, but was scheduled to be there on two cruises that got cancelled.  Someday.   Actually, I am thinking of more of a road trip.  I'd like to spend some time in the Bay of Fundy area to really experience the tides.  There isn't time on a cruise port stop.  There are several places in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Labrador and Newfoundland that I would like to visit.   A road trip would give me the ability to do that.   

Echoing both of these!  Carol, glad you can visit today,  prayers for improvement! 

We’ve done a couple of road trips, ie flyin and love the maritimes!   Our daughter had a boyfriend from that area and later visited on her  honeymoon.   We visited as a family NS, PEI and NB as well as Maine, Mass. and NH.    It was an outstanding trip.   
Much later my husband visited Newfoundland on a conference,  and with me on another conference.   It literally blew us away,  the friendliness, the music,  the home cooked food,  and stunning scenery.   We definitely need a do over,  

• Like 22

Slight garden update: I full expected the Mertensia (Virginia bluebell) planted as a bare root to go immediately dormant and show no growth at all until next spring -- but it has sent up a shoot. The Ligularia 'Britt-Marie Crawford' that was damaged in shipping, is growing a new stem, for a total of three so far. I harvested most of the radish crop this morning. Have I mentioned that I don't really like radishes? I just like to have something early in the season, and then I can use the space for bush beans.

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

Good morning and special thanks to rich for creating this lovely place!  

@Horizon chaser 1957 happy birthday to your DH!   

For Mother’s Day DS had a special delivery of locally made ice cream delivered in dry ice!   They had a Valronha Chocolate,  Goats milk and Sea salt and the most amazing rhubarb rosemary and lemon curd blueberry!  

6D563034-6423-4085-9AA8-769C5FB6C870.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 26

43 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Thank your DH for the sleuthing. I was wondering if court stenographers are still used. I had two relatives who studied that; it was a pretty good job at one time. I’ve only been a juror on one case and it was settled out of court after we were picked and seated. I don’t remember whether there was a stenographer or not; I was too focused on the juror questioning. Never realized how much of a case is “argued” during juror selection. My oldest DD just got called to the Federal grand jury. There is a preliminary questionnaire to answer, not sure if she will have to serve. 

Hope you stay dry or at least that you get no major storms. I went online to check the radar to see if anything is coming our way. I am having concrete work done, both the garage floor (inside) and some cracked sidewalk and driveway sections. I’d refer no rain. The morning has been stressful for me & Fritz, the breaking up of the old concrete had me worried for my house foundation!

St Louis Sal

I'm glad DH was able to clear that up.  I think they still use court reporters and a lot of the trial technology is using monitors and video or slides during testimony instead of the cumbersome easels, pictures and boards used in the past.  It may include some testimony of witnesses that are not in the courtroom for various reasons.

I was called for jury duty for a capital murder case, gut fortunately, they dismissed the jury panel and seated a different one.  I guess they did not like our answers on the questionnaire.  I was on another jury that did hear the trial.  It ended in a hung jury, but as we were deliberating, we discovered the prosecutor did a poor job, and did not present some evidence we found that showed the defendant had lied under oath.  I never found out if they held a retrial or what the outcome was.

Good luck with the concrete work, and hope it stays dry until it is finished.   Having had two dachshunds, I can just imagine how Fritz felt.  

28 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I actually thought about this when I posted this morning. My quick check this morning didn't turn up anything either way, but I didn't spend much time on it. Glad someone was able to find it.

Rich, I did a quick check too this morning, but missed the trial applications too.  Glad DH was able to help.

Lenda

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Cows Ice Cream - PEI >> ms. whipp | Canada tour, Trip, East coast

OK, might be the best place to have ice cream on the island, but it’s NOT the best in Canada as their sign claims.   Take my word for it 😉 

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I full expected the Mertensia (Virginia bluebell) planted as a bare root to go immediately dormant and show no growth at all until next spring -- but it has sent up a shoot. The Ligularia 'Britt-Marie Crawford' that was damaged in shipping, is growing a new stem, for a total of three so far.

YAY 🙂. Glad to hear the success and that Britt Marie Crawford will make you smile in the fall when most things are gone 😉 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

OK, might be the best place to have ice cream on the island, but it’s NOT the best in Canada as their sign claims.   Take my word for it 😉 

We have no complaints......😜.

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

13 Ice cream puns ideas | bones funny, funny quotes, make me laugh

30 Jokes about ice cream | Jokes and Riddles

Don't desert your desserts! | Grammar jokes, Grammar memes, Grammar nerd

45 Best Ice Cream Puns | Reader's Digest

Lolcats - images - LOL at Funny Cat Memes - Funny cat pictures with words  on them - lol | cat memes | funny cats | funny cat pictures with words on

I am not supposed to have ice cream with the type II diabetes but I  find chocolate makes me sneeze.  My two favorite flavors are vanella and strawberry.

• Like 9

Good afternoon, Dailyites.

First of all I want to offer support to @mamaofami.  Prayers for a positive evaluation and quick recovery for Sam.  Your situation and those encountered by others of our Daily family here are a reminder of just how precious each and every day is.  We sure don't ever know what's around the corner.

The meal for today is kind of a favorite.  DD and I often lunch at Luna Grill and they have a faro salad there that we order a lot -- usually with chicken added.  As DD says, "Mom has a passion for 'fast casual.'"  I do!  lol  

Roy @rafinmd , you can remove me from the care list.  I appreciate your mentioning me, though.  I'm working on several different things to calm down my dizziness and am improving, so onward and upward on that.

I hope this Monday is the start of a good week for all.  Sending prayers for those in need and congratulations to those celebrating.  Many thanks to our contributors here!  😊  🌻

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

I love chocolate, but don't care for chocolate ice cream. DH, on the other hand, refused to eat apple pie unless there was a scoop of chocolate ice cream alongside!

@HimselfHappy Anniversary, Father!

@mamaofami Praying for your DH. I know how frightening this can be, so you are in my prayers, too.

I don't know if we have June Bugs, but we certainly have cicadas! I'm really over them, and wish they would finish mating and crawl back into the ground for another 17 years!!

Edi

• Like 22

43 minutes ago, Himself said:

I am not supposed to have ice cream with the type II diabetes but I  find chocolate makes me sneeze.  My two favorite flavors are vanella and strawberry.

Nothing wrong with those two flavors Father! 🙂 Take care and be safe!!

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I think we have your weather, maybe we should trade 

thanks but with the cold spring we have had, I can take this 😉 

If I could share, believe me I would.  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Slight garden update: I full expected the Mertensia (Virginia bluebell) planted as a bare root to go immediately dormant and show no growth at all until next spring -- but it has sent up a shoot. The Ligularia 'Britt-Marie Crawford' that was damaged in shipping, is growing a new stem, for a total of three so far. I harvested most of the radish crop this morning. Have I mentioned that I don't really like radishes? I just like to have something early in the season, and then I can use the space for bush beans.

My DH is a veggie hater and calls salads rabbit food, BUT he likes radishes and always wants me to plant them.  No accounting for taste 🙃. I myself will do an occasional radish, but only thinly sliced in a salad.

Congratulations on your successful gardening; looking forward to some pictures. I had to look up the Ligularia, wasn't familiar with that plant. (A reason why I'm just a cheerleader in the garden club.)

Take care,

St Louis Sal

• Like 17

Oh..sea salt caramel ice cream sounds wonderful.  I like chocolate ice cream but prefer my chocolate in  candy form.  My grandson loves mango ice cream and that has grown on me.  

Like the quote.  Have enjoyed the port pictures as we haven't been there.

Many prayers to all who are having surgeries, recovering from procedures, and my condolences to those who have lost loved ones.

Thanks for all who post and keep this a wonderful read every day.  

Take care and stay well! 

• Like 16