Closure of suites lounge

We are booked on Anthem for July 20th 2021 and have discovered today after contacting RCI that the suites lounge will be closed indefinitely due to COVID restrictions, all guests are to use the Diamond lounge and I can’t think of a more disastrous way of ensuring something will go drastically wrong. When booking this holiday nothing was said about the change in procedures and that means those who pay extra for accommodation to ensure they receive the perks will not enjoy the experience, we always book a suite even though we are Pinnacle but the way that RCI have carried out this action without notifying those loyal guests is shameful.

On 6/24/2021 at 1:06 AM, Miss mixer said:

we always book a suite even though we are Pinnacle but the way that RCI have carried out this action without notifying those loyal guests is shameful.

You are incorrectly assuming that the RCI rep info is correct. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 2:36 PM, Miss mixer said:

...RCI that the suites lounge will be closed indefinitely due to COVID restrictions, all guests are to use the Diamond lounge...

Makes absolutely no sense. Call the CAS to verify. 

On 6/23/2021 at 3:36 PM, Miss mixer said:

We are booked on Anthem for July 20th 2021 and have discovered today after contacting RCI that the suites lounge will be closed indefinitely due to COVID restrictions, all guests are to use the Diamond lounge and I can’t think of a more disastrous way of ensuring something will go drastically wrong. When booking this holiday nothing was said about the change in procedures and that means those who pay extra for accommodation to ensure they receive the perks will not enjoy the experience, we always book a suite even though we are Pinnacle but the way that RCI have carried out this action without notifying those loyal guests is shameful.

You were given bad information. 

So many definitive statements by people who have no idea what is happening in real time.

I suspect at least some of the definitive statements are true, but I would never thrust them upon the world so easily.

I would at least qualify them with a, I think.

JMHO and YMMV

jc

• Haha 1

The Suite lounge is open to suite guests . The letter from Mr Tamis  is addressed to CandA members of a certain level and does not say that the lounge is closed indefinitely.

He says that there will not be  "access" .

I wouldn't worry about this one .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can see the confusion. ..even here someone posts a email addressed to crown and anchor folks saying they dont have access to suite lounge and out of context it could sound like suite lounge is closed .. if you dont see its addressed to C&A members, not suite guests.

So easy for rumors to start. 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 4:36 PM, Miss mixer said:

Anyone who books steerage to the most expensive suites during startup after covid  should not be surprised that the original accommodations offered may be eliminated or added back on any given day. This will probably be the case until they start sailing at full capacity with all ships in service.

24 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I bet the email even went to the C&A members staying in suites. Aka, you can’t get into the lounge because of your status (but you can because you are staying in a suite). I predict customer service center will be hit hard and follow-up email will go out.

Yeah, that letter is not written very clearly at all. They need to have people proof read them that don't know what's going on and see if they take away the proper message.

• Like 1

I was wondering if some of the concierge lounges ( that share space with Coastal Kitchen ) are planning to use the drink area for coastal kitchen dining tables so they can be more spread out and still accommodate more people for dinner?  This might be a solution on some ships?  There won't be a drink area but we have all those drinks on our cards.  They need to make changes for social distancing and trying to make everyone happy.  Plus, the main dining room will get crowded as they increase cruising capacity.   This way suites and pinacles  can still eat in Coastal kitchen for dinner.

Edited by dasi11

There was a pretty detailed thread here on Crown and Anchor benefits and changes. After reading it, my interpretation is that they’re only permitting suite passengers in the suite lounge, to reduce crowds in that lounge. To compensate D+ and P’s for this change— and also to reduce crowds in the Diamond lounge, your seapass card is loaded with drink coupons that can be used at any time during the day and at any lounge or other venues, not just happy hour. The higher your status, the more drink coupons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dasi11 said:

I was wondering if some of the concierge lounges ( that share space with Coastal Kitchen ) are planning to use the drink area for coastal kitchen dining tables so they can be more spread out and still accommodate more people for dinner?  This might be a solution on some ships?  There won't be a drink area but we have all those drinks on our cards.  They need to make changes for social distancing and trying to make everyone happy.  Plus, the main dining room will get crowded as they increasing cruising capacity.   

There are no Concierge Lounges that share a space with Coastal Kitchen. They are Suite Lounges. The Suite Lounges will still be open to those sailing in a Suite. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

There are no Concierge Lounges that share a space with Coastal Kitchen. They are Suite Lounges. The Suite Lounges will still be open to those sailing in a Suite. 

I meant suite lounges.  I am still used to calling it a concierge lounge- suite lounge.  

• Like 1