Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 1/6/2022 at 2:02 AM, Steelers36 said:

I guess 25 nights B2B2B is too much for it to handle now.  

@Steelers36 I don't know if this was sarcastic on your part or not, but there may be more to it than just an offhand remark.  I have first-hand experience that leads me to doubt the reliability of whatever algorithms the developers are applying to define back-to-back cruises, creating issues I haven't seen anyone else commenting on, and it may have implications for the difficulties you're having with DMW.

We were booked on Emerald Princess from 12/9-12/19/21 and then Enchanted Princess from 12/20-12/30/21.  For whatever reason, that showed as a back-to-back in my MedallionClass app.  I have had no end of trouble with the app from the get-go, but knowing I could still get everything done that I needed to without the app, I just added that anomaly to "the list."  However, once we boarded Enchanted Princess, which showed as Day 15 in my JourneyView, I couldn't access any data using the app because:

image.png.50b35e9c91cb5cfe4ff22127cf80a82d.png

Nope, not maintenance downtime or capacity problems - probably more likely due to the fact that emerald.princess.com was not available on Enchanted Princess, wouldn't you think?

I have reported all of the issues I've been dealing with to OceanReady through a variety of means, and I will say that everyone has been very pleasant and eager in trying to help, but as someone else commented, it has been a rather whack-a-mole approach.  Yes, I have found ways to deal with the ill-functioning app, as did you in finding a work-around to get the DMW reservations for your B2B2B, but even for this "gray-haired Luddite," that doesn't seem to me to be an acceptable program.  

I can only hope that the developers make good on their word and that the solution that's supposed to be coming "soon" is completed before my next "back-to-back" (according to my JourneyView), two different Alaska cruisetours on separate itineraries on different Princess ships later this summer. 

For now, I think you hit this mole squarely on the head: B2B2B IS too much for it to handle.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

Ours became available 60 days out for a Feb 27, 2022 sailing.  But yes, keep checking.

We are on the Feb 27 sailing as well. I can see the arrival group and I select it  but where does the QR code come ?? I cant tell if it is confirmed or not??

1 hour ago, fawnie said:

We are on the Feb 27 sailing as well. I can see the arrival group and I select it  but where does the QR code come ?? I cant tell if it is confirmed or not??

Are you on the Grand Turk cruise?  There is an active roll call for that one.  I was able to get a QR code after I was "Green Lane" with the first four check marks.  It just showed up on the main screen for my cruise after I got the last of the first four check marks.  The last check mark (the 5th) won't be done until January 26 when I do the health questions.

5 hours ago, kamelia said:

@Steelers36 I don't know if this was sarcastic on your part or not, but there may be more to it than just an offhand remark.  I have first-hand experience that leads me to doubt the reliability of whatever algorithms the developers are applying to define back-to-back cruises, creating issues I haven't seen anyone else commenting on, and it may have implications for the difficulties you're having with DMW.

We were booked on Emerald Princess from 12/9-12/19/21 and then Enchanted Princess from 12/20-12/30/21.  For whatever reason, that showed as a back-to-back in my MedallionClass app.  I have had no end of trouble with the app from the get-go, but knowing I could still get everything done that I needed to without the app, I just added that anomaly to "the list."  However, once we boarded Enchanted Princess, which showed as Day 15 in my JourneyView, I couldn't access any data using the app because:

image.png.50b35e9c91cb5cfe4ff22127cf80a82d.png

Nope, not maintenance downtime or capacity problems - probably more likely due to the fact that emerald.princess.com was not available on Enchanted Princess, wouldn't you think?

I have reported all of the issues I've been dealing with to OceanReady through a variety of means, and I will say that everyone has been very pleasant and eager in trying to help, but as someone else commented, it has been a rather whack-a-mole approach.  Yes, I have found ways to deal with the ill-functioning app, as did you in finding a work-around to get the DMW reservations for your B2B2B, but even for this "gray-haired Luddite," that doesn't seem to me to be an acceptable program.  

I can only hope that the developers make good on their word and that the solution that's supposed to be coming "soon" is completed before my next "back-to-back" (according to my JourneyView), two different Alaska cruisetours on separate itineraries on different Princess ships later this summer. 

For now, I think you hit this mole squarely on the head: B2B2B IS too much for it to handle.

I have read posts from CC members in your situation.  A series of voyages, but not consecutively on the same ship and MC App treats them like true B2B's.  You have a 1-day gap.  Our gap is 5 days between end of Regal voyages and start of single voyage on Island.  Never had them combined in MC App.  They are linked in POLAR such that the System knows not to offer return flights home in EZ-Air at end of Regal cruise.  (If we wanted to fly somewhere in Europe for the 5 days, would need to ask Princess to disconnect the bookings in order to open up EZ-Air).  IMO, this is a pretty serious issue and didn't resolve itself when the first voyage ended.  I don't see why the IT team could not have gone in and fixed your record manually (they have made tons of other data fixes).

Glad you keep sending them issues and hope a lot of people are doing that.  It just seems to be taking forever to get fixes done. 

As for the website enhancement to replicate check-in process, that will be nice to see for many folks, but I don't see it fixing existing issues like your non-B2B one or the problems with DMW.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:37 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

...A360ad7@carnival.com

Thank you!! Rapid response was unable to resolve so a fix-it ticket was written. If it cannot be resolved ahead of time I'll just deal with an expired card preventing me from entering the GREEN LANE before boarding. Everything else can be done ahead of time

Also outside of OceanNow (ordering 'room service'), NOTHING worked on the Emerald Princess 12/9/21-12/19/21 voyage. Which is why Ocean Navigators told me to just use MedallionNet. Even the Captain stated in the M&G that he couldn't access JourneyView or billing

Edited by Ombud

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thank you!! Rapid response was unable to resolve so a fix-it ticket was written. If it cannot be resolved ahead of time I'll just deal with an expired card preventing me from entering the GREEN LANE before boarding. Everything else can be done ahead of time

Also outside of OceanNow (ordering 'room service'), NOTHING worked on the Emerald Princess 12/9/21-12/19/21 voyage. Which is why Ocean Navigators told me to just use MedallionNet. Even the Captain stated in the M&G that he couldn't access JourneyView or billing

Rapid response?  I need that contact please?

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Rapid response?  I need that contact please?

A360ad7@carnival.com 

Sent reservation details:
1. Full name
2. Date of birth as YEAR-MONTH-DAY 
3. Booking # 

4. Sail Date as YEAR-MONTH-DAY

5. Ship
6. Smartphone & Model #
7. OS
8. Description of issue (& I included screenshots. I always do that with a detailed map of how I found issue)
9. Assurances that i had deleted app, then deleted cache (history), checked to make sure storage was cleared, reinstalled app and issue was still there

After 14 emails within an hour I finally got my fix-it ticket. 

Edited by Ombud

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:
A360ad7@carnival.com 

Sent reservation details:
1. Full name
2. Date of birth as YEAR-MONTH-DAY 
3. Booking # 

4. Sail Date as YEAR-MONTH-DAY

5. Ship
6. Smartphone & Model #
7. OS
8. Description of issue (& I included screenshots. I always do that with a detailed map of how I found issue)
9. Assurances that i had deleted app, then deleted cache (history), checked to make sure storage was cleared, reinstalled app and issue was still there

After 14 emails within an hour I finally got my fix-it ticket. 

Thank you!  I’ve used that a few times. Never got a ticket, but a mysterious fix.

Sometimes temporary though.  😂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fawnie said:

After I chose the arrival group and confirmed, at the bottom of screen, had to scroll down, a green box/area appeared at the top of the first page of the app saying "Arrival Status" Arrival Group A and just below that is a small, very small QR code.  When I tap that very very small QR code, it gets bigger.  To the left of the QR code it says Proceed to Green Lane.  I attached a picture but it is a little blurry.  Hope this helps.

1-7-2022 QR Code for Arrival group on app.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:
8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Does anyone have a problem buying the internet on the app?  Am I the only

one that the Buy Plan button isn’t functional?

My only "problem" is that they have not yet implemented the feature to recognize CC Member status apply the 50% discount.

22 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

After I chose the arrival group and confirmed, at the bottom of screen, had to scroll down, a green box/area appeared at the top of the first page of the app saying "Arrival Status" Arrival Group A and just below that is a small, very small QR code.  When I tap that very very small QR code, it gets bigger.  To the left of the QR code it says Proceed to Green Lane.  I attached a picture but it is a little blurry.  Hope this helps.

1-7-2022 QR Code for Arrival group on app.png

Thank you so much!! I am not in the green lane yet... still have to upload my documents and picture . Maybe that is why I still cant see a QR code, or even be sure of a confirmed time . maybe I need to work on those things first. I hate the stress of this. Give me paper and pen anytime! ( guess my age is showing 😉   )   thanks again 

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 11:00 AM, PacnGoNow said:
On 1/7/2022 at 10:59 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Does anyone have a problem buying the internet on the app?  Am I the only

one that the Buy Plan button isn’t functional?

FYI: you can "edit" your post if you hit send too soon or want to change what you said. There is a time limit ( a couple of minutes? 5?). Just tap the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post and choose "edit".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

FYI: you can "edit" your post if you hit send too soon or want to change what you said. There is a time limit ( a couple of minutes? 5?). Just tap the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post and choose "edit".

20 minutes.

Here's a new one:

I am booked on a b2b cruise.

I have different cabin mates for each voyage.

Arrival times are available for both voyages.

Medallion Class sees b2b as one voyage on my app.

Here's the "glitch"

If I pick an arrival time for voyage 1 with cabin mate 1, I received my green lane/QR code.

When I sign in with cabin mate 1 to pick an arrival date....ALL of my cabin mates show up.  I select cabin mate 1 and myself.  Great...all working.  (screen shot)

Then....I move on to second voyage.  Since I can't sign in under my name (no way to split b2b), I can see my name and cabin mate 2 and 3.  I select ALL.  Great.  I see green lane and QR code for all.  (screen shot)

Go back and check b2b with my account and cabin mate 1....My green lane is gone and so is the QR code.

Back and forth trying all kinds of combinations.  Same results.  Get one, erased one, get one...etc...you see the pattern/error?

Resolution:  Lessor of two evils.  Picked arrival dates for Passenger 2 and 3 on second voyage.  They are more important.  "Relinquished" my green lane and QR code for voyage 1.  I have a screen shot.  My cabin mate 1 has a green lane....I am elite in a suite (sorry about having to mention that)...and will push my way through in Group A.  

Why should it be so difficult?  Poor Passenger 2 and 3.  First time Princess cruisers and they are ready to say "no more".

When will the web based personalizer return?

And of course, today is Sunday.  Not worth sending in a "ticket".  Not worth being on hold.  I will deal with it in person.

@HBCcruiser Help....how did you handle this on your back to back with different cabin mates?

S I G H

So easy to find fault with anything, including a sunrise.  We have been on two voyages since November and had no problems at all with either the medallion or the MedallionClass app.

Granted you might not need the app at all once on the ship, however, you miss out on all the neat things you can do with it if you do use it.

1.  You can make or change dining options

2.  You can check the menu for the dining room for all the day's meals.

3. You can locate your fellow shipmates and join them wherever they are....or not.

4.  You can message them at any time.

5.  You can check the daily activities.

6.  You can look at your planned activities.

7.  You can look at your shipboard account.

8.  You can find venue locations and show how to get there.

9.  You and view port guides.

All this and more right from your phone with the app at any time.

Granted there are some of these items above you can do without the app from your cabin TV or the portals around the ship, but the convenience is right there all the time.

Now if none of these things are important to you, so be it.  Don't worry about trying to use the app and stop complaining about it.

It works great and I'm glad that Princess decided to try this technology.

When the web based information entry page is finished it should eliminate the frustration that some have had trying to implement the app.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Here's a new one:

Here's the "glitch"

If I pick an arrival time for voyage 1 with cabin mate 1, I received my green lane/QR code.

When I sign in with cabin mate 1 to pick an arrival date....ALL of my cabin mates show up.  I select cabin mate 1 and myself.  Great...all working.  (screen shot)

Then....I move on to second voyage.  Since I can't sign in under my name (no way to split b2b), I can see my name and cabin mate 2 and 3.  I select ALL.  Great.  I see green lane and QR code for all.  (screen shot)

Go back and check b2b with my account and cabin mate 1....My green lane is gone and so is the QR code.

Back and forth trying all kinds of combinations.  Same results.  Get one, erased one, get one...etc...you see the pattern/error?

Resolution:  Lessor of two evils.  Picked arrival dates for Passenger 2 and 3 on second voyage.  They are more important.  "Relinquished" my green lane and QR code for voyage 1.  I have a screen shot.  My cabin mate 1 has a green lane....I am elite in a suite (sorry about having to mention that)...and will push my way through in Group A.  

Why should it be so difficult?  Poor Passenger 2 and 3.  First time Princess cruisers and they are ready to say "no more".

And of course, today is Sunday.  Not worth sending in a "ticket".  Not worth being on hold.  I will deal with it in person.

@HBCcruiser Help....how did you handle this on your back to back with different cabin mates?

S I G H

Try only selecting boarding times for your first cruise. You don’t need to worry about your second because you will be with the in transit group. Have your second friend sign in on their OWN app and select their boarding time. She/he should only see the cruise they are on. I hope this helps. Good luck and Happy Cruising

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Here's a new one:

Here's the "glitch"

S I G H

Why not just book your first Arrival Group and leave it at that as you don't need that for the rest of the B2B's.  Let your future companions just book their own single Arrival Group.

• Like 1

"All this and more right from your phone with the app at any time"

and therein lies part of the problem for me - I don't want to carry my phone with me everywhere I go when I am on the ship.   So yes, I can see there might be some advantages to the app whilst on board, but I still prefer the advantage of actual human and person to person interaction.

Additionally, I don't want to hear other people's phone conversations or their video chat with the grandkids, dog sitter, next door neighbor, etc. while trying to relax by the pool or at Vines or the International Cafe and I feel it is inevitable that this problem will be even more invasive than it already is with people carrying their phones in order to avail themselves of the advantages of the app.   

• Like 4

Agree with BabySarge. First thing we normally do on the cruise is lock our phones in the safe. Take our Kindles to read as we relax. But, that is our choice and everyone is free to make their own choices. Just glad to be back cruising!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BabySarge said:

and therein lies part of the problem for me - I don't want to carry my phone with me everywhere I go when I am on the ship.   So yes, I can see there might be some advantages to the app whilst on board, but I still prefer the advantage of actual human and person to person interaction.

You won't need to take the phone with you all the time - just when you anticipate using the app on your phone.  If you don't want to use the app on board you don't need to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BabySarge said:

Additionally, I don't want to hear other people's phone conversations or their video chat with the grandkids, dog sitter, next door neighbor, etc. while trying to relax by the pool or at Vines or the International Cafe and I feel it is inevitable that this problem will be even more invasive than it already is with people carrying their phones in order to avail themselves of the advantages of the app.   

I kept my phone handy for the first 2 days of our November cruise on Sky only because it was a new ship for us and the app was useful for finding our way around.  After that it stayed packed away.

Thank you @HBCcruiser and @Steelers36.  I am such a Type A personality when it comes to getting organized.  

When my first voyage cabin mate tried to modify her boarding time (after I got hers) to include me, she couldn't.

I am sometimes OCD when it comes to getting prepped for a cruise.  Passenger 2 is already frustrated with Medallion Class app and Passenger 3 is completely unaware of cruising.  She is sitting back and just following along.  

I am fine...now..This is not a problem that will prevent me from getting on the ship (really app problems do not prevent you from boarding).  Just frustrating and completely unnecessary stress to put passengers through.  I really thought that I had experienced all the issues that one could possible encounter.  Just venting my disappointment in the app.

• Like 1